MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Wednesday, October 1, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 66.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Another Mike Quieto Thread!!!

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Postby awestra » Thu May 31, 2007 11:13 am

pulsewidth modulation wrote:
To quote Quieto: "I'm not sure who I gave that paperwork to" "I'm not sure where those signatures came from" "I'm simply not sure"

What story are the quotes from? Can you attribute the source so I can read/listen to them?
awestra
Forum Addict

Postby Daisy » Thu May 31, 2007 11:13 am

I love Madison. It's a city whose quality in any number of ways has exceeded it's relatively small size, population and amount of demographic diversity.

The one thing that's always bugged me about it is that it settles for small-potatoes mediocrity when it comes to its political "scandals." Instead of periodic tempests-in-teapots, it might get some inspiration to step up its game from our newly elected city councilman Ed Jew, whose coverage in our newspaper of record has really raised the bar:

"After raids on his home and business by the FBI this month, Jew is being asked to explain why businessmen with city permit problems handed him $40,000 in cash to make them go away."

Dude's got SAUCE. After the feds found tens of thousands in cash for "expediting fees" in his safe, all the bad press about him not even living in his district totally went away. VERY savvy.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f ... Q1QLS1.DTL
Daisy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pulsewidth modulation » Thu May 31, 2007 11:20 am

roadkill bill wrote:From the Cap Times:
The Madison Ethics Board not only summarily dismissed Ald. Zach Brandon's ethics complaint against a temporary election season worker in the City Clerk's Office Tuesday, but also, on an identical 4-1 vote, refused to recommend that the City Council enact Brandon's proposed ethics ordinance that grew out of the incident.

Ethics Board Chairman Charles Center was the only member of the board to side with Brandon on either issue.

Your post selectively disregarded what the other board members concluded. Your post, as usual, is purposely misleading as well as thin sauce.

Why did Quieto hire a lawyer?
pulsewidth modulation
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Thu May 31, 2007 11:22 am

TheBookPolice wrote:
pulsewidth modulation wrote:If Quieto was so innocent and this whole ordeal framed as "No big deal" by PD; why did he hire a lawyer?

Yeah! I know that if I were wrongly accused of a crime, I'd never hire a lawyer to represent my interests, because that would just make me look guilty!

Yeah!! I want to know that too!!
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pulsewidth modulation » Thu May 31, 2007 11:35 am

awestra wrote:
To quote Quieto: "I'm not sure who I gave that paperwork to" "I'm not sure where those signatures came from" "I'm simply not sure"

What story are the quotes from? Can you attribute the source so I can read/listen to them?

That's what he said at the ethics hearing while defending his political operative status using a lawyer.
pulsewidth modulation
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pulsewidth modulation » Thu May 31, 2007 11:38 am

awestra wrote:

That's what he said at the ethics hearing while defending his political operative status using a lawyer.
pulsewidth modulation
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Thu May 31, 2007 11:46 am

pulsewidth modulation wrote:Why did Quieto hire a lawyer?

Why did Georgia Thompson hire a lawyer?

But more to the point:

Why is pulsewidth modulation such a laughable pinhead?
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby roadkill bill » Thu May 31, 2007 11:46 am

Your post selectively disregarded what the other board members concluded. Your post, as usual, is purposely misleading as well as thin sauce.

I'll answer your second question/point first: He hired a lawyer because he's not a moron. When someone is trying to railroad you on idiotic charges, it is only prudent to have a lawyer.

My quote from the Cap Times was pointing out that your claim that the Ethics Board chair was a member of PD, and therefore not fit to judge Quieto - and where did you get any indication that he was a member of PD? - was another example of your screeching paranoia. You are so wrapped up in finding ways to prop up your accusations that you are now pulling shit out of your ass that doesn't even make sense.
roadkill bill
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Thu May 31, 2007 11:50 am

roadkill bill wrote: You are so wrapped up in finding ways to prop up your accusations that you are now pulling shit out of your ass that doesn't even make sense.

'Now?'

That's pm's whole M.O., bro. He truly must have a cavernous rectum to stash so much gibbering lunacy up in there.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lordofthecockrings » Thu May 31, 2007 12:03 pm

Donald wrote:Ethical political leadership would disavow the actions of Quieto, and find a way to make sure this never happens again. Instead we have political hacks defending this unethical behavior.
Make sure what never happens again?

I asked you once but I'll try again: Are people defending Quieto or just saying there's nothing to defend? 'Cuz there's a huge difference there, doncha see?
lordofthecockrings
Forum God/Goddess

Postby roadkill bill » Thu May 31, 2007 12:05 pm

Marvell wrote:
That's pm's whole M.O., bro. He truly must have a cavernous rectum to stash so much gibbering lunacy up in there.

Point taken.
roadkill bill
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Thu May 31, 2007 12:12 pm

Marvell wrote:
roadkill bill wrote: You are so wrapped up in finding ways to prop up your accusations that you are now pulling shit out of your ass that doesn't even make sense.

'Now?'

Dammit, Marvell, you beat me to it.
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pulsewidth modulation » Thu May 31, 2007 12:28 pm

roadkill bill wrote:
pulsewidth modulation wrote:Why did Quieto hire a lawyer?

I'll answer your second question...: He hired a lawyer because he's not a moron. When someone is trying to railroad you on idiotic charges

There you have it; either the charges were well targeted and serious, and everyone except PD operatives knows this; so he knew he needed some muscle during the hearing. OR, he is a moron and spent a lot of money on something that has been described by PD as a "non issue" and "idiotic."

Your story isn't lining up Bill, I doubt it would in court either.

Quieto was sent to tamper with ballots because TAA was riding on outcomes. Should knowing Alders just sit there and let this happen? Maybe the PD alders think so... Their lifestyles surly ride on targeted tax redistribution.
pulsewidth modulation
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Thu May 31, 2007 12:33 pm

pulsewidth modulation wrote:There you have it; either the charges were well targeted and serious, and everyone except PD operatives knows this; so he knew he needed some muscle during the hearing. OR, he is a moron and spent a lot of money on something that has been described by PD as a "non issue" and "idiotic."

Your story isn't lining up Bill, I doubt it would in court either.

The charges were serious. The fact that they weren't true made them a non issue.

Quieto was sent to tamper with ballots because TAA was riding on outcomes. Should knowing Alders just sit there and let this happen? Maybe the PD alders think so... Their lifestyles surly ride on targeted tax redistribution.

So what ballots were tampered with? What evidence was there of ballot tampering? If this was the case, why didn't Zach bring it up as an issue?
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby awestra » Thu May 31, 2007 12:50 pm

You went to the ethics hearing?
awestra
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Local Politics & Government