MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Wednesday, October 1, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 61.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Simpsons Pub Quiz w/OuttaToons! Mar 11 Best. Pub Quiz. Ever.

Got a gig coming up? A CD coming out? A new bass player who looks like Jesus and smells like a field of posies? If you're selling or promoting something, post it here.

Postby bobbyray » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:46 pm

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:
bobbyray wrote:I hope somebody already thought of inventing the Flaming Momo for this event, because if nobody thought of that ahead of time than everybody is stupid?

Well, besides what BookPolice already said, I also sang "... let's all go to Flaming Momo's" during The OuttaToons set, narrowly avoiding being stupid. Whew! That was a close one ...

I knew somebody would come through on the stupidity avoidance. Wish I coulda been there. Still, it would have been cool if they had actually devised an actual beverage for the occasion.
bobbyray
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Jesse Russell » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:01 pm

bobbyray wrote:I knew somebody would come through on the stupidity avoidance. Wish I coulda been there. Still, it would have been cool if they had actually devised an actual beverage for the occasion.

Even without a beverage specific to the show the majority of attendees seemed appropriately liquored up. Smiles all around.

Of course, it would have been cool if we could have convinced Furthermore to change their name to Duff for the night.
Jesse Russell
Forum Addict

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:03 pm

Jesse Russell wrote:Even without a beverage specific to the show the majority of attendees seemed appropriately liquored up. Smiles all around.

Of course, it would have been cool if we could have convinced Furthermore to change their name to Duff for the night.

Just think how wasted we all would have been if there had been more than, you know, one friggin bartender.

On second thought, maybe that was the point.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:05 pm

bobbyray wrote: I knew somebody would come through on the stupidity avoidance.

I believe you mean avoision.
It's a crime, look it up.
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ShaneDog » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:07 pm

I'll bring the cough syrup to the next event.
ShaneDog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby small cheese » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:53 pm

Any chance we could get the scores? My teammates and I would like to know if we placed 6th or 16th. By my count, we averaged about 6 points per round, but have no clue as to where that places us amongst the other teams. We will heartily celebrate our victory if we were anything but last place.

We had a great time no matter how well or poorly we did, and the cheap Furthermore beer was a nice treat. A big thanks to all involved!
small cheese
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Hype Exchange