MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Tuesday, September 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 71.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

U.S. Senate - next big local election

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Re: U.S. Senate - next big local election

Postby lukpac » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:56 pm

Earthling wrote:If you get enough video on anyone you can make them look like an ass. Romney is certainly very in-touch where it counts: Our economy

How so?
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Earthling » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:03 pm

lukpac wrote:
Earthling wrote:If you get enough video on anyone you can make them look like an ass. Romney is certainly very in-touch where it counts: Our economy

How so?

http://www.mittromney.com/jobs
Earthling
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:04 pm

rabble wrote:
bdog wrote:Run away from it Rabs.

Nope. Explain exactly why that was sexist or take it back.

Or I'll bring it up every time you and I tangle.

Of that I have no doubt as you've been a real cunt over this sort of thing before.

Ok shitfuck, here's your original post again:

rabble wrote:
Meade wrote:
rabble wrote:Yeah. A retired teacher. Born on third base. Thinks he hit a triple. Had the same privileges as a kid born to millionaires.

It really is a great country, isn't it.

If your wife is paying the bills I bet it's an even greater country.

But I wouldn't know.

Now you're honestly telling me you were not trying to emasculate Meade with that comment? Whatever.

I'm with Sno, see ya cunt.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:04 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:I know I started this tangent when I compared Hovde to Romney, but if all we are going is discussing is Willard, let's move it to the National Politics and Government area. Maybe just add to this thread.

Bump
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:12 pm

lukpac wrote:

How so?

Well, Romney knows that our economic woes are all Obama's fault...so there's that.
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:42 pm

bdog wrote:Now you're honestly telling me you were not trying to emasculate Meade with that comment?

No, not at all.

Meade and Anne have already did that all by theirselfs. They didn't try to emasculate anybody, they succeeded.

I just pointed it out. You're using a really weird definition of the words "emasculate" and "sexist."

bdog wrote:Whatever.

I'm with Sno, see ya cunt.

So long, douche. Stay gone.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:04 pm

Marquette Poll released. It shows Hovde gaining on Thompson in the primary and Baldwin close to a tie in the general.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:11 pm

Internecine warfare
The conservative Club for Growth is going after both former Gov. Tommy Thompson and hedge fund manager Eric Hovde in its latest attack ad.

Polls show Thompson and Hovde are leading the four-person field in the Republican race for the U.S. Senate. The anti-tax Club for Growth has endorsed former U.S. Rep. Mark Neumann in the race. State Assembly Speaker Jeff Fitzgerald is also running.

The latest ad running statewide starting Friday attacks Thompson's record as governor, saying he pushed for nine different tax hikes as governor. It then goes after Hovde, calling him "like Thompson, only worse."

It cites Hovde's $500 donation to former Democratic Gov. Jim Doyle, who raised taxes during his eight years in office.

Does this mean that the Club for Growth will add Thompson and Hovde to their RINO watchlist?
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Slick Willy » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:59 pm

This is Thompson's race to lose. Hovde is spending the most money and getting the most attention from the news by far. Insurgent conservative Republicans have their eye on taking out Thompson in the GOP primary. Ultimately, I want Baldwin, but I'll be voting for Thompson in the primary -- damage control.
Slick Willy
Forum Addict

Postby pjbogart » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:29 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Internecine warfare
The conservative Club for Growth is going after both former Gov. Tommy Thompson and hedge fund manager Eric Hovde in its latest attack ad.

Polls show Thompson and Hovde are leading the four-person field in the Republican race for the U.S. Senate. The anti-tax Club for Growth has endorsed former U.S. Rep. Mark Neumann in the race. State Assembly Speaker Jeff Fitzgerald is also running.

The latest ad running statewide starting Friday attacks Thompson's record as governor, saying he pushed for nine different tax hikes as governor. It then goes after Hovde, calling him "like Thompson, only worse."

It cites Hovde's $500 donation to former Democratic Gov. Jim Doyle, who raised taxes during his eight years in office.

Does this mean that the Club for Growth will add Thompson and Hovde to their RINO watchlist?

I guess this kind of goes back to Grover Norquist proclaiming that he's not really interested in politicians so much as people who have enough working digits to sign whatever legislation is put before them. Thompson is a relatively moderate politician and Hovde came out swinging when he announced his candidacy, complaining about lobbyist influence and wasted money in Washington.

That might sound similar to what Republicans sometimes say, but when they give you a cue card you're supposed to read it exactly as written.

Mark Neumann is a good boy. He does as he's told.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:43 pm

What ever happened to Fitzgerald's campaign?
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stu Levitan » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:58 pm

Got robo-polled today by Thompson campaign. No screen for party preference or intent to vote.
Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:05 pm

Stu Levitan wrote:Got robo-polled today by Thompson campaign. No screen for party preference or intent to vote.

Really? Well, I can't accept this as truth until it's confirmed by the Cornaltmeade. Please submit recordings of alleged robo-call to Althouse.org for verification of authenticity. In order to establish authenticity we'll need a video and audio recording of your robo-call. Authenticity confirmation will not be provided unless you to also include Barack Obama's long form birth certificate (no, not that one), three or more firearms sold to Mexican drug lords that have Obama's fingerprints on them and four receipts for the purchase of "Atlas Shrugged."

Failure to complete any of these tasks will automatically qualify your assertions about robo-calls as lies.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stu Levitan » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:10 pm

Damn! Busted!
Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Peanutbutter » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:41 am

pjbogart wrote:Really? Well, I can't accept this as truth until it's confirmed

Given the way Stu has been less than truthful when it comes to previous robocalls I can totally understand why one would seek outside confirmation.

And given the way liberals refuse to criticize their own I can totally understand why you went way over the top with your attempt at sarcasm.
Peanutbutter
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Local Politics & Government