MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, December 27, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 31.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

LOST season finale - you watchin' it?

How can cultural elitists like ourselves put TV in the Culture category? Well, where the hell else is it going to fit?

What are you watching the LOST finale for?

Just love the show, period.
67%
Want to know if Naomi is being honest about rescue.
No votes
Others on the beach, and boom goes the dynamite!
7%
Underwater DHARMA station? How trippy will THIS be??
13%
I don't watch LOST.
13%
I don't watch TV.
No votes
Sheppy.
No votes

Total votes : 15

LOST season finale - you watchin' it?

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri May 18, 2007 2:37 pm

I am, and in fact I plan to take the day off in preparatory celebration.

So far, I haven't encountered any of the really nasty evil spoilerses that have been bouncing around the Internet. I'm hoping I don't, and thank you all very much for not posting them here.

Being a season finale, Through the Looking Glass is bound to feature someone biting it. We haven't seen Locke's final breath yet, nor Charlie's. Will Ben snap and deal the coup de grace to Richard? Tom? Jack?

Commencer votre nerdgasm!
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby depinmad » Fri May 18, 2007 2:45 pm

aye, brother
but chah-lie hasn't even begun to die yet.
unlike heroes, where i was overjoyed to see half the cast bite it last week (and god please may they stay dead, i'm talking to you eric roberts and malcolm mcdowell) i'll actually be bummed out if any of the main losters get axed.
i guess i'm one of the few fans who think this season has been as good or better than the others.
depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bruno » Fri May 18, 2007 3:00 pm

depinmad wrote:i guess i'm one of the few fans who think this season has been as good or better than the others.

Pun intended? I rather love the Desmond/Penny arc (I mean seriously, "Flashes Before Your Eyes" was one of the best episodes of the season), so Naomi's appearance was quite welcome. Although an hour of Hurley fixing a car more than made up for it in suckage.

Definitely looking forward to this finale, though, if last year's was any indication of how fuckin' sweet it could be.
Bruno
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DMeister » Fri May 18, 2007 3:48 pm

I heard there's something that Desmond for sure won't be able to prevent. . .He won't be able to stop saying brother.
DMeister
Forum Addict

Postby chainsawcurtis » Fri May 18, 2007 4:06 pm

Me and the wife watch faithfully and bought the dvds because we don't have cable and the otr picture sucks most of the time. The underwater station makes no sense. Where does the door go? Didn't seem like it (the structure) was that big.

Check it out from lostpedia -

I dragged this to my desktop. It makes pretty good wallpaper
chainsawcurtis
Forum Addict

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri May 18, 2007 4:18 pm

chainsawcurtis wrote:The underwater station makes no sense. Where does the door go? Didn't seem like it (the structure) was that big.

The whole structure is about 50 feet tall. The occupied portion of it is about 16 feet tall. If the overall schematic from the show is to scale, then it's about 50 feet wide as well, and longer perhaps than that. More than enough space for multiple rooms.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby skippy » Mon May 21, 2007 9:06 am

I won't post any spoilers but, having read some, the finale looks to be what we've come to expect from previous season finales. My guess is that the setup for next season will be to hint at more things relating to the island pre-DHARMA - there was the 3-toed statue from last season's finale and the column to which Locke's dad was tied - and Richard and his merry band of gassers.
skippy
Forum Addict

Postby Beer Moon » Wed May 23, 2007 9:32 pm

Don't even THINK about it 27 Weather Central.
Beer Moon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beer Moon » Wed May 23, 2007 9:33 pm

THAT THUNDERSTORM SHIT BETTER COME OFF MY HDTV BEFORE THE COMMERCIAL BREAK IS OVER YOU PIECES OF SHIT!
Beer Moon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beer Moon » Wed May 23, 2007 10:01 pm

Now the HD show is over, and their lame ass SD newscast is playing, and THEY ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT THE STORM WARNING THAT WAS SO IMPORTANT THAT THEY RUINED THE SEASON FINALE OF LOST.

Assholes.
Beer Moon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Wed May 23, 2007 10:12 pm

Oooh, I hadn't thought about the HD/SD thing. That sucks. Sorry Beer.

On the other hand, that episode certainly redefined the series from this point out. I called the flash-forward in the very first flash, I'm proud to say.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby depinmad » Fri May 25, 2007 7:56 am

i loved every second of the finale. even with the hd/sd switches. at least on charter cable's feed, they did a much better job of it. they pretty much cut in with sd for just a second or two, kinda to let you know there was an alert if you were interested in tuning into the sd feed, then they'd switch right back to hd. much much preferable to the nbc station which goes to sd for weather and stays there.

loved the flash forwards, but if the series ending is the losties returning to the island of their own accord to live there, i think i'll be kinda bummed out.
depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beer Moon » Fri May 25, 2007 8:27 am

depinmad wrote:i loved every second of the finale. even with the hd/sd switches. at least on charter cable's feed, they did a much better job of it. they pretty much cut in with sd for just a second or two, kinda to let you know there was an alert if you were interested in tuning into the sd feed, then they'd switch right back to hd. much much preferable to the nbc station which goes to sd for weather and stays there.

loved the flash forwards, but if the series ending is the losties returning to the island of their own accord to live there, i think i'll be kinda bummed out.

Jack's "WE HAVE TO GO BACK" sentiment sounded a little more urgent than something that might be finished with "so we can live there and hang out".

Maybe the others followed them back to civilization, and they have to go back to fight them over there so they don't have to fight them here.
Beer Moon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby depinmad » Fri May 25, 2007 8:38 am

i guess what i'm saying is, what i love about lost is how consistently surprising it is with it's twists, and i'd just be kinda bummed if the end game of them returning to the island (for whatever reason) has been spelled out with two seasons left to go...
depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri May 25, 2007 9:28 am

I'm thinking that not everyone gets rescued.

A well-reasoned theory from another site conjectured that the funeral was for Ben (using the pseudonum of Jeremy Bentham, as hinted at in the newspaper clipping), and his death almost drove Jack to suicide because Ben was Jack's last hope of getting back to the Island to rescue everyone else. Thus, the "God forgive me" line before he was about to jump.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to TV