MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, January 30, 2015 |  Madison, WI: 24.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Home Shopping Network

How can cultural elitists like ourselves put TV in the Culture category? Well, where the hell else is it going to fit?

Home Shopping Network

Postby TAsunder » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:28 pm

So apparently there is some regulation where a cable company can force cable cards and cable tuners to tune to a certain station when there is a weather alert or "kid gone missing" alert. So far so good. Therefore my cable cards have been changing stations in the past few weeks during weather alerts. I won't get into the ludicrosity of the weather alert system.

What I want to know is, why in the fuck does Charter make my cable cards tune to the home shopping network during a weather alert? Are these fools that incompetent, or what? That was a rhetorical question. It's annoying enough that my DVR interrupts recording for weather alerts. Imagine how annoying it is for my DVR to tune home shopping network for 5 seconds instead of whatever I was recording!?

"The world is ending! A tornado is 20 miles away from you and not coming any closer! Go do some shopping!"
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby massimo » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:15 pm

No shit, is that what that is? I've always wondered about that. Sounds like Charter is putting us all in danger-- class action lawsuit?
massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Return to TV