MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Thursday, August 21, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 72.0° F  Thunderstorm Light Rain
Collapse Photo Bar

Hebl v Miller

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Replacing Chuckie boy?

Hebl
29%
Miller
71%

Total votes : 14

Hebl v Miller

Postby Dulouz » Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:16 pm

I've received a mailing for Miller that promotes his support from Falk and Cheese Whiz. I think Miller is a good guy, but is he the guy to replace Chuckie boy?

My choice is Hebl. Why? Because he has been the only real voice from this area to challenge the republicans over the last few years. Miller has been incredibley quiet. Hebl has actually taken on Gard and the a-holes that are running the show. It seems to me that he would be a much better Senator that the Risser wannnabe Miller.

What do the forons think?

For those of you in Dave's pocket, we already know his position. . . . .
Dulouz
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Hebl v Miller

Postby Aubrey McFate » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:04 pm

Dulouz wrote:My choice is Hebl. Why? Because he has been the only real voice from this area to challenge the republicans over the last few years.

And what a soothing voice it is, too. It was always a pleasure to hear him on the squawk box. It's a good thing he and Spencer Black are usually on the same side, because I just realized that my idea of hell would be listening to those two argue about some meaningless issue forever.

Granted, Mark Miller ain't exactly Perry Como, either, but he's a little easier on the ears nonetheless.

(But what's this? No Peterson option? Give the guy a break, people!)
Aubrey McFate
Forum Addict

Postby keelio » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:53 am

Although I personally like Tom Hebl and appreciate his service as my assembly representative, I think Mark Miller's pedigree and leadership on environmental issues sways my opinion. I'll miss Chvala, though. While he maintained his integrity he provided principled leadership...but then he succumbed to the dark side of politics, money and power brokerage and that was that.
keelio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby True Blue » Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:57 am

It's Miller for me, but it's a close one. Tom Hebl has his own positive points. He has been an excellent back bencher, which is the primary duty for a Democrat in the minority. Especially in this Legislature, where the GOPs run things with an iron fist to push through their divisive "God, gays and guns" issues.

Miller is very good on the issues and will author good legislation. He has raised his voice in opposition to GOP hijinks many times, as well.
True Blue
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Local Politics & Government