MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, January 31, 2015 |  Madison, WI: 30.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

PD Co-Chair Jumps Ship

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Postby BobArctor » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:35 pm

I don't go to meetings very often. I like PD and don't spend any time at all being a purity troll about whether the group or any particular members are exactly in agreement with every point of my personal beliefs.

The very fact that the comfortable are so afflicted by the very existence of PD makes it worth the cost of my dues. The louder they make slumlords and wing-nuts wail, the more dues I'll send.

The whole "Common Sense Coalition" seems to have died on the vine. That wasn't news? :lol:

Jeez, I'm at work and two former SC members have waalked through on my shift. This is such a small town.
BobArctor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Nasty Gurl » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:59 pm

Brenda Konkel wrote:And I don't think Lisa Subeck resigning as co-chair is any different than any of the other co-chairs who have resigned in the last 8 or 9 years that I've been involved including (I hope I haven't forgotten anyone!): David Austin, Beth Harper, Tom Running, John MacNamara, Stephanie Rearick, Nick Berigan, Mary Anglim, Lisa Subeck and myself 2 to 4 times. These are 6 months terms and we rotate the position when we can convince someone else to do it.

The queen of PD has chased away at least 8 (Unless she's forgotten anyone!) cochairs in 8 years. She's doing her party proud.
Nasty Gurl

Postby bmasel » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:09 pm

Nasty Gurl wrote:The queen of PD has chased away at least 8 (Unless she's forgotten anyone!) cochairs in 8 years. She's doing her party proud.

I always admired how you managed to be both nasty and funny in the same post. What happened to funny?
bmasel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Daisy » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:58 am

Hey Lisa, quit jamming up my voicemail and bugging me about who forwarded me the damn email. Has that part of the whole thing turned into one of Madison's little mini-dramas or something?

You should know as well as anyone that, despite some of the good work they've done over the years, PD lacks anything resembling organizational discipline. That goes for running a meeting, whatever passes for their public message, or the containment of information.

FYI, if I were going to leak your email, which wasn't sent to me until after the thing ran in your local paper, it sure as hell wouldn't be to the WSJ. The only person I know there these days in Mel, with whom I haven't had any contact in a couple of years and she'd confirm that.
Daisy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby burstingsun » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:30 am

A simple return phone call or text message would have been sufficient, Daisy. And why do I think you might know a bit more than you are letting on?
burstingsun
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Daisy » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:55 am

burstingsun wrote:And why do I think you might know a bit more than you are letting on?
Because you've been hanging out with people who have paranoia embedded into their very DNA?

Look, I'm way less informed about/connected to the political machinations in your town these days than some want to give me credit for. As Brenda has pointed out here, my cognition of your scene is about 3 or 4 years behind the times. Even when I talk to Dave, it's social, how's-life, have-you-heard-from-Anna kinda stuff. The closest we come to anything political is him giving me shit about my mayor out here.

Sorry. I'm way too out of the loop to be moving chess pieces around in Madison's political dramas. It's just fun to make snarky, poorly informed comments on here occasionally. :D
Daisy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Nick Berigan » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:03 pm

Daisy wrote: Has that part of the whole thing turned into one of Madison's little mini-dramas or something? ...

That kinda like, funny, ya know? You've posted on this topic HOW many times? And all the "when I talk to Dave, heard from Anna?.." stuff. geez.

If this is a mini-drama, your place in the credits is near the opening violin strains.
Nick Berigan
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Daisy » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:50 pm

Nick Berigan wrote:That kinda like, funny, ya know? You've posted on this topic HOW many times?
Well it *is* entertaining, as public splits among PDers tend to be (Tom Powell). Doesn't mean I somehow engineered the thing or gave anything to the press, was all I'm sayin'.
Daisy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Floyd » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:57 pm

Daisy wrote: It's just fun to make snarky, poorly informed comments on here occasionally. :D
And the home team here is always appreciative and supportive of people who do that.
Floyd
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:29 pm

Post removed because Floyd just ain't worth the time.
Last edited by Marvell on Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Daisy » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:43 pm

Brenda: “I hate the WSJ. they don’t faithfully transcribe my latest rants, and that’s not good reporting.â€Â
Daisy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Andy Olsen » Tue May 01, 2007 11:15 am

Good luck to Lisa in her future efforts! Thanks for all your work!
Andy Olsen
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Local Politics & Government