MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, December 18, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 26.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Austin "the redistribution" King is finally gone

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Postby pulsewidth modulation » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:57 am

Grubendol wrote:WYOU cable access... City Channel 12... neither are financed by our tax dollars, they're financed by a fee on your cable bill.


Those fees are imposed by the Madison City government and cost anyone who subscribes to Charter or a physical phone line MORE MONEY due to left wing intervention. That's called cost shifting. Not everyone wants government propaganda coupled to their cable bills, yet it's the law. Those fees can't be waived until socialist propaganda is not forced upon unwilling consumers you greedy prick.

Besides... Stu Levitan's "interviews" and so called "community" Exposés are loaded and biased to the FAR FUCKING LEFT. Everyone knows it. Clean up your act or get lost!
pulsewidth modulation
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2451
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:18 pm

Postby BobArctor » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:03 pm

pulsewidth modulation wrote:
Grubendol wrote:WYOU cable access... City Channel 12... neither are financed by our tax dollars, they're financed by a fee on your cable bill.


Those fees are imposed by the Madison City government and cost anyone who subscribes to Charter or a physical phone line MORE MONEY due to left wing intervention. That's called cost shifting. Not everyone wants government propaganda coupled to their cable bills, yet it's the law. Those fees can't be waived until socialist propaganda is not forced upon unwilling consumers you greedy prick.

Besides... Stu Levitan's "interviews" and so called "community" Exposés are loaded and biased to the FAR FUCKING LEFT. Everyone knows it. Clean up your act or get lost!


When confronted with the bald reality that you are completely wrong on the basic facts, you pitch a tantrum. Now, go off and pout somewhere. Silly child.
BobArctor
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1231
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:04 am
Location: Hypertime

Postby pulsewidth modulation » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:11 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:you cannot make the logical point that WYOU (which is not MCC12, for what it's worth) should be taken off the air because someone might put something up that is distasteful or offensive to you individually.


One problem with your so called "logic." I'm not offended by the material. I could care less if a commercial enterprise broadcast this kind of humor for others to purchase. I do not have the ability to turn the government off in order to not pay a fee, nor does anyone else. I am offended that I am forced to pay for socialist propaganda as well as other taxes levied via hidden "user fees" imposed by Madison City government.

Later kids. I can't wait for the day we can all say good bye to Stu Levitan and his bent pro land grabbing commentary disguised as "community" development.
pulsewidth modulation
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2451
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:18 pm

Postby Taxed » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:20 pm

Ed Breakfast wrote:
Taxed wrote: Could if I had recorded it, but tune in to the CC meetings and listen to damn near anything said by Brenda or Robbie.


So you're suggesting that when a meeting is covered from gavel-to-gavel with no editing and some of the participants happen to say things with which you disagree that it somehow constitutes propaganda on the part of the Madison City Channel?

Didn't say that. An example was requested and that's what I gave. Brenda and Robbie are frequently heard droning on about some nanny plan. Myself, I watch 12 quite a bit and appreciate being able to watch the council meetings and Stu's show. I oppose the cable legislation too, just so you don't hurt yourself generalizing.
Taxed
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:45 pm
Location: 89th best mid-sized city in America

Postby Taxed » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:28 pm

jjoyce wrote:Incidentally, you could have a show on WYOU yourself, of course you'd need something to say first.
You just did this to give me an example on civility toward those who post here. Thanks!
Taxed
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:45 pm
Location: 89th best mid-sized city in America

Postby ShaneDog » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:47 pm

bluethedog wrote:
Stu Levitan wrote:And, btw -- just because someone has a different political philosophy, that doesn't make them a "dirt bag."

Agreed. To be fair it doesn't make them a "dud" either, as Isthmus proclaimed of Cindy Thomas in this article based solely on her voting record.

Excuse Cindy for the having the audacity to disagree on these things!
That's too bad because there are so many things other than her voting record which prove her obvious dud-ness.
ShaneDog
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 4296
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2002 2:46 pm
Location: E Wash

Postby ShaneDog » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:49 pm

pulsewidth modulation wrote:6. AB207 will soon end city channel 12's left wing socialist propaganda
Huh? Is C-SPAN left wing socialist propaganda too? How is the airing of government meetings socialist propaganda?
ShaneDog
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 4296
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2002 2:46 pm
Location: E Wash

Postby Ed Breakfast » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:22 pm

Taxed wrote:Didn't say that. An example was requested and that's what I gave. Brenda and Robbie are frequently heard droning on about some nanny plan. Myself, I watch 12 quite a bit and appreciate being able to watch the council meetings and Stu's show. I oppose the cable legislation too, just so you don't hurt yourself generalizing.


Then what did you say? PM suggested that AB207 would eliminate MCC12s left-wing socialist agenda. I asked for an example of said propaganda. I assumed that you offered your bit as an example of MCC12's left-wing socialist propaganda because that's what I asked for.

I'm not generalizing at all. I'm glad you watch City Channel and I appreciate that you oppose AB207, which is a bad bill for lots of reasons, not the least of which is the harm it would do to PEG channels.

There's a thread about this bill. Sadly, it too was derailed by PM's nonsense.
Last edited by Ed Breakfast on Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ed Breakfast
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:20 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Postby Ed Breakfast » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:32 pm

Chuck_Schick wrote:Pulse is most certainly full of shit, don't get me wrong. Your error lies in your assumption that he's conscious of his fecal constitution. In reality, he's as oblivious to this fact as to every other ever presented him.


It looks like you were right. I was giving PM the benefit of the doubt and assuming that he was being intentionally dishonest to further some kind of agenda. It looks like he was just talking out of his ass.

pulsewidth modulation wrote:Besides... Stu Levitan's "interviews" and so called "community" Exposés are loaded and biased to the FAR FUCKING LEFT. Everyone knows it. Clean up your act or get lost!


Really? I hate to sound like a broken record but please give me a specific example of this. Let me rephrase that: Give me a SPECIFIC FUCKING EXAMPLE.

Oh, and I gotta say I'm amused by your unhealthy obsession with socialism. What gives? Does it all go back to some playground incident in which your lunch was redistributed by socialist bullies?
Ed Breakfast
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:20 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Postby pulsewidth modulation » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:46 pm

Ed Breakfast wrote:PM suggested that AB207 would eliminate MCC12s left-wing socialist agenda (PM used the word propaganda here). I asked for an example of said propaganda.


Actually, you misquoted me dick head. You're so behind in this debate you need to lie in order to keep up. I also gave an example of PEG supplied propaganda. Then the left quickly changed the subject in order to re-align for persoanl attacks.

Why are fiscal responsibly or lowering taxes never treated as issues on city channel 12? These subjects are always ridiculed as "conservative." Need I say anymore how biased city channel 12 is? Stu Levitan never brought a guest on that was in favor of AB207... All he said was "the people we invited declined". That's his excuse? That's his attempt at balance? Then he continued to rail on the bill from one angle, and that angle was a loss of "access," which is a totally bogus frame of reference as I have pointed out.

Ed Breakfast wrote:AB207, which is a bad bill for lots of reasons, not the least of which is the harm it would do to PEG channels.


You, as well as you accomplices on the city council, have yet to produce any factual evidence of "harm." Getting rid of socialist propaganda is not "harmful". You can believe whatever you want, but you can't prove the existence of "harm." Keep playing that game...
pulsewidth modulation
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2451
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:18 pm

Postby misterman » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:58 pm

bluethedog wrote:
misterman wrote:So I believe you can judge most politicians based on the answers to these questions-- Did you help limit government action to truly important and crucial areas? Did you help the government act as efficiently and effectively as possible?

That's way too simple. A room full of Austin Kings OR a room full of Zach Brandons would both be a disaster. You need both of them to have a vital city. Exactly what percentage of each is ideal is debateable.


I don't understand. Why do you need any spendthrift politicians? How do people who propose wasteful solutions to debatable problems help create a "vital city"? Government waste and over-regulation creates vitality?
misterman
Member
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:23 pm

Postby bluethedog » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:25 pm

misterman wrote:I don't understand. Why do you need any spendthrift politicians? How do people who propose wasteful solutions to debatable problems help create a "vital city"? Government waste and over-regulation creates vitality?

Well your criteria was did the Alder "limit government action to truly important and crucial areas". So that leaves us with what? Police, Fire, Water, Streets. Parks is gone. Metro is gone. Public Health is gone (that one might be arguable). Animal control gone. Parking enforcement gone.

I could go on and on. Doesn't sound like a very vital city to me.
bluethedog
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1375
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:49 am
Location: West side

Postby jjoyce » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:54 pm

Taxed wrote:You just did this to give me an example on civility toward those who post here. Thanks!


I never said people have to be civil to each other. On the contrary: Jerks who don't know the facts before flinging around their strongly-stated opinions ought be be smacked down.

But you have the habit of levying particularly harsh attacks (primarily on women, I've noticed) without anyone knowing who you are. There's a word for that. Actually, there are a lot of words for that.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 12168
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2001 4:48 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Postby pulsewidth modulation » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:32 pm

jjoyce wrote:AB207 benefits nobody but corporate media.


Cite the facts and prove it. Except for unnecessary "access" regulations placed on providers who in turn pass their costs onto consumers, nothing will be lost. Then go a step further and prove, with facts not just opinions, that AB207 is "harmful" to the public at large.

I bet you can't get past your straw man, neither could any other socialists on this thread.
pulsewidth modulation
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2451
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:18 pm

Postby Chuck_Schick » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:35 pm

pulsewidth modulation wrote:You're so behind in this debate you need to lie in order to keep up.

Says the dipshit who doesn't even know which channel he's bitching about.

Are you ever just going to shut up and eat your crow like a good little discredited imbecile, or does somebody have to come over there and spoon-feed you to the tune of choo-choo noises like the infant you persistently come across as?
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 10385
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 4:41 pm
Location: back atcha

PreviousNext

Return to Local Politics & Government

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

moviesmusiceats
Select a Movie
Select a Theater


commentsViewedForum
  ISTHMUS FLICKR
Created with flickr badge.

Promotions Contact us Privacy Policy Jobs Newsletters RSS
Collapse Photo Bar