MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
sweet corn sign
Thursday, July 31, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 62.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Favorite Bookstore

What books, zines or other pulp are you reading? What aren't you reading? What should everyone else read?

Postby TheBookPolice » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:22 pm

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby JMH » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:54 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:Heh. Are you sure you're not a sockpuppet of me or something?

Last time I checked there wasn't a hand up my ass, so I'm going to have go with "No" on this one.

Speaking of things up asses, this Maxine chick is hilarious. It's like having our own branch of the Phelps congregation to point and laugh at.
JMH

Postby Marvell » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:52 pm

Maxine wrote:
Marvell wrote:
Maxine wrote:By far the best bookstore is Family Christian Bookstore. Some of you Godless libtards should check it out, you might actually find salvation.

http://www.familychristian.com/

To: Maxine

Not everyone talking about heaven's going there - you hate-filled hag.

To: Mr Marvell

I trust I'm going to heaven because Jesus promised me. Atleast you admit there is a heaven which is more that I can usually get from the Godless Madison libtards. I'll pray for you, whihc is probably a waste of time because you are probably one of the gays. But praying for the Godless earns points with Jesus.

No, loving thy neighbor as thy self earns point with Jesus. Cheap and unearned self-righteousness earns His everlasting scorn.

I suspect you've been punked by The Other Guy. You know - goat-legged fellow; preys on human vanity...
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby buckyor » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:34 pm

Maxine wrote:I trust I'm going to heaven because Jesus promised me.

There's plenty of time for you to convince him to change his mind. I see you're working on it already.
buckyor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Maxine » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:43 pm

buckyor wrote:
Maxine wrote:I trust I'm going to heaven because Jesus promised me.

There's plenty of time for you to convince him to change his mind. I see you're working on it already.

No worry, the Good Book says once my name is written into the book of life it can't be erased.

Unlike your membership to the gays bathhouse list that turns away it's own kind if they gain a few pounds. How's that Jenny Craig working out for you bathhouse Betty? I'll pray for you, sodomite, but it's probably a waist of time. Do you remember the name of your last trick? I didn't think so, but Jesus does.
Maxine
Forum Addict

Postby Bwis53 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:19 pm

Red Letter News
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DedeTate » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:09 am

I miss BookWorks. Lately I like Room of One's Own.
DedeTate
Forum Addict

Postby blunt » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:09 am

Ok, now I'm pissed.
Almost all of my insightful and brilliant thought-provoking posts have disappeared over the weekend!

I posted something here about Star Books on Willy St unfortunately closing and how I used to a huge book buyer but not anymore and that no one really buys books as much as they buy DVDs and CDs because no one usually reads a book more than once, blah blah blah.
Something like that.
blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Books