MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, November 21, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 22.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

U.S. Senate - next big local election

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Re: U.S. Senate - next big local election

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:02 pm

Meade wrote: I already feel sorry for Tammy when I think of the Thompson/Baldwin debates.

Will Tommy explain how he used to be for health care reform before he came out against it? Will he also explain how he used to be for high speed passenger rail for Wisconsin before he came out against that?
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Igor » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:37 pm

If Tommy makes it through the primary, he just needs to remain upright in the general election. I suspect that he is happy that there are three conservatives running in the primary and not one.

Neumann or Fitzgerald v. Baldwin would be a toss-up. I suspect there would be plenty of people that would stay home from that one. The politics would be on the fringes in both cases, and it's not like anyone would tune in for the debate oratory either.
Igor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:55 pm

A friend of mine is "working" for Tommy and he said Tommy is pissed that he has to say all of this right-wing looney stuff to win the primary. You should have heard him bitching about what Neumann says.
HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:49 pm

I don't believe Tammy Baldwin has any chance to win a Senate seat.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Earthling » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:26 am

This is a typical statement from somebody who realizes the truth is wholly inconvenient to their beliefs. Can't call the original statement false, so you criticize the responder's motive.

Or not

The point is that he is basing his opinion of the two solely on the size of their bank accounts, assuming they are selfish and greedy without ever so much as having a conversation with them. BTW if you look at many democrats in office you'll find they have pretty nice portfolios as well.
Earthling
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:33 am

It's very hypocritical of Henry since he is a white male and therefore has never had to work for anything in his life.

Henry Vilas, born on 3rd base and thinks he hit a triple.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:39 am

HawkHead wrote:...Tommy is pissed that he has to say all of this right-wing looney stuff to win the primary.

So he has to lie to win the primary. Sounds like he has the ethics of a Walker.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:15 am

Henry Vilas wrote: Sounds like he has the ethics of a Walker.

It only sounds that way to those who were born on third base and believe they've hit a triple.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:23 am

Notice I never made that claim about Tommy or Scotty.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:27 am

Earthling wrote:
This is a typical statement from somebody who realizes the truth is wholly inconvenient to their beliefs. Can't call the original statement false, so you criticize the responder's motive.

Or not

The point is that he is basing his opinion of the two solely on the size of their bank accounts, assuming they are selfish and greedy without ever so much as having a conversation with them. BTW if you look at many democrats in office you'll find they have pretty nice portfolios as well.

I'm pretty sure his statement was not about their wealth, but about their attitudes regarding their wealth. Your "you don't know anything about them" whine is bogus, there is plenty of information publicly available (include their own foot-in-mouth comments) to accurately determine their attitudes. Hovde has made his ass-iness painfully public over the last few weeks.

I don't see or hear millionaire Democrats constantly crowing about how hard they worked to get there.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:30 am

Yeah. A retired teacher. Born on third base. Thinks he hit a triple. Had the same privileges as a kid born to millionaires.

You idiots don't realize how stupid you look when you do that. Your pettiness really shows. Especially when it comes from somebody living off his wife.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:56 am

rabble wrote:Yeah. A retired teacher. Born on third base. Thinks he hit a triple. Had the same privileges as a kid born to millionaires.

It really is a great country, isn't it.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:07 am

Meade wrote:
rabble wrote:Yeah. A retired teacher. Born on third base. Thinks he hit a triple. Had the same privileges as a kid born to millionaires.

It really is a great country, isn't it.

If your wife is paying the bills I bet it's an even greater country.

But I wouldn't know.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:38 am

You idiots don't realize how stupid you look when you do that. Your pettiness really shows. Especially when it comes from somebody living off his wife.

You don't think a white male like Henry Vilas, or you, or me, had advantages soley due to our race and gender?????

Noted for posterity.

Vilas, rabble, me: we've all had it handed to us on a silver platter.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:47 am

bdog wrote:

You don't think a white male like Henry Vilas, or you, or me, had advantages soley due to our race and gender?????

Noted for posterity.

Vilas, rabble, me: we've all had it handed to us on a silver platter.

I think you missed the most important part:
rabble wrote: Had the same privileges as a kid born to millionaires.

Don't you think that there are degrees of advantage or privilege? Is being born with "advantage" an all-or-nothing proposition?
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Local Politics & Government