MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Tuesday, September 2, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 67.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

This Solomon situation

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Re: This Solomon situation

Postby mrak » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:14 pm

jjoyce wrote:David ... this is another case of you not answering a legit question and then demanding answer for yours.

The truly awesome thing about this, of course, is that you and your colleagues at Isthmus are actually pathetic enough to PAY for such "content".
mrak
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:15 pm

Just so I'm clear, and avoid a scolding from Blaska, we're supposed to publicly get on record as either approving of or objecting to everything these days? Because I'm still not sure what I think about the two-game suspension of Ndomukong Suh. Does remaining silent mean I think it was too much, too little or right on?

It's confusing!

Calling out hypocrites is a satisfying pastime for a lot of people on these boards. And apparently, there are always a number of people interested in arguing the point.

Example: PROGS are hypocrites because they rallied for Prosser to resign before the facts were in OR because they didn't publicly object to the rally AND THEN they didn't rally to oust Solomon even after most of the facts were in. But those who went after Prosser AND are going after Solomon are still worthy of opprobrium. Next: Radboy logs in to parse that statement and that's Forum gold!

Hey, maybe that's what Forum is, having arguments like that which convince nobody and annoy everybody. I think it's boring. And pointless. And a waste of a thread that could be addressing what's in bounds and out of bounds for city alders (How many Hurricanes in one sitting are too many? How accountable are those who didn't step in on the night in question?), what issues there might be with publicly censuring someone over an incident for which no charges were filed, etc.

Or you could talk about whether Lisa Subeck is ideologically consistent. The possibilities are endless on that one.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby David Blaska » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:32 pm

jjoyce wrote:Just so I'm clear, and avoid a scolding from Blaska, we're supposed to publicly get on record as either approving of or objecting to everything these days? ...

Or you could talk about whether Lisa Subeck is ideologically consistent. The possibilities are endless on that one.

Which is what some of us have been talking about, Jason, forthrightly and factually. I understand that this conversation makes you uncomfortable, Jason. Lisa Subeck (you brought up the name) among so many others (Cnare, Bidar-Sielaff, The (Former) Kathleen, Hesselbein, Sargent, Vedder et al), were ringleaders of the well publicized anti-Prosser demonstration. Yet, the accusations against Solomon were contemporaneous with the anti-woman accusations against Prosser and they had nothing to say against Solomon.

Endless possibilities, Jason, despite your attempts to derail this thread. But I understand why.

Just for the record: I condemn trashing legitimate public documents, such as recall petitions. Just as I condemn efforts to get duplicate signatures, which even Fighting Ed reports. Not to hijack the thread, Jason, but (since you started it) do you?
David Blaska
Forum God/Goddess

Postby David Blaska » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:45 pm

Jason Joyce wrote:This is another case of you not answering a legit question and then demanding [an] answer for yours.

And WHAT legitimate question am I not answering?
David Blaska
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:59 pm

David Blaska wrote:
Jason Joyce wrote:This is another case of you not answering a legit question and then demanding [an] answer for yours.

And WHAT legitimate question am I not answering?

Do your homework.
fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:04 pm

David Blaska wrote:Then do you mind if I ask people who DO care?

Who's stopping you? Go do some "reporting" for your blog. Ask the alders in question. Why keep harping on people here when you can ask Subeck and Cnare directly?
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby David Blaska » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:10 pm

I didn't ask Subeck and Cnare to hold a rally against Prosser, did I? That they haven't spoken out against Solomon speaks volumes, as Ald. Bruer has stated.
David Blaska
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:11 pm

snoqueen wrote:And we were discussing the drinking and sexual behavior among city alders. What in the world Prosser has to do with this is beyond me.

Jason linked an article with a quote by Tim Bruer that referred to a "state official".. Newsflash - the "state official" is Prosser.

WHAAAATTTT ????????

Did you even read the article?
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby David Blaska » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:17 pm

David Blaska wrote:And WHAT legitimate question am I not answering?

fennel wrote:Do your homework.

O.K., so fennel doesn't know, either. Anyone else?
David Blaska
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:24 pm

jjoyce wrote:Or you could talk about whether Lisa Subeck is ideologically consistent. The possibilities are endless on that one.

Lisa Subeck et al.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby indycoyote » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:31 pm

Hey, let's get down to the serious questions contained within this report: Can a woman who is clearly drunk beyond all compare' achieve not one but two orgasms via manual stimulation? I have an idea: Perhaps Blaska can experiment on the Mistress of the Manor and get back to us.
indycoyote
Forum Addict

Postby lukpac » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:34 pm

David Blaska wrote:I didn't ask Subeck and Cnare to hold a rally against Prosser, did I?

Thanks for the non sequitur.
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby radboy » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:50 pm

Man Blaska you are a dunderhead. Big fucking deal a bunch of local political hacks engaged in some hackery against Prosser. Duh! That is what political hacks do on both sides. You do it, Republicans do it, Democrats do it, Progressive Danes do it. You are all a bunch of Creeps! Does it really make you feel better Blaska to pretend that you do not do it while pointing fingers at others? What are you? A fucking six year old?

Lets just stipulate that Kathleen Falk is a conniving political bitch who would trade her husband's left nut to get elected to state wide office. Does anyone disagree with that? Scott Walker would trade both of his wife's nuts to get picked as a Vice-President candidate. They are all craven whores. Duh!

Blaska, I am probably politically more closer to you than numb-nuts Joyce (though in the end I am an arsonist who gets his rocks off burning down all of the houses) but you are a fucking moron. Do you not have anything better to do than write reams of paragraphs stating the obvious that politicians are whores? You are a whore. You are just not a very successful or well paid one. Get over it.

Now lets get back to the heart of this story.

What does everyone think about "digital workmanship as producing not one, but two, orgasms"?

Wow, pretty cool, eh?
radboy
Forum Addict

Postby radboy » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:56 pm

indycoyote wrote:Hey, let's get down to the serious questions contained within this report: Can a woman who is clearly drunk beyond all compare' achieve not one but two orgasms via manual stimulation?

See? I am not the only sane one here who can read an article in the local paper and pull out the OBVIOUS important issue being discussed.

Thank you Indy.
radboy
Forum Addict

Postby lukpac » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:00 am

David Blaska wrote:But standing by Ald. Solomon case after the facts are in and the prosecutor says he is a victimizer is also justified?

Eh?

http://www.thedailypage.com/isthmus/art ... icle=35215

Your Nov. 4 "Tell All" column included a letter from a man who claims he's outraged by a recent headline regarding the sexual assault of a city of Madison employee by Ald. Brian Solomon. I'm outraged by Isthmus' decision to print a letter that so clearly blames the victim and perpetuates the many myths around sexual assault.

The letter asks, "Who on earth could have interpreted the messages this woman was sending?" and implies Ms. Berg was asking for it when she:

Went out drinking with Solomon — Yet nearly 90% of sexual assaults are perpetrated by an individual known to the victim, and state law clearly defines sexual assault to include instances when an individual is too intoxicated to consent.
Allowed Solomon to spend the night — Yet nearly two-thirds of sexual assaults occur in the home of the victim or perpetrator.
Engaged in consensual kissing — Yet no amount of kissing can substitute for consent for further sexual activity.

Finally, the letter concludes that in spite of the assistant district attorney's statement, "There is no doubt in my mind that Ms. Berg did not consent," the decision not to prosecute indicates there was no sexual assault. Never mind that only 37% of reported rapes result in prosecution, and only 46% of those end in conviction.

Sexual violence is among the most underreported and underprosecuted crimes. Instead of revictimizing a survivor courageous enough to speak up, we should hold the perpetrator accountable for his actions.

Ald.Lisa Subeck, City of Madison District 1

No, that isn't calling for Solomon to resign, but it is hardly "standing by Ald. Solomon" either.
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Local Politics & Government