MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Monday, September 1, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 71.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Low Czars vs. cold Thurs. 1/31 High Noon happy hour

Got a gig coming up? A CD coming out? A new bass player who looks like Jesus and smells like a field of posies? If you're selling or promoting something, post it here.

Low Czars vs. cold Thurs. 1/31 High Noon happy hour

Postby minicat » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:29 pm

Who cares if it's below zero?

Do you like classic rock (Thin Lizzy, Kiss)? Better still, do you like '60s garage, pop and freakbeat (Monkees, Move and Master's Apprentices, oh my)? You could hear those subgenres and so much more if you come visit Madison's itinerant wedding ensemble, the Low Czars, during happy hour at the High Noon Saloon on Thursday, Jan. 31. $5 cover, 5:30 pm start.

Other things you may possibly like:
- Helping the Low Czars raise some cash to pay for new PA speakers in their shared practice space, after the old ones blew up for the nth time
- Kyle Motor
-happy hour specials
- awkward on-stage banter as the band argues about what to play
- Herb Alpert* and/or kittens*
- playing the "who is which Foron" game
- playing the "whose amp just started acting up" game

*may not be present

FIRE IT UP MADISON!
minicat
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 4464
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2002 2:22 pm

Re: Low Czars vs. cold Thurs. 1/31 High Noon happy hour

Postby rrnate » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:55 pm

minicat wrote:Who cares if it's below zero?

Do you like classic rock (Thin Lizzy, Kiss)? Better still, do you like '60s garage, pop and freakbeat (Monkees, Move and Master's Apprentices, oh my)? You could hear those subgenres and so much more if you come visit Madison's itinerant wedding ensemble, the Low Czars, during happy hour at the High Noon Saloon on Thursday, Jan. 31. $5 cover, 5:30 pm start.

Other things you may possibly like:
- Helping the Low Czars raise some cash to pay for new PA speakers in their shared practice space, after the old ones blew up for the nth time
- Kyle Motor
-happy hour specials
- awkward on-stage banter as the band argues about what to play
- Herb Alpert* and/or kittens*
- playing the "who is which Foron" game
- playing the "whose amp just started acting up" game

*may not be present

FIRE IT UP MADISON!


There is a flyer with Kyle's questioning stare above the urinal at the Crystal; I know, because I saw it there on Saturday. It did not generate any buzz with me for this show. None. At all.
rrnate
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3656
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2002 6:33 pm
Location: Madison's Corporate Underbelly

Re: Low Czars vs. cold Thurs. 1/31 High Noon happy hour

Postby Kyle Motor » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:30 pm

rrnate wrote:There is a flyer with Kyle's questioning stare above the urinal at the Crystal; I know, because I saw it there on Saturday. It did not generate any buzz with me for this show. None. At all.

Probably because that flyer is for this other show.
Kyle Motor
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3267
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:48 pm
Location: Rock'n'roll crazy nights

Re: Low Czars vs. cold Thurs. 1/31 High Noon happy hour

Postby rrnate » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:54 pm

Kyle Motor wrote:
rrnate wrote:There is a flyer with Kyle's questioning stare above the urinal at the Crystal; I know, because I saw it there on Saturday. It did not generate any buzz with me for this show. None. At all.

Probably because that flyer is for this other show.


Oh, I KNOW what show it's for - I'm just using this as an illustration of how you are being used in marketing by TWO bands and it's failing on all levels. These bands need a more cherubic mascot, like, say, me.
rrnate
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3656
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2002 6:33 pm
Location: Madison's Corporate Underbelly

Re: Low Czars vs. cold Thurs. 1/31 High Noon happy hour

Postby Kyle Motor » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:04 pm

rrnate wrote:Oh, I KNOW what show it's for - I'm just using this as an illustration of how you are being used in marketing by TWO bands...

All of which was done without my permission.

rrnate wrote:...and it's failing on all levels.

Please show some factual figures on this "failure".
Kyle Motor
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3267
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:48 pm
Location: Rock'n'roll crazy nights

Re: Low Czars vs. cold Thurs. 1/31 High Noon happy hour

Postby Marvell » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:05 pm

rrnate wrote:These bands need a more cherubic mascot, like, say, me.


'Cherubic' in Cornwall, maybe.

To the rest of the world, your appearance might be more accurately described as 'spavinous.'
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 6979
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2001 11:28 pm
Location: At one with time and space

Re: Low Czars vs. cold Thurs. 1/31 High Noon happy hour

Postby rrnate » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:09 pm

Marvell wrote:
rrnate wrote:These bands need a more cherubic mascot, like, say, me.


'Cherubic' in Cornwall, maybe.

To the rest of the world, your appearance might be more accurately described as 'spavinous.'


I'm afraid you've lost me - I'm simply to lovely to know what that word means (and Google's first page results are not helping).
rrnate
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3656
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2002 6:33 pm
Location: Madison's Corporate Underbelly

Re: Low Czars vs. cold Thurs. 1/31 High Noon happy hour

Postby rrnate » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:11 pm

Kyle Motor wrote:Please show some factual figures on this "failure".


Qualitatively, the results are in this very thread.

Quantitatively, data is being collected. Expect a series of infographics depicting your lack of broad appeal shortly.

It. Will. Be. Devastating.
rrnate
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3656
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2002 6:33 pm
Location: Madison's Corporate Underbelly

Re: Low Czars vs. cold Thurs. 1/31 High Noon happy hour

Postby minicat » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:14 pm

We all had to learn the hard way that promoting using unauthorized Schabow doesn't work. Unauthorized Kyle seemed like the next best option.

Unauthorized Kyle should also be the title of Gene Simmons' next book.

Marvell wrote:
rrnate wrote:These bands need a more cherubic mascot, like, say, me.


'Cherubic' in Cornwall, maybe.

To the rest of the world, your appearance might be more accurately described as 'spavinous.'


Ouch.
minicat
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 4464
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2002 2:22 pm

Re: Low Czars vs. cold Thurs. 1/31 High Noon happy hour

Postby Kyle Motor » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:02 am

Rrnate's cruel, vegan-style terror will not destroy the momentum that we've got going on here. So many varieties of rock'n'roll crammed into one happy hour seems impossible, yet Low Czars deliver.
Kyle Motor
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3267
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:48 pm
Location: Rock'n'roll crazy nights

Re: Low Czars vs. cold Thurs. 1/31 High Noon happy hour

Postby KANG » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:39 pm

THESE EARTHLINGS WILL INDEED FIRE YOU UP.

SOMEDAY WE WILL BRING THEM TO RIGEL IV.
KANG
Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:38 am


Return to Hype Exchange

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

moviesmusiceats
Select a Movie
Select a Theater


commentsViewedForum
  ISTHMUS FLICKR

Promotions Contact us Privacy Policy Jobs Newsletters RSS
Collapse Photo Bar