MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Wednesday, August 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 76.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

MadPubQuiz of Awesomeness:Classic Rock (7/8)/Simpsons (7/26)

Got a gig coming up? A CD coming out? A new bass player who looks like Jesus and smells like a field of posies? If you're selling or promoting something, post it here.

MadPubQuiz of Awesomeness:Classic Rock (7/8)/Simpsons (7/26)

Postby Jesse Russell » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:55 pm

Ask and you shall receive, the MadPubQuiz of Awesomeness will be returning twice in July! It is safe to say the 80s film night went rather smoothly and the addition of the dance off to settle ties was...well..awesome. We expect that both of these next two quizzes will pack Montmartre so you should register early (we already have a number of pre-registrants!). Please do not register for both quizzes in the same email. We have a limit of 18 teams (three to five per team). Theme dressing is encouraged!

SUNDAY July 8, 8 p.m.: ALL CLASSIC ROCK QUIZ!

Four categories will be general classic rock ranging from the 60s to the early 80s. Expect questions concerning bands and musicians including (but not limited to): Queen, Deep Purple, AC/DC, The Kinks, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Black Sabbath, Jethro Tull, Dire Straits, Cream, Jimi Hendrix, Journey , Aerosmith, The Doors, Heart, Eagles, Lynyrd Skynyrd, .38 Special, The Allman Brothers Band, Big Brother and the Holding Company, the James Gang, Steve Miller Band, Alice Cooper, Tom Petty, Blue Oyster Cult, Rush, ELO, Genesis, Rolling Stones, and Creedence Clearwater Revival. We will even be throwing in questions from Styx, Boston, Journey, Foreigner, REO Speedwagon, Twisted Sister, Motley Crue and Supertramp.

One category each for The Beatles, Zepplin, and Pink Floyd. And, of course, our infamous "Name That Tune" round. All ties will be determined by air guitar! Register with the subject line "Classic Rock Quiz."

THURSDAY JULY 26, 8 p.m.: ALL SIMPSONS PUB QUIZ!
The day before the film comes out the MadPubQuiz of Awesomeness that started it all returns! All new (well, mostly all new) questions! The final details are still being worked out, but it will be just like last time except, um, even awesomer. Register with the subject line "Simpsons Pub Quiz 2!"

To help offset some of the cost to put on the quizzes we are asking for a small registration fee of $5 per each team. Anything left over after prize costs will go to the winning team.

Register by sending an email to info@dane101.com
Jesse Russell
Forum Addict

Postby Jesse Russell » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:35 am

bump.
Jesse Russell
Forum Addict

Postby Jesse Russell » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:12 pm

Still room for two or three more teams for the CLassic rock quiz on Sunday.
Jesse Russell
Forum Addict

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:28 pm

For some reason, this seems to have become the trash-talking page for this Sunday's competition (just skip down to Kyle Motor's post and work from there.)

To recap: rrnate is going to lose... his very soul.
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:29 pm

There are some high-power rock teams assembled for this. I thought I had it in the bag, and now I'm concerned - if I don't win this, there will be hell to pay.

The good news is that if there is a dance-off, I totally have my nemnesis team licked.

-nt-
rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Kyle Motor » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:44 pm

The only thing any other team is gonna get from this contest is a stern lesson in futility.

Jesse, you could probably just mail my teammates and I our crowns. Send mine to:

Kyle Motor
402 Rockingham Way
I Am Better Than You, WI 54418
Kyle Motor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Jesse Russell » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:40 pm

rrnate wrote:There are some high-power rock teams assembled for this. I thought I had it in the bag, and now I'm concerned - if I don't win this, there will be hell to pay.

The good news is that if there is a dance-off, I totally have my nemnesis team licked.

-nt-

No...no...dance offs. Only air guitar.
Jesse Russell
Forum Addict

Return to Hype Exchange