MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, January 31, 2015 |  Madison, WI: 30.0° F  Light Snow
Collapse Photo Bar

SATURDAY- Shabelles CD Release Show w Trouser/The Bin Men

Got a gig coming up? A CD coming out? A new bass player who looks like Jesus and smells like a field of posies? If you're selling or promoting something, post it here.

SATURDAY- Shabelles CD Release Show w Trouser/The Bin Men

Postby Schabow » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:52 am

It may have taken over two years to complete, but through technical delays, health issues, band members relocating and a simple lack of organization, The Shabelles are finally ready to release their third album "Breaking Up with The Shabelles". The event takes place in Madison, WI on April 23rd, 2011 @ The Frequency with Nick Brown's (from Brown Derby) side project, "Trouser" opening and the power pop band "The Bin Men" closing the night.

"Breaking Up with The Shabelles" has been 2 years in the making for us. Shabelles bassist Andy Russell recorded the album and lead guitarist Patrick Sieben mixed the album, while the album was mastered by Kyle Motor and the Art Design by Dave Esmond.

To get a taste of the new album, there are three songs on the “Music” section of our new website: http://www.theshabelles.com.

The Shabelles CD Release party will be the first show played out in over a year and we can't tell you how excited we are to return back to the Madison rock world!

The Shabelles CD Release Party
w/Trouser and The Bin Men
Frequency - Saturday, April 23rd 2011
9pm
$5
Schabow
Forum God/Goddess

Re: SATURDAY- Shabelles CD Release Show w Trouser/The Bin Me

Postby supaunknown » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:14 am

bump
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:00 pm

I have it on good faith that A) Trouser will be delivering a "precision-rock" performance that will not be rivaled for the rest of the year, B) Schabow will keep his clothes on ALL night, no matter what and C) The Shabelles will have finished CDs at this show, honest this time.

These are just a sample of the compelling reasons you should set a little time aside Saturday night to come out to this event TO END ALL EVENTS.

In this challenging economy, Madison needs a band like the Shabelles, to provide low-cost entertainments at sort-of-high-cost quality-levels. Act now and receive a gift to be determined at a later date!
rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:39 pm

plus ... SCHABOW!
minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:11 pm

minicat wrote:plus ... SCHABOW!

Somehow I knew after posting a wordy, Gill-From-The-Simpsons attempt at salesmanship, someone like Minicat would show up and succinctly create some real hype.
rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:32 am

Wow, what a couple years it's been. I humbly tip my hat to every band that has ever recorded their own album. Eagerly learned new stuff at every turn (and wish I would've paid more attention in Marv Nonn's Recording101). Frequency this, phase that, rinse & repeat. Place the mic *here*? WTF? Check-check-power-POWER!

Considering we recorded most of Breaking Up With The Shabelles in my basement with a Firepod, I'm quite pleased with the way things came out. Most of the credit for that goes to our guitar player, 7, who has an incredible ear and mixed the hell out of our tracks.

Schabow is a great songwriter. Fearless, weird, humble, and amazingly prolific (he just wrote 3 more songs while you read this). A shame in working on this latest album for so long was that Schabow wrote a metric asston of new songs during that time that didn't get the attention they deserved.

Greatly looking forward to the release show. Rock.
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Schabow » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:01 am

supaunknown wrote:Wow, what a couple years it's been. I humbly tip my hat to every band that has ever recorded their own album. Eagerly learned new stuff at every turn (and wish I would've paid more attention in Marv Nonn's Recording101). Frequency this, phase that, rinse & repeat. Place the mic *here*? WTF? Check-check-power-POWER!

Considering we recorded most of Breaking Up With The Shabelles in my basement with a Firepod, I'm quite pleased with the way things came out. Most of the credit for that goes to our guitar player, 7, who has an incredible ear and mixed the hell out of our tracks.

Schabow is a great songwriter. Fearless, weird, humble, and amazingly prolific (he just wrote 3 more songs while you read this). A shame in working on this latest album for so long was that Schabow wrote a metric asston of new songs during that time that didn't get the attention they deserved.

Greatly looking forward to the release show. Rock.

Awww...thanks Supes! I swelled up a bit. The truth is Seven worked did work his ass off...but Supes worked hard on the recording and organizing all the files as well. The rest of us helped in any way possible (Nate with his critically acclaimed "swooshing" and Emily for having to haul her drumset to every practice before this CD Release. God knows that's a pain to do.

It's been over a year since we played out and I seriously can't wait. I know it's a busy weekend for many, but I really hope that those in town, can make it out. I promise a good time.

Oh yeah, also big props to Kyle Motor for mastering the hell out of songs and Dave Esmond for designing the artwork and pictures for the album.

rrnate wrote:B) Schabow will keep his clothes on ALL night, no matter what.

I never agreed to that.
Schabow
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:23 pm

C'mon all you gorilla juicehead guidos! Fist pump!
it's an orange sky
always it's some other guy
it's just a broken lullaby
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Zombeatles_Fan » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:16 pm

this appears to be a super fun packed show - and no one's even mentioned the Bin Men, who I keep hearing good things about
Zombeatles_Fan
Forum Addict

Postby Marvell » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:39 pm

It's "It's an orangey sky..."

Get it right, dude. Sheesh.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Walter » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:27 pm

Schabow has a get-out-of-jail free card for tonight so don't come whining to me when things get weird.

Seriously.
Walter
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Hype Exchange