MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Sunday, September 21, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 56.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

U.S. Senate - next big local election

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

U.S. Senate - next big local election

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:59 pm

Now that the recall is over, the focus should be on who replaces Kohl. So far it looks like Tammy v Tommy.

Conservatives eye Wisconsin's U.S. Senate race
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Re: U.S. Senate - next big local election

Postby doppel » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:27 pm

Gonna look like it's Kathleen vs. Scotty. I'm guessing Wisconsin is going to get another R in the Senate. Tammy will not play well in the hinterlands. Outstate hates itself some counterculture\Madison\liberal candidates real good. Tommy with skis on, 58%+ to 42% or so.
doppel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:31 pm

I think Tammy Baldwin makes a great representative for Madison, but I also think she's going to get her clock cleaned in this race. She represents the three L's that conservatives love to hate. She's a liberal lesbian lawyer.

Republicans don't even have to put any effort into their messaging. This shit writes itself. She's a Madison tax-and-spend liberal Fema-Nazi.

Cha-ching!
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:44 pm

I'm sure Meade knows the odds on whether or not Terrible Two-Timing Tommy will croak before the first Tuesday in November;)
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:03 pm

Back in the 80's when Ford's Gym was Muscles & Fitness and was located in the then-closed Sherman school building, Eric Hovde was a fellow member. He was a few years older than me and I never talked to him but he always struck me as a little off. He talked about martial arts a lot and one day when the owner was getting ready to cut a doorway into a wall for an expansion, Eric asked if he could try punching through the wall. He proceeded to throw random punches through the drywall in the outlined area, getting very worked up. I just sat there waiting for him to find a stud. I don't think he did.

What was this thread about again?
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:05 pm

narcoleptish wrote:Back in the 80's when Ford's Gym was Muscles & Fitness and was located in the then-closed Sherman school building, Eric Hovde was a fellow member. He was a few years older than me and I never talked to him but he always struck me as a little off. He talked about martial arts a lot and one day when the owner was getting ready to cut a doorway into a wall for an expansion, Eric asked if he could try punching through the wall. He proceeded to throw random punches through the drywall in the outlined area, getting very worked up. I just sat there waiting for him to find a stud. I don't think he did.

How Tommy will be our next Senator. I think your contribution was quite on topic.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:08 pm

It's about is Eric Hovde a jerk or what.

No, wait. That's over here:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=55054
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:37 pm

Damn Narcoleptish, now every time I see Hovde's face on TV, I'll imagine what it might look like if he "found a stud".
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:50 pm

david cohen wrote:Damn Narcoleptish, now every time I see Hovde's face on TV, I'll imagine what it might look like if he "found a stud".

Given the Republican politicians we've seen in the past, it's just a matter of time.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby green union terrace chair » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:30 am

narcoleptish wrote:Back in the 80's when Ford's Gym was Muscles & Fitness and was located in the then-closed Sherman school building, Eric Hovde was a fellow member. He was a few years older than me and I never talked to him but he always struck me as a little off. He talked about martial arts a lot and one day when the owner was getting ready to cut a doorway into a wall for an expansion, Eric asked if he could try punching through the wall. He proceeded to throw random punches through the drywall in the outlined area, getting very worked up. I just sat there waiting for him to find a stud. I don't think he did.

How can I not vote for him now?
green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:41 am

Hovde, born a millionaire, says he is now sorry what what he said about the poor.

Republican U.S. Senate candidate Eric Hovde says he regrets comments he made last week in which he said the media should stop writing "sob stories" about food stamp recipients.

Hovde last week said that the media should stop covering sad stories about low-income people who can't get benefits and instead focus on broader issues like the national debt.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:51 am

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bludgeon » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:07 am

I was going to add a non sequitur comment about how much I like her trade mark logo...

But she seems to have finally changed it :(

My vote: change it back! 80's Lady all the way.

If it isn't close in the polls on the election day, I'd probly vote for her just because all Clinton voters owe her one for being the only major Wisconsin figure to stick by her girl in 2008.
Bludgeon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:17 am

Hovde may be "sorry," but he also won't back down:

http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/noquar ... 47115.html
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:49 am

I can't believe how ignorant I am about the Senate race. I have this vague notion that Tammy Baldwin will be facing Tommy Thompson, except I don't remember any primary having taken place.

Where am I? How did I get here? This is not my beautiful house! This is not my beautiful wife!
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to Local Politics & Government