MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Monday, December 22, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 34.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

LOST

How can cultural elitists like ourselves put TV in the Culture category? Well, where the hell else is it going to fit?

Opinion on Lost?

This show is a sign that the TV show as an art form is not dead.
53%
This show sucked, and I think you're insane for liking it.
No votes
Just a good show.
10%
You only like this because you're insane. Get help.
No votes
Never seen it.
28%
It just sucks in a regular way.
10%

Total votes : 40

Postby depinmad » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:36 am

holy smackerels, that was quite the episode.
depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:16 am

depinmad wrote:holy smackerels, that was quite the episode.

Phenomenal! Now how in the world are Sayid and Desmond going to get back to the Island? Are they going back? If they don't (and specifically, if Desmond doesn't), is Daniel fucked?
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:58 am

If they go back it better oscillate at 11 Hz...
boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:07 pm

Bad news, LOST fans. Next week because of WKOW's deal with WIAA, the new episode will not air locally until 10PM.

A friend of mine inside said this was unprecedented. WKOW was going to push the airing until 1 AM or later, but ABC insisted it air in place of Local News.
This will be the case for the next TWO episodes.

April 24th the series will move to 9 PM thursdays. I'm glad they're commited to keep this show on the air for 2 more years, because shifting slots and nights like this is what murdered Alias.
Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:12 pm

Unprecedented? Didn't they do this last year? This feels very familiar. Unless I'm thinking of a different show, but there are so few I watch. I think this has been done before.

I kinda like having LOST at 9 instead of 8. Gives me more time to get dinner and whatnot.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby depinmad » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:15 pm

WKOW is on my shitlist for a host of reasons, including this travesty, and the fact that they've been screwing up and not doing an hd feed some evenings, especially the night of wife swap and super nanny. (i know these shows aren't true high def, but KOW's not even making the pseudo def effort anymore)

they also butchered the high def feed of boston legal the night of the primaries

fuck them.
depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby chainsawcurtis » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:36 pm

Those bastards pull the same shit every year with General Hospital.* It's a good thing I can pick up Ch. 17 out of Rockford. I'm usually asleep by 10.

*Hey, I've been following GH since 1975. It isn't any weirder than Lost.
chainsawcurtis
Forum Addict

Postby Shipley » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:35 am

depinmad wrote:WKOW is on my shitlist for a host of reasons, including this travesty, and the fact that they've been screwing up and not doing an hd feed some evenings, especially the night of wife swap and super nanny. (i know these shows aren't true high def, but KOW's not even making the pseudo def effort anymore)

they also butchered the high def feed of boston legal the night of the primaries

fuck them.

they're limited by the technology they have on hand. They can't do hi def AND an overlay with weather reports or primary results or they other scrolling text at the bottom. so they feed standard def into the HD channel.
Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby depinmad » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:48 am

there's no reason in the world they need to scroll primary results or weather info or anything else on their high def channel. i think we all understand we can tune down to their standard def feed if that's the information we are seeking.
depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:59 pm

I'm actually pretty sure there are laws requiring stations (tv and radio) to inform their audience of alerts like watches and warnings from the national weather service.

the primary results is just the stupid tv stations trying to intrude upon your fantasy worlds with actual information that will affect your life. I'll agree, we don't need it to the degree we've gotten it, but its only every 4 years so I'm not going to shed a tear.
Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:54 pm

Tomorrow's episode will definitely be knocked back to 10pm. However, according to WKOW's online programming guide, the 3/13 episode will be shown at 8pm.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:02 pm

At least it isn't Billy Graham
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:48 am

Who else was yelling at the TV when it was after 10pm and they were still showing the game that was 50-38 with 45 seconds to go?
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:52 am

TAsunder wrote:Who else was yelling at the TV when it was after 10pm and they were still showing the game that was 50-38 with 45 seconds to go?

High school basketball, god bless 'em, is the most masturbatory, self-congratulating, waste-of-time sport out there.

But I took solace in knowing that it was WKOW locally, and not ABC nationally, that had its finger on the PLAY button. I knew we wouldn't miss any LOST, but it was still torture to have to watch that dreck.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:11 pm

Cripes! 14 pages and you guys are still Lost?

Maybe you should try Hare Krishna...
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to TV