MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, October 31, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 33.0° F  Partly Cloudy and Breezy
Collapse Photo Bar

Citizen Dave Doubles Down

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Re: Citizen Dave Doubles Down

Postby Stebben84 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:09 pm

Earthling wrote: Solid vague generality on top of it btw.

Coming from you is about as classic as it gets.

Earthling wrote:So have you always had this physic ability, or is kind of a newly evolving thing?

Wow, I guess you never read the news or keep up on current events. Funny, the redistricting was done in secret. Funny, no Democrats were brought to the table when drafting act 10 or 23. Funny, you have your head so far up your ass, that you fail to see anything beyond what you WANT to believe.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Earthling » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:09 pm

fisticuffs wrote:
The problem with you democrats is that you don't understand the meaning of the word compromise. For you a compromise means you have list of 10 things you want, and you get 9 of them. Sorry that isn't compromise. And unfortunately for you at the moment in order to get any of what you want you are going to have give up more than you get. You see that's sort of this bi-partisan system we have works. And then, in a few years when you re-take control, it becomes the job of the republicans to start kissing a little ass.

This is so funny. I can't figure out how a human being could be so completely backwards on something like this. Is the brand loyalty that strong that Earthling hasn't heard anything about what's gone on in this country for the past 3 years? Is this some sort of "I know you are what am I" strategy? Hats off to Right-wing propaganda. It works!

Thank you for that generalization that means absolutely nothing. It was.....enlightening.
Earthling
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:13 pm

Earthling wrote:Thank you for that generalization that means absolutely nothing.

You do realize that nearly every one of your posts is a generalization. I don't think you have once linked to a fact, statistic, or proof of ANYTHING you have said.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:15 pm

Earthling wrote:You got me on this one. Government doesn't create jobs.

Isn't Scott Walker a Governor? Didn't you claim that his corporate tax breaks will create jobs? How would those jobs have been created without his help?

Also, why do you hate the military?
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Earthling » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:40 pm

O.J. wrote:

Isn't Scott Walker a Governor? Didn't you claim that his corporate tax breaks will create jobs? How would those jobs have been created without his help?

Elected officials craft legisition that may or may not be favorable to our economic climate, but don't actually create jobs no.

I don't hate the military, but I'm sure you're about to explain to me why I do.
Earthling
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:50 pm

pjbogart wrote:Maybe the reason Republicans walk all over us is because our politicians are milquetoasts.

Keep sniffing out those heretics, peej.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:53 pm

Such as the Tea Party purge of RINOs? Oh I forgot, you are a moderate.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:57 pm

Earthling wrote:
O.J. wrote:

Elected officials craft legisition that may or may not be favorable to our economic climate, but don't actually create jobs no.

I don't hate the military, but I'm sure you're about to explain to me why I do.

Who creates military jobs?
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:00 pm

O.J. wrote:Who creates military jobs?

Our enemies.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Earthling » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:01 pm

Public sector position. Paid for by you and me. I'm talking about the kind of jobs that actually stimulate the economy on both sides of the equation, not just the disposable income of the employee.
Earthling
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:02 pm

Earthling wrote:Public sector position. Paid for by you and me. I'm talking about the kind of jobs that actually stimulate the economy on both sides of the equation, not just the disposable income of the employee.

Now you're trying to suggest that public sector jobs don't stimulate the economy?
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Earthling » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:08 pm

lukpac wrote:
Earthling wrote:Public sector position. Paid for by you and me. I'm talking about the kind of jobs that actually stimulate the economy on both sides of the equation, not just the disposable income of the employee.

Now you're trying to suggest that public sector jobs don't stimulate the economy?

Not to the same extent that private sector jobs do. Public sector jobs are paid for with tax dollars. Private sector jobs not only generate income tax revenue, but are funded by real money in the real corporate world.
Earthling
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:10 pm

So public sector employees are paid in fake money? Good to know.
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:11 pm

Earthling wrote:

Public sector position. Paid for by you and me. I'm talking about the kind of jobs that actually stimulate the economy on both sides of the equation, not just the disposable income of the employee.

Have you ever heard of Lockheed Martin? Raytheon? Northrop Grumman?
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:11 pm

Earthling wrote:
lukpac wrote:

Not to the same extent that private sector jobs do. Public sector jobs are paid for with tax dollars. Private sector jobs not only generate income tax revenue, but are funded by real money in the real corporate world.

What about public sector workers who spend their salary on private sector purchases? Where does that money come from (this should be interesting)?
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Local Politics & Government