MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, November 22, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 32.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Topics for "Outside the Box"

Got a gig coming up? A CD coming out? A new bass player who looks like Jesus and smells like a field of posies? If you're selling or promoting something, post it here.

Topics for "Outside the Box"

Postby Stu Levitan » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:21 pm

I'll be filling in for Mitch Henck on Thursday's "Outside the Box" on WIBA. Topics you'd like addressed?
Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Topics for "Outside the Box"

Postby jjoyce » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:12 pm

Wow, Stu. That's pretty cool. I've only ever heard Brian Schimming or this guy with a Jersey accent who essentially parrots GOP talking points on that show in Henck's absence. I wonder what the wingers who normally tune in for their extended dose of red meat will think.

You should have Zach Brandon on. And Steve Schooler from Porchlight. And the sheriff to talk about common sense gun issues.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:19 pm

Invite Sly to discuss the economics of the radio business.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:03 pm

Why it's wrong for WIBA to continually give Brian Schimming airtime.
minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stu Levitan » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:47 pm

Looks like first hour will be remembrances of Marsh Shapiro; 2nd hour will be gun issues with Buster Bachhuber from Wisconsin NRA; 3rd hour will be the SFH saga (including discussion of how Ann Althouse's husband equates marriage with prostitution. That's right, Larry, we'll be talking about YEW!) And anything else that's on your mind. Phone lines open, 321-1310. Hope you can join us.
Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:00 am

No offense Stu, but another dude talking about Suzy Favor? And in so doing, referring to yet another dude?

I mean, at this point, it's a dead horse issue anyway. But why not a fresh perspective? Why not have a woman on?

Same for NRA guy, by the way. If I wanted the NRA's take on gun issues, I'd turn on my TV and dial it to pretty much any random news station. Why not shake up the format over there? You know, make it really outside the box?

And why use another medium to feed the trolls?
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:06 pm

I agree with Jason's point about how boring it is to hear one more guy (or gal) discussing SFH's personal life. What I find mildly interesting is slut-shaming bluenose Stu's apparent need to keep beating the dead Hamilton horse, his desire to misconstrue and misstate what I have written in TDPF, and his attempt to pimp his radio show by using my name and my wife's name.

Also, you're wrong, Stu - I am one of your biggest fans.

PS: Jason, I've said it before, I'll say it again - the worst troll on the Forum... is you.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:46 pm

Meade wrote:....and his attempt to pimp his radio show by using my name and my wife's name.

Given the fact the Stu is guest-hosting Mitch Henck's radio show, it's more likely that he's giving you a chance to pimp your wife's blog using his show. Unless you think that her blog reaches more people than Henck's radio show, of course.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:05 pm

Detritus, her blog does reach more people, statewide, nationally, and internationally than Henck and Levitan reach combined. Look it up.

The attempt to pimp - and not even a very honest attempt - was made purely by Stu who continues in his quest to slut-shame SFH.
The federal fiscal crisis... the Benghazi stonewall/cover up... oh no no no - we must focus on something really important - Suzy Favor Hamilton's private life. Disgusting.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:28 pm

jjoyce wrote: Why not shake up the format over there?

Why not shake up the format here?

REBOOT !
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:04 pm

Meade wrote:Detritus, her blog does reach more people, statewide, nationally, and internationally than Henck and Levitan reach combined. Look it up.

Your assertion, your job to provide the evidence.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:17 pm

Detritus wrote:
Meade wrote:Detritus, her blog does reach more people, statewide, nationally, and internationally than Henck and Levitan reach combined. Look it up.

This is like challenging ESPN to show proof they have a bigger audience than the WSUM sports guys.

For the record, I like the WSUM sports guys. And I don't have cable.

It is what it is. Oohhh i hate that phrase. If Althouse needed to be pimped by a guest host on "outside the box", well then...Althouse would never have been mentioned in the first place.

Just sayin.

How is Mitch doing?
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:46 pm

bdog wrote:
Detritus wrote:

This is like challenging ESPN to show proof they have a bigger audience than the WSUM sports guys.

So then Meade should be able to come up with the evidence lickety-split, right? Show me the numbers, then.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:57 pm

Put your money where your mouth is.

How much are you willing to bet?

Seriously, do you really think the "Outside the box" show is as well known as the Althouse blog?

Ok. Whatevs.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:09 pm

bdog wrote:Put your money where your mouth is.

How much are you willing to bet?

Seriously, do you really think the "Outside the box" show is as well known as the Althouse blog?

Ok. Whatevs.

All I'm asking for is the numbers. Put up or shut up, Dave.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to Hype Exchange