MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Wednesday, January 28, 2015 |  Madison, WI: 32.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

9 years of this #*@!$ ???? May 4...

Got a gig coming up? A CD coming out? A new bass player who looks like Jesus and smells like a field of posies? If you're selling or promoting something, post it here.

turn left

turn right
No votes
lean back
No votes

Total votes : 0

9 years of this #*@!$ ???? May 4...

Postby Logjam » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:09 am

Damn, Ken's Bar is just a hole in the ground these days...and I recall an irate guy from Alaska who saw our show in 1997 and told us we played bluegrass like we didn't know the difference between our asses and a hole in the ground. Man, if I knew where that guy was now I'd send him a picture of both as they are clearly NOT the same thing.

But I digress. May 4 marks 9 years of weekly (weakly?) shows by the Cork 'n Bottle String Band and we'll be celebrating at the Portal Music Cafe on S. Brearly Street from 6-9 PM. Actually we'll probably start around 6:30. The show is free.

9 years, singing the praises of the mash, HO HO! GLORY, GLORY, GLORY!

May 4 will end our run of Wednesday night shows at the Portal, we'll move to the UW Memorial Union Terrace for Thursday evening shows through August 11. Every Thursday, 5:30-7:30, May 12-August 11. These shows are also free, we'll be in the Rathskeller if it rains.

http://www.bignew.com
Logjam
Forum Addict

Postby Logjam » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:18 am

Oops. Isthmus has the 9 year show listed as tomorrow instead of 5/4. We ARE playing tomorrow but there will be no band trivia with fabulous prizes. There will be no special guests, probably. The only way to know for sure is to come to both shows. The cover charge is still nothing. No Thing.
Logjam
Forum Addict

Return to Hype Exchange