MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, November 22, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 50.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Sean Duffy drives too much

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Sean Duffy drives too much

Postby Beaver » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:58 pm

A Republican lying on his mileage report? Can that be?

http://uppitywis.org/blogarticle/duffy- ... -18-months
Duffy Claims Impossibly High Mileage of 48,087 Miles in Only 18 Months on the Job

"Last year, Sean Duffy famously complained that he "has had trouble making ends meet" on his meager $174,000 a year salary. Now we find out how he has made ends meet: fudging on his mileage report. According to Think Progress, Duffy has received $24,520 in his 18 short months in office for miles driven on his personal car for meeting with constituents and other official business. At 51 cents a mile, that comes out Duffy claiming to have driven 48,087 miles. To put that in perspective, that is the equivelent of driving around the Earth-- twice-- and driving from Superior to Kenosha 117 times."
Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Sean Duffy drives too much

Postby snoqueen » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:24 pm

He's got a second job delivering pizzas.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:06 am

http://disbursements.house.gov/2012q1/2012q1_vol1.pdf
search on HON. SEAN P. DUFFY

It's only this quarter, and some of q4 last year, travel expenses for the two periods are close to $36K, but include a lease for almost $16K. Mileage (and taxi/parking/tolls) for Duffy alone doesn't even come close to $2K ($1358.04) in that time period. I didn't go back an look at the numbers for the first 3 quarters of 2011 but based the fact that the article Uppity quotes from Thinkprogress doesn't actually state anything about personal mileage, I'm betting Duffy never comes close to claiming that many miles.

Now if you want to talk about why a 1st term congressman who campaigned on fighting government waste is spending $16K to lease a car, like Thinkprogress does; or if you question his over all staff spent $35,478.77 on travel in that time period, I'd say you have a fair point.
Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby juanton » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:31 am

Man, I really want to know what sort of equipment they have in the House recording studio.

Someone's got to be dropping some dope rhymes.
juanton
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Local Politics & Government