MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
jamesmadisonpark
Thursday, August 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 73.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Gov. Walker has $1.6 million

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Gov. Walker has $1.6 million

Postby Meade » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:01 am

in the bank "giving him a strong start toward a 2014 re-election race".

Thanks a lot, recall suckers!

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/walker-raises-nearly-7-million-in-home-stretch-record-likely-shattered-os61c64-161489955.html
Meade
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: Gov. Walker has $1.6 million

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:03 am

Thanks a lot, recall suckers!


You should be thanking the handful of people who are buying your Governor right in front of your face. Actually you should be fighting them.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 7794
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: Slightly outside of Madison

Re: Gov. Walker has $1.6 million

Postby Meade » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:07 am

fisticuffs wrote:Actually you should be fighting them.

Peaceful protest! Peaceful protest!
Meade
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: Gov. Walker has $1.6 million

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:10 am

Meade wrote:
fisticuffs wrote:Actually you should be fighting them.

Peaceful protest! Peaceful protest!


Sure that works. Peaceful protest is one way to fight them.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 7794
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: Slightly outside of Madison

Re: Gov. Walker has $1.6 million

Postby Earthling » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:21 am

You should be thanking the handful of people who are buying your Governor right in front of your face. Actually you should be fighting them


You could say this about any politician. They are all bought and paid for to some degree. Saying that Walker is being bought is like saying that deep fried cheese curds from Culvers are bad for you. Well no shit. I'm pretty sure all deep fried fast food is bad for you. You think that Doyle was any less bought and paid for than Walker is now? He just had different puppet masters. Choose between your evils and quit your bitching.
Earthling
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:08 pm

Re: Gov. Walker has $1.6 million

Postby Meade » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:29 am

Actually, deep-fried cheese curds from Culvers should be considered health food.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: Gov. Walker has $1.6 million

Postby Slick Willy » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:46 am

Meade wrote:Actually, deep-fried cheese curds from Culvers should be considered health food.

Health food for someone who's starving, maybe, but not for some lardass who just got done eating a double deluxe and a concrete shake. It's the same reason why a flat tax doesn't work, but conservatives always try to oversimplify an issue to appeal to morons. Sorry, but the same thing ISN'T what's best for everyone.
Slick Willy
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:54 am
Location: Madison, WI (Allied-Dunn's Marsh Neighborhood)

Re: Gov. Walker has $1.6 million

Postby rabble » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:09 am

If one's worldview is that every politician is bought and paid for, it would stand to reason that one would be glad that one's politician of choice has been sold for the greatest amount.

I'm not clear on why a person would be happy that his or her politician has been bought for a larger amount, though. Unless you bought him, he ain't workin for you.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 6101
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:50 pm

Re: Gov. Walker has $1.6 million

Postby david cohen » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:32 pm

Further proof that this Meade thing is a troll...
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1331
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:48 pm

Re: Gov. Walker has $1.6 million

Postby Meade » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:35 pm

david cohen wrote:Further proof that this Meade thing is a troll...

How so? And what do you mean by Meade "thing"?

Were you a recaller, david cohen? Most of us were not, you know.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: Gov. Walker has $1.6 million

Postby Earthling » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:56 pm

rabble wrote:If one's worldview is that every politician is bought and paid for, it would stand to reason that one would be glad that one's politician of choice has been sold for the greatest amount.

I'm not clear on why a person would be happy that his or her politician has been bought for a larger amount, though. Unless you bought him, he ain't workin for you.


Who said I was happy about anything? I'm just realistic.
Earthling
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:08 pm

Re: Gov. Walker has $1.6 million

Postby rabble » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:13 pm

Earthling wrote:Who said I was happy about anything? I'm just realistic.

Clearly, you're happy that Walker won and happy that politicians are bought and sold.

If you weren't happy about it you'd get off your fat ass and DO something besides harp on a forum of people who are your ideological opposites. Which also makes you happy.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 6101
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:50 pm

Re: Gov. Walker has $1.6 million

Postby Cornbread » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:32 pm

Slick Willy wrote:
Meade wrote:Actually, deep-fried cheese curds from Culvers should be considered health food.

Health food for someone who's starving, maybe, but not for some lardass who just got done eating a double deluxe and a concrete shake.

There's a difference...a 'lardass' has significantly less health issues than, say someone built like an apple. Salt IS good for you. So is oil. So is coffee. And exercising isn't always good, much less lead to weight loss. So is, well, what's the next fad of the week?

So much of this nanny dietician BS is, well, just BS for people that want to run other people's lives because they are unhappy with their own.

It's the same reason why a flat tax doesn't work


Why?
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 5:48 pm
Location: Various places

Re: Gov. Walker has $1.6 million

Postby Slick Willy » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:37 pm

Cornbread wrote:There's a difference...a 'lardass' has significantly less health issues than, say someone built like an apple. Salt IS good for you. So is oil. So is coffee. And exercising isn't always good, much less lead to weight loss. So is, well, what's the next fad of the week?

So much of this nanny dietician BS is, well, just BS for people that want to run other people's lives because they are unhappy with their own.

Everything that you said proves my point: different strokes for different folks.
Cornbread wrote:
Slick Willy wrote:It's the same reason why a flat tax doesn't work

Why?

Because taking 25% of the income from someone who only makes $20K/year cripples that person's basic life needs a lot more than taking 25% of the income from someone who makes $200K/year.

The point is that what's fair and what's good for everyone is complex and varies depending on a person's circumstances.
Slick Willy
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:54 am
Location: Madison, WI (Allied-Dunn's Marsh Neighborhood)


Return to Local Politics & Government

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

moviesmusiceats
Select a Movie
Select a Theater


commentsViewedForum
  ISTHMUS FLICKR

Promotions Contact us Privacy Policy Jobs Newsletters RSS
Collapse Photo Bar