MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, November 27, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 23.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Turd Sandwich? Giant Douche?

How can cultural elitists like ourselves put TV in the Culture category? Well, where the hell else is it going to fit?

Who's getting your vote this election?

Turd Sandwich
25%
Giant Douche
50%
Avacado Pit
13%
Pocket Lint
13%

Total votes : 8

Turd Sandwich? Giant Douche?

Postby SIZZAW » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:11 am

OK, so the new South Park was quite disturbing yet relevant. Good start to the new season!

The PETA scenes were especially touching, for those that love animals. ;)
SIZZAW
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:15 pm

OH :shock:
MY :shock:
GAWD :shock:

Saw it last night on rerun. Hilarious.
-Llama Lover
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ShaneDog » Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:24 pm

I saw it last night too. It was pretty funny, but I think they are a little too harsh on PETA. The vast majority of PETA people aren't anything like that, just like the vast majority of pro-lifers aren't going out and bombing abortion clinics. Also, I have to take issue with their thinly veiled charge that both candidates suck, or the similar there's no difference between them argument.

It would have been a lot better episode (but probably less funny) if they had gone with the angle that the amazing, wonderful thing called Democracy that they teach you about in school really doesn't work very well in practice, and that most of your life you're going to be voting for people who don't match your political views very closely because the other candidate is evil/stupid/ignorant/elitist/pick your favorite reason.
ShaneDog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Thusnelda » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:01 pm

Heh. Did you read the New Yorker profile of Ingrid Newkirk a while back? Her will states that she wants to be made into a footstool or wastebasket so that others may see how ludicrous the treatment of animals has been. The horror!
Thusnelda
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ShaneDog » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:18 pm

jimannah wrote:Heh. Did you read the New Yorker profile of Ingrid Newkirk a while back? Her will states that she wants to be made into a footstool or wastebasket so that others may see how ludicrous the treatment of animals has been. The horror!

Yeah, well I still don't think that describes the typical PETA member. I have several friends who are PETA members and they aren't like that at all. I'm not a member of PETA but I believe in animals deserving equal consideration as described by Peter Singer. I realize that he holds some other really fucked up views (eugenics, etc) but that doesn't mean that his argument for why animals deserve equal consideration is invalid.
ShaneDog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stepbrother » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:22 pm

SHAKE THEM TIITIES WHEN YOU VOTE, BITCH!!!
SHAKE THAT ASS WHEN YOU VOTE BITCH!!!!

:)
Stepbrother
Forum God/Goddess

Return to TV