MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Tuesday, September 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 63.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

HometownSweethearts 5 Year Anniversary-7/6 @ HNS w/LowCzars

Got a gig coming up? A CD coming out? A new bass player who looks like Jesus and smells like a field of posies? If you're selling or promoting something, post it here.

HometownSweethearts 5 Year Anniversary-7/6 @ HNS w/LowCzars

Postby waylan » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:32 pm

Ah, it seems like just yesterday when three guys got together at Damon's Family Restaurant on the west side to play a ridiculous batch of cover songs. Back in those days, they called us the Low Rollers, a name Chris Boeger used for any band he had that didn't have a name. Sooner or later, we came up with the Hometown Sweethearts, which was a name I once used for my basement garage rock band that never made it out of the garage, (until we kicked out the lead singer, after which we called ourselves Lola and The Knockers.) Pretty soon after we were packing the Weary Traveler, and the the Crystal Corner Bar.

Friday, July 6th we will be celebrating five years of oddball covers, crazy dance parties and lots and lots of sweatin', when we do a little show down at the High Noon Saloon. Opening will be our friends in the Low Czars, Madison's newest cover band sensations. Hope to see you there.
waylan
Forum God/Goddess

Postby waylan » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:26 pm

'Nother.
waylan
Forum God/Goddess

Postby meowzamusic » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:37 pm

Back when Chris played in my band, we used to call ourselves the "Half in the Bag"
meowzamusic
Forum God/Goddess

Postby waylan » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:10 pm

Tomorrow already.

I'm going to be in a good mood, as I'll have just finished seeing the Police at Wrigley! Whoooo whoooo!

www.myspace.com/hometownsweethearts
waylan
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Hype Exchange