MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Wednesday, July 30, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 58.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

FOX HD

How can cultural elitists like ourselves put TV in the Culture category? Well, where the hell else is it going to fit?

FOX HD

Postby Shipley » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:12 pm

For some reason, any time I tune into fox HD on my charter box i get PBS. i didn't notice until last week when I tried to watch Terminator, thought it was a simple error, and then saw it again last night when i tried to watch the game.

I'll of course give charter a ring about this, but I'm wondering if anyone else has the same or similar problem with channels being mixed up.
Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Madsci » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:39 pm

Didn't you hear? PBS took over FOX.
Madsci
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:33 pm

dammit, Nova isn't as funny as Family Guy.
Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Korrigan » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:05 am

I'd suggest powering off and unplugging your Charter box for a minute or two, then replugging/powering it on. I don't think they made a recent change to the channel lineups, but it sounds like the cable box numbers to digital cable channel numbers mapping is somehow wrong. (The Charter cable numbers are sort of an artifice.)

Or, assuming you have a QAM tuner in your HDTV, plug your HDTV directly into the coax from the wall, bypassing the box, set the input to antenna, and tune to the digital cable HD channels directly with your HDTV remote. The only unscrambled ones (other than some of the OnDemand stuff, and the non-HD channels) at the moment are:

WMSN-DT/Fox 46-4
WHA-HD/PBS (evenings only) 114-2
WISC-DT/CBS 106-3
WKOW-DT/ABC 106-1
WMTV-DT/NBC 104-6
Golf/Versus 77-1
Korrigan
Forum Addict

Postby jammybastard » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:15 am

Shipley wrote:dammit, Nova isn't as funny as Family Guy.

Yeah, but Frontline is if you like black humor.
jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess

Why can't I get fox?

Postby guyinco6nito » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:42 pm

Korrigan wrote:I'd suggest powering off and unplugging your Charter box for a minute or two, then replugging/powering it on. I don't think they made a recent change to the channel lineups, but it sounds like the cable box numbers to digital cable channel numbers mapping is somehow wrong. (The Charter cable numbers are sort of an artifice.)

Or, assuming you have a QAM tuner in your HDTV, plug your HDTV directly into the coax from the wall, bypassing the box, set the input to antenna, and tune to the digital cable HD channels directly with your HDTV remote. The only unscrambled ones (other than some of the OnDemand stuff, and the non-HD channels) at the moment are:

WMSN-DT/Fox 46-4
WHA-HD/PBS (evenings only) 114-2
WISC-DT/CBS 106-3
WKOW-DT/ABC 106-1
WMTV-DT/NBC 104-6
Golf/Versus 77-1

Hello,
Did you need to do anything in particular to get Fox's WMSN-DT over QAM? I've tried hooking up my Charter cable connection to my Vizio L37's QAM tuner, and an HDHomeRun QAM tuner, and I get all of the aforementioned High Definition channels EXCEPT Fox! :-(

I suspect it's low frequency might be the problem, could you tell me what hardware works for you?
Thanks,
-guyinco6nito
guyinco6nito

Return to TV