MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Saturday, September 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 66.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Treme

How can cultural elitists like ourselves put TV in the Culture category? Well, where the hell else is it going to fit?

Treme

Postby Remember_Me » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:02 am

The best fucking show on television. Period.

How is there not more buzz around this drama?!? Is everybody that broke that they just simply can't afford HBO? I don't get it!

Then I just read this and can't help but wonder... where is the love?

And no, it's not me. This IS one of the best shows on television. I've mentioned it before in these forums and am surprised there's not a following from other members here.

Is anyone here watching this program? If not, it's on Netflix now.

Get it in your queue now and start from the beginning. We're only 2 seasons deep so you haven't missed the boat.... yet.

And to all the music lovers on this board... you're doing yourself a disservice if you're not watching this show.

Seriously.
Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Treme

Postby c02 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:33 pm

Enjoyed watching it when we had HBO but I honestly liked Boardwalk Empire more. To answer your question about being able to afford HBO; when we picked up on Netflix we dropped all of our premium channels. There is simply no need. As much as I enjoyed those two shows, those two alone weren't worth what we were paying. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a good chance we'll see either streaming on Netflix with HBO launching their own streaming service.
c02
Forum Addict

Postby depinmad » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:36 pm

season one was not good. at all. but out of love for the wire, i forced myself to watch it all. the last episode was a step in the right direction.
season two has been much better. best show ever? not by a long shot, but i would, without too many reservations, recommend season two if anyone asked me if i thought it was worth watching.
depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:42 pm

Tried to live without HBO but couldn't do it. Game of thrones has been amazing now I have to read the books. True Blood I was into for a while. Wife still likes it but last season and this current one haven't been up to season 2. Boardwalk is can't miss TV, Bill Maher, and let's not forget Kenny Fucking Powers. There's far too much great original programming. Unfortunately the cable/dish companies have you by the balls for it. Any attempt to lower your bill by removing channels is rendered useless by adding back in HBO.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby EastSideTom » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:22 pm

I agree that it's one of the best shows on TV. Rarely watch it in real time, but Charter On Demand provides a chance to catch up on two or three episodes at a time. Music is treated with love and respect. I'm also baffled by the lack of buzz.
EastSideTom
Forum Addict

Postby Remember_Me » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:53 am

depinmad wrote:season one was not good. at all.

Oh c'mon now. Season one WAS good... just not as terrific as season two was. But a lot of shows are like that.

But as of right now, they've really hit their stride. The plot momentums are building huge and I'm expecting nothing less than a stellar season 3.

My only beef? That the seasons don't have more episodes.

I'll probably flip flop back and forth between Treme and Boardwalk Empire as to which is the better program. Prior to the second season of Treme it was definitely B.E. But with Treme's 2nd season just ended and so fresh in my mind, it squeaks out barely ahead.

But again, with the new season of BE almost here, I'll probably end up flip flopping and giving the nod to BE.

Either way, there's never been a better time to be an HBO subscriber.
Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Return to TV