MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Thursday, July 31, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 65.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

What's your 2010 travel plans?

We want to hear about your adventures, be they from Istanbul, Ixtapa or Ixonia. And hey, you might even find someone you can sell your extra Euros to.

Re: What's your 2010 travel plans?

Postby kittenwithawhip » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:51 pm

wallrock wrote:Booked! My father and I are taking the City of New Orleans down to NOLA at the end of the month. We're planning on spending a few days soaking up the culture/getting shitfaced, then heading over to visit the relatives over near Biloxi. We're bringing the clubs too, and hope to get in a couple days of golf.

The Train they call the "City of New Orleans"? I have always wanted to try that but haven't been able to talk anyone else into going. Probably cause no one wants to hear me hum that song for 900+ miles.......
Do please post when you get back on how it went!
kittenwithawhip
Forum Addict

Postby hershinmad » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:29 pm

kittenwithawhip wrote:
wallrock wrote:Booked! My father and I are taking the City of New Orleans down to NOLA at the end of the month. We're planning on spending a few days soaking up the culture/getting shitfaced, then heading over to visit the relatives over near Biloxi. We're bringing the clubs too, and hope to get in a couple days of golf.

The Train they call the "City of New Orleans"? I have always wanted to try that but haven't been able to talk anyone else into going. Probably cause no one wants to hear me hum that song for 900+ miles.......
Do please post when you get back on how it went!

Did that the first Jazz Fest after Katrina. Trip of a lifetime. But I would spring for a sleeper if I did it again. It's overnight, and I didn't have near enough gin with me to pass out in my seat
hershinmad
Forum Addict

Postby kittenwithawhip » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:58 am

I always travel with an ample gin supply and a portable bar! No other way to go, really!
kittenwithawhip
Forum Addict

Postby narcoleptish » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:23 pm

Zipolite Mexico at the end of February. It will be my first experience with the Mexico City airport and I am dreading it (see other thread). The beach I am not dreading.

Then back down in April for a wedding in Puerto Vallarta.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bsaw001 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:04 am

I want to travel mid year of 2010. Maybe in a nice cozy place or in any historical landmarks in Asia. I'm really excited to be planning it as this is going to be my first time to travel with my bestfriend :)
Fortworth Dental | Dentist Corona
bsaw001

Postby Madsci » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:01 pm

We are going down under and then a bit north next month. The 14 hours in a plane seems a bit confining but I assume it's better than months at sea.
Madsci
Forum God/Goddess

Postby joesmith » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:00 am

Riding my bike from Seattle to San Diego along Hwy 1. Then riding to New Mexico, and riding up the Rocky mountains to Canada. I shall have an ass of steel when I'm done :mrgreen: .
joesmith

Postby msnflyer » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:15 pm

India and then Phoenix for a birthday party.
msnflyer
Forum Addict

Postby fennel » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:18 pm

Can we put this entire thread under Malapropisms that need stopped? Or maybe a lolcats thread: "Iz iz same as r?"
fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby buckyor » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:25 pm

A week on Isla Mujeres at the end of March. Scottsdale some time in the fall (likely to be Thanksgiving, since we spent last Thanksgiving in Wisconsin). Working on getting authorization to attend a conference in Chicago mid-year.
buckyor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:35 pm

Bahía Kino for semana santa.

¡Va a ser un viaje excelente!
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:15 am

Holland for work again this summer, maybe six weeks like last year, maybe for as long as three months. I'll stay in the same apartment I had last summer, which is awesome. Will probably end up spending a week or two in Antwerp, also awesome. Will spend the last week of the trip in Germany on the Bodensee, just like last year. Traveling on someone else's dime is pretty sweet.

In early October I'll head back to Europe for a friend's wedding in Bavaria, my ancestral home. Gotta pay for that one myself, but it'll be more than worth it.
Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby sakanee » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:22 am

Hi guys,

Hi I am Amanda from Australia. I am planning to travel to Sri Lanka for an vacation in June this year.

Some of friends visited Sri Lanka last year and they said that it is the safest country in Asia at the moment to travel. Also they added that there are so many places in Sri Lanka to visit and the people who live there show grate hospitality to the foreigners.

So my I have finalized my decision and will be visiting Sri Lanka to have grate a grate holiday.

Thank you.

Atlas America
sakanee

Postby Marvell » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:15 am

sakanee wrote:Hi guys,

Hi I am Amanda from Australia. I am planning to travel to Sri Lanka for an vacation in June this year.

Some of friends visited Sri Lanka last year and they said that it is the safest country in Asia at the moment to travel. Also they added that there are so many places in Sri Lanka to visit and the people who live there show grate hospitality to the foreigners.

So my I have finalized my decision and will be visiting Sri Lanka to have grate a grate holiday.

Thank you.

Grate googley-moogley!

That post really greated on my nerves.

T-minus 24 hours before I'm south-o'-the-border bound.

Hope I don't end up in burn barrel. That wouldn't be so grate.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:37 am

Heading back home on Thursday for a mini-SB, South Shore friends Thurs, poker in Boston Fri, North Shore family Saturday, Opening Day at Fenway vs. Yanks on Sunday, Cambridge on Monday.
boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Travel