MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, December 18, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 26.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Updated: Stu Levitan responds RE: robocall confirmation

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Re: Updated: Stu Levitan responds RE: robocall confirmation

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:42 pm

Dangerousman wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:Beyond multiple complaints to the Government Accountability Board, what proof that these deceptive robocalls went out is possible at this time? Even if they did not dissuade one person from voting, the important matter is whether they violated state election laws and if so, will those violations be prosecuted.

Always wanting to jump the gun Henry? The important matter would be first to establish whether the allegations are true.

I underlined part of my post for those with reading comprehension problems.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:01 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:
Dangerousman wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:Beyond multiple complaints to the Government Accountability Board, what proof that these deceptive robocalls went out is possible at this time? Even if they did not dissuade one person from voting, the important matter is whether they violated state election laws and if so, will those violations be prosecuted.

Always wanting to jump the gun Henry? The important matter would be first to establish whether the allegations are true.

I underlined part of my post for those with reading comprehension problems.

Good, I'll try to remember to underline everything I write for you, Henry. I'm not sure you comprehend what you wrote yourself, considering your response.
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:02 pm

peripat wrote:So you believe the media should not report on crimes until someone is convicted?

That's an off the wall question. Who are you asking?
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:29 pm

Isn't this entire conversation simply a false equivalency argument? If the robocalls went out then they would probably be in violation of election laws. If it was all just a hoax to get people off their duffs then it wouldn't be all that different than claiming that Tom Barrett is coming for your gun. Dishonest, yeah, but not criminal.

If Republicans feel the need to refute the story because they feel it reflects poorly on them, I can understand that. But the insinuation that Stu Levitan is guilty of something is absurd. If it was a hoax, and I see no reason to believe that it was, Stu was simply repeating accusations reported by numerous news organizations.

And what "confirmation" are our resident circle jerks looking for? A tape recording of the message? Chances are good that an illegal robocall wouldn't be programmed to leave messages, right? I guess that just leaves us with personal reports as evidence. You're welcome to believe them or deny them, probably according to your political bend.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Paging Stu Levitan, RE: robocall confirmation

Postby Cornbread » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:32 pm

Meade wrote:Tom Barrett's career is over.

:shock: You mean there's something more dysfunctional that running third world milwaukee? Detroit gets massive government money, chicago has the mob and new orleans gets tourism. Apparently milwaukee just get's a procession of dysfunctional, absentee white overlords.

Stu Levitan served as Tom Barrett's errand boy by forwarding those rumors here on TDPF: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=54930

Like I have noted and the normal world has also noted--the days of leftists running their lies and conjobs are getting less and less.
The freeing up of the flow of information has cut the agenda driven leftists out of the loop, relegating them to little more than old, out of date burnouts desperately seeking relevance in a world long gone away, progressed........
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:08 pm

Meade, I didn't want to thread jack so I am responding here. At what point in her report did she name Stu? A quote will be fine.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:39 pm

Email her, Stebben. http://www.lwv.org/content/guide-contacting-lwvus-staff
Ask her where she heard the disturbing reports that were "confirmed" by Stu Levitan.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:38 pm

Rich Schultz wrote:I thought the robocall story had to be fake because it seemed obvious nobody would be stupid enough to be influenced by it. Clearly I was wrong.

LOL. I missed seeing this until now. Best comment of the thread.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:44 pm

Meade wrote:Ask her where she heard the disturbing reports that were "confirmed" by Stu Levitan.

Point to where she said that.
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Local Politics & Government