MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, December 26, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 36.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Road trip!

We want to hear about your adventures, be they from Istanbul, Ixtapa or Ixonia. And hey, you might even find someone you can sell your extra Euros to.

Road trip!

Postby beenie » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:31 pm

My presence is required at a family function in NY this summer, so now that I have sufficient vacation time, rather than just fly there by myself, the husband and I are in the very early planning stages of a summer road trip. We did the straight-through on I-80 last time we drove out, but this time, we're planning to make a big loop of it, have an adventure and visit some places and friends we'd like to see.

Any recommendations for attractions, food and/or lodging in Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, (somewhere fun/interesting to stop and stretch between Montreal and Boston), Boston, Providence, Philly, Baltimore, DC and Cleveland? We'll definitely be on a budget, but we're also foodies (not thrilled with that word, but it is what it is). I'd rather spend money on good dining experiences than fancy hotels, but I don't want to be crippled with back pain, either. Good dining doesn't necessarily mean fine dining, just good food. Poutine, a visit to the public market and some dim sum in Toronto are musts. The Hockey Hall of Fame is on the agenda, since I'd be crucified back home if I didn't at least stop at the gift shop. I've never been to Vermont or New Hampshire, it's been years since I've been to Boston, Philly or DC, and all I know of Cleveland is what I saw on No Reservations. And of course, we're looking for experiences we can't get here.

We're talking six months planning/budgeting time, so I thank you (well) in advance for any suggestions.
beenie
Forum Addict

Return to Travel