MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, November 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 16.0° F  Light Snow
Collapse Photo Bar

Jon + 8 / Kate + 8

How can cultural elitists like ourselves put TV in the Culture category? Well, where the hell else is it going to fit?

Re: Jon + 8 / Kate + 8

Postby Violet_Skye » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:48 pm

small cheese wrote:Shouldn't you be asking me how long it's been since I've gotten laid? 'Cuz you just might be onto something...

That's what she said.
Violet_Skye
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:47 am

small cheese wrote:No worries! When I was on here before I was a fan of yours, one stupid generalization isn't going to make that go away. And your opinion is just that - it didn't hurt my feelings or anything.

I was really just trying to get back into the groove of the DPF. WTF is going on in this place? Shouldn't you be asking me how long it's been since I've gotten laid? 'Cuz you just might be onto something...

I'm blushing cuz I'm embarrassed. I was glad to see you posting again, even if I drew your well-justified barb. Not sure what's going around here. It's mostly deadsville, that's for sure. Places like Facebook and Twatter, with emphasis on one-liners, seem to be where the party's at. Maybe the forum could bring back some excitement by adding an "Erotica" writing section?
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby small cheese » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:01 pm

supaunknown wrote:I'm blushing cuz I'm embarrassed. I was glad to see you posting again, even if I drew your well-justified barb. Not sure what's going around here. It's mostly deadsville, that's for sure. Places like Facebook and Twatter, with emphasis on one-liners, seem to be where the party's at.

Thanks, but I'm not sure I'll stick around here for very long. All these boards and networking sites are time-consuming. But with how much slower this place seems to be now, it would be a lot easier to keep up. I guess it's TBD.

supaunknown wrote:Maybe the forum could bring back some excitement by adding an "Erotica" writing section?

I think that's a grand idea. I suggest we get things started by putting Walter's posts to Kyle in there.
small cheese
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:08 pm

small cheese wrote:
supaunknown wrote:Maybe the forum could bring back some excitement by adding an "Erotica" writing section?

I think that's a grand idea. I suggest we get things started by putting Walter's posts to Kyle in there.

Maybe we could get blunt to provide illustrations?
rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:09 pm

small cheese wrote:I was really just trying to get back into the groove of the DPF. WTF is going on in this place?

Just start sleuthing people out, you'll feel right at home. :wink: You already got me, and we all just learned how you snuck up on Oprah. How many other notches are in that belt of yours, anyway?
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby small cheese » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:32 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:Just start sleuthing people out, you'll feel right at home. :wink: You already got me, and we all just learned how you snuck up on Oprah. How many other notches are in that belt of yours, anyway?

I don't think you want to know. Or maybe I just don't want to say.
small cheese
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Metallicist » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:55 pm

supaunknown wrote:Season 5 premiere last night.
Dark. Sad. Ouch.

Jon was evasive, pissed off, and possibly on meds.
Kate was busy, blindly indignant, and is about to be named People Mag's #1 Villainess in America.

The love is gone. Damn.

Yeah. On meds or just stoned. I'm hoping he took the opp to fire a doob and then be mellow.

Weird thing for me about these two is I see them everywhere: him a decent, nice guy; her pretty much self involved. He takes up the slack, and she builds her ego.

I have some good friends that I see a lot of in Jon. He's got a tough road ahead. Good luck from a guy who aint a thing like you, but has his own problems b/c of that :-)
Metallicist

Postby supaunknown » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:27 pm

Anybody see this week's episode? It was the second week in a row where they had some sort of Food Network tie in.
Kate hit Emeril Lagasse with a wooden spoon. Bam! Ol' Emeril did NOT look he was having fun being there.
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to TV