MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Wednesday, December 24, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 35.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Bottle Pouring Top

Grocery stores, recipes, cook books, CSAs, farmers' markets, organic, local, processed, corporate. It's a smorgabord!

Bottle Pouring Top

Postby Bwis53 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:38 pm

I've got a 25oz. glass bottle of raspberry drink syrup. It's divine but there are drips down the side and I've over poured into a teaspoon (trying not to use too much) . It's hard to use one hand to pour into the teaspoon. I just went through my bag of bottle tops (plastic flip and pull caps) None of them fit. I'm nearing the end of a bottle of brandy and I just tried the little plastic thing in there and it doesn't fit. I wonder if a liquor place would have a good spigot fit. I don't want a pump. Any suggestions, other than transferring some of it to a small plastic squeeze bottle?
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Bottle Pouring Top

Postby rabble » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:50 pm

I think you'd have better luck at BB&B or that kitchen\knife sharpening place. Um... yeah: Wisconsin Cutlery & Kitchen Supply, 3236 University Dr.

I know both those places have pourers and stoppers but not sure if they'd have one for that size.

Come to think of it, Vom Fass just might have one for their little vinegar and oil bottles that would fit.... or if you felt extravagant you could just buy one of their bottles with a pourer.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:52 pm

This doesn't solve your problem, but it's another solution that I think is pretty cool. Never tried it, but the physics make sense.

http://www.doobybrain.com/2009/02/11/ve ... art-spout/
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sandi » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:30 pm

Why not empty a bottle that does have a pour top. Then put your raspberry drink syrup into that.
Sandi
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:45 pm

I just went through my pantry and found a rubbermaid pull-top see though joggers bottle and I found an old honey bear hiding behind a thermos. I transfer a few things (gigantic detergent) because of ease of use. I tried using Smuckers raspberry pancake syrup but it doesn't blend well and has HFC. The pretty raspberry drink mix uses cane sugar and blends well in cold drinks. So before I run around just for a spigot I'm going to try what I've got.
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Jademan7 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:10 pm

Any liquor store will have these and they'll be a lot less expensive.
Jademan7
Forum Addict

Postby msnflyer » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:51 pm

Kessenich's on Fair Oaks has plastic ones with flexible ribs that fit various sized bottles. They cost about $3 for a dozen. They also offer plastic squirt bottles.
msnflyer
Forum Addict

Postby Bwis53 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:17 pm

The honey bear works great. A hot hair dryer made the label peel off easily. I suspect the pull top bottle will also work. Considering the stuff I over poured, dripped and spilled, the transfer was a good idea.
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Cooking & Food issues