MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Wednesday, November 26, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 18.0° F  Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

Today in voter suppression

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Re: Today in voter suppression

Postby Bludgeon » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:26 pm

Bland wrote:
Bludgeon wrote:
Yeah... Like Democrats are really counting on rural Wisconsin precincts in the next coming election.

Unlike you, those of us arguing against the ID law beleive that EVERYONE should be able to vote.

Even the Comatose? Even the people who don't know the difference between an absentee ballot and their great grandkids' birthday cards? Even people who remember more about why they voted for Eisenhower than they know about this election, sixty years later, because they have Alzheimer's?

No more vote-mining of nursing homes by community organizers. People should be voting of their own volition, of sound mind and body, the spectacle of some tween from Organizing for America trading a little attention for votes has got to end. This will help.

Bland wrote:
Bludgeon wrote: anybody who isn't above dumping beer on an elected official's head isn't above voting "early and often". On what basis we're supposed to suppose otherwise, I cannot imagine.

Still waiting for you to provide some proof -ANY proof- that people voting multiple times is a problem. WHY CAN'T YOU SHOW US PROOF IF IT'S SO OBVIOUS?

A sample of the Headlines: "Ohio Secretary of State Wants Voter Fraud Investigation" "Dem official pleads guilty in NY election fraud investigation" "Daytona Beach commissioner, aide arrested in election-fraud" "Absentee Voter Fraud Allegations, Arrests" "Dems Gone Wild: Party Official Pleads Guilty in NY Election Fraud" "Ten arrested after voter fraud investigation" "Dead Voters in NY-9? Turner Obtains Order Sealing Paper Ballots" "But Dead People NEED Absentee Ballots..." http://www.google.com/search?num=30&hl= ... 2.9.3l14l0

Anyway - fret not. The voter ID law seems not to affect absentee voting anyway. So let the fraud-fest continue in the absentee ballot racket. So the only seniors affected are the mobile individuals capable of visiting the polls freely, as well as the DOT at their discretion.

I don't think the law does nearly enough. One thing they could do is increase the registration dates for seniors ID's from four years to six years, which would also decrease the workload (and staff needs) at the DOT, and they should do more to protect seniors in nursing homes from manipulation/exploitation. Especially in Madison and Milwaukee.
Bludgeon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:38 pm

After an extensive study, it was found that voting fraud from double voting, felon voting, non resident voting is virtually non existent.

However, proven electronic fraud has remained under the radar with corporate media, even though Bush's top IT guy, Mike Connell, admitted he helped Bush steal elections electronically since 2000. Even though his cohort, Stephen Spoonamore admitted that Connell said he was involved in electronic theft. Even though Spoonamore found electronic theft in Georgia when the President of Diebold installed a patch that had nothing to do with the reported problem, but somehow Saxy Chamblis, down by 11% the week before the election, won by 5% over Max Cleland. Even after the massive voter fraud in Ohio in 2004 as reported by Richard Hayes Phillips in his book "Witness to a Crime" that includes a DVD with over 12,000 photos of forensic evidence...

And now we have Mike Huebcsh in charge of tabulation programming in Wisconsin, including Kathy Nickolaus' PC.

You're obviously very concerned with voter fraud, Bludgeon. That's GREAT! I know you won't rest until these specific cases of massive voter fraud are exposed as soon as possible. Or are you just yanking our links?
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:00 pm

Many living in assisted facilities are weak of body but sound of mind. A certain someone would lump them in with the comatose and deny them the basic right of voting. How anti-democratic of him.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:21 pm

Bludgeon wrote:
Bland wrote:
Bludgeon wrote:
Yeah... Like Democrats are really counting on rural Wisconsin precincts in the next coming election.

Unlike you, those of us arguing against the ID law beleive that EVERYONE should be able to vote.

Even the Comatose?

You got a point. We shouldn't let people vote if they can't think rationally. Like you.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bludgeon » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:24 pm

DCB wrote:
Bland wrote:Unlike you, those of us arguing against the ID law beleive that EVERYONE should be able to vote.

Bludge wrote:Even the Comatose?

You got a point. We shouldn't let people vote if they can't think rationally (+ some dickhead comment).

When skanky organizer types are raiding nursing homes and manipulating people on their deathbeds, even "helping" them sign absentee ballots, that is not 'helping people vote'. Much worse than simply 'not helping', it's egregious - an attrocity - especially since most of these seniors of their own volition have refused to vote for any Democrat after Carter.

You can just picture some little braggart cornering an old lady and saying, "Now listen Nancy - you like staying here don't you? 'Cuz if you do, this is how you better vote or they are going to take it all away." Sound like an exaggeration? It's exactly identical to the way I've heard 'community organizers' talking to the elderly in person. Honestly its' exactly identical to Democratic talking points in the field. "Mediscare" is too kind a word. I don't think there is a harsh enough word for manipulating people who are about to die.
Bludgeon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:30 pm

Bludgeon wrote:You can just picture some little braggart cornering an old lady and saying, "Now listen Nancy - you like staying here don't you? 'Cuz if you do, this is how you better vote or they are going to take it all away." Sound like an exaggeration?

Yes.

It's exactly identical to the way I've heard 'community organizers' talking to the elderly in person.

"exactly identical," you say?

Honestly its' exactly identical to Democratic talking points in the field.

"Honestly exactly identical," huh? You crappin' me? You're crappin' me!

"Mediscare" is too kind a word.

You got that right. Wait, what are we talking about?
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:30 pm

Bludgeon wrote:You can just picture some little braggart cornering an old lady and saying, "Now listen Nancy - you like staying here don't you? 'Cuz if you do, this is how you better vote or they are going to take it all away." Sound like an exaggeration? It's exactly identical to the way I've heard 'community organizers' talking to the elderly in person. Honestly its' exactly identical to Democratic talking points in the field. "Mediscare" is too kind a word. I don't think there is a harsh enough word for manipulating people who are about to die.

Bullshit.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:30 pm

Bludge as usual your comments are right wing fantasy drivel, and completely false but.... Ryan's plan, passed by nearly every Republican congressmen would throw a lot of seniors out of the homes. I think if I were a senior, or close to it that would probably factor into my decision.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:44 pm

Bludgeon wrote:When skanky organizer types are raiding nursing homes and manipulating people on their deathbeds, even "helping" them sign absentee ballots, that is not 'helping people vote'. Much worse than simply 'not helping', it's egregious - an attrocity - especially since most of these seniors of their own volition have refused to vote for any Democrat after Carter.

You can just picture some little braggart cornering an old lady and saying, "Now listen Nancy - you like staying here don't you? 'Cuz if you do, this is how you better vote or they are going to take it all away." Sound like an exaggeration? It's exactly identical to the way I've heard 'community organizers' talking to the elderly in person. Honestly its' exactly identical to Democratic talking points in the field. "Mediscare" is too kind a word. I don't think there is a harsh enough word for manipulating people who are about to die.

Flat out: it does not happen. You're making shit up, and you're completely wrong about the support for Democrats by the elderly, once again proving that you are the ultimate embodiment of ignorance.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bludgeon » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:44 pm

Me wrote:"Now listen Nancy - you like staying here don't you? 'Cuz if you do, this is how you better vote or they are going to take it all away."

This is the very definition of the word Mediscare. Vilas cries bullshit - two seconds later Fisticuffs' hashes out the exact same argument as the above hypothetical, a perfect example of 'Mediscare' in action. Its right there:

Fisty wrote:Bludge as usual your comments are right wing fantasy drivel, and completely false but.... Ryan's plan, passed by nearly every Republican congressmen would throw a lot of seniors out of the homes. I think if I were a senior, or close to it that would probably factor into my decision.

There it is right there lol. So no, its not an exaggeration.

Edit: And that is exactly what he would be telling senior voters, if any of them could stand the sound of it long enough to let him finish a sentence. Let's see, where would he find those kind of seniors? Nursing homes come to mind... And there are a lot of absentee ballots coming out of those... hm...
Last edited by Bludgeon on Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bludgeon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:58 pm

There it is right there lol. So no, its not an exaggeration.

Well it's true and relevant. if poll workers were telling this to seniors (which they aren't doing) why would that be so bad? Fox news doesn't say it but that doesn't mean it's not relevant to the conversation. It's not a scare tactic it's stating a fact.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bludgeon » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:10 pm

Scoreboard:
Bludgeon: 1
Vilas/Fisty: 0
Bludgeon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:13 pm

I guess if the game is keeping seniors ignorant you win a point.

Paul Ryan's plan, passed by the Republican House, makes an enormous negative impact on seniors ability to pay for medical care. That's 100% factual. You seem to be fine with that.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:18 pm

Bludgeon, you do realize Paul Ryan is a republican, right?
minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby SimonBonadventure » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:30 pm

Bludgeon is a moron.
SimonBonadventure

PreviousNext

Return to Local Politics & Government