MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Tuesday, October 21, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 47.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Right Again ~or~ No Shiite Sherlock

How can cultural elitists like ourselves put TV in the Culture category? Well, where the hell else is it going to fit?

Right Again ~or~ No Shiite Sherlock

Postby john_titor » Sun May 27, 2012 8:59 pm

I have stated my admiration for your tips and insight in other threads Mr. Robbins, but dang, right again with Sherlock. What an excellent show.

My only gripe is there are so few episodes per season. Gripe however balanced, by 90 minute episodes.

Get 'em while they are free: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/watch/index.html Expires 6/19

Season three in the works.
john_titor
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Right Again ~or~ No Shiite Sherlock

Postby john_titor » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:44 pm

Season one is on netflix.
john_titor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby markkay » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:45 am

Season 1 is also at Four Star. Watching TV on my tiny phone at the gym is no fun. The tiny portable DVD player is a little better. Suppose I should get an iPad or a more reasonably priced competitor one of these days.
markkay
Forum Addict

Postby NullDevice » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:16 am

Much like the recent series of Doctor Who, sometimes the episodes get a little "Moffat-y" - that is, visibly impressed with their own cleverness (which upon further investigation ins't really all that clever, just entertaining dialogue to cover up a plot hole). Baskerville was the biggest offender in this last series.

However, the charisma and performances of the leads, especially Freeman, really just makes the show. Cumberbatch gets all the credit (and he is excellent) but IMO he wouldn't be nearly as effective without Martin Freeman's quintissential britishness as a foil.
NullDevice
Forum God/Goddess

Return to TV