MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Monday, October 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 43.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

The Brett Hulsey Story...

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Re: The Brett Hulsey Story...

Postby Meade » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:49 pm

"Potentially dangerous situation"??? In 1 foot of water?
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:35 pm

OCD at it's finest.
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:51 pm

Is it wrong of me to hope that Brett Hulsey remains the Democrats' choice for that office and that he gets reelected? Maybe I'm being partisan in a bad way.

But if this were a Republican legislator, or just any Republican - say, Justice David Prosser - you would have someone like Bill Lueders leaking from anonymous sources allegations that this hypothetical Republican put the child into a chokehold and that the man should step down from his official position pending an investigation into his behavior including a complete search of his computer files and cell phone. Wouldn't you?
Last edited by Meade on Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby The Feral Scribe » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:59 pm

Years ago when I worked in fast food restaurant I used the restroom only to find a young boy, four or five, in front of the urinal crying because his zipper was stuck. He asked me to help him. Instead I found his mother. By the time we returned to the restroom the kid was sobbing over his stuck zipper. His mother turned to me and scolded, "You could've just helped him!" I couldn't believe she was angry at me. She was right, I could've helped him, but the consequences of someone misinterpreting helping a child makes being a good citizen in some instances (especially in that instance) not worth the risk. Husley isn't stupid. He knows better, which is precisely why his story stinks. Makes you wonder what other kinds of pictures the man enjoys taking of children he does not know.
The Feral Scribe

Postby Phil » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:00 pm

So Meade posted the below parody lyrics (to be sung to the Bob Dylan song "Hurricane") over at his mom's blog.

Camera shots ring out as day turns to night
Enter the Assemblyman from the upper beach
He sees the wild child's war on girls
Cries out, “My God, he's splashing them all!”
Here comes the story of the Hulseycane
The man the authorities came to blame
For somethin’ that he only sorta done
Put in the Isthmus, but one time he could-a been
The leader of the the Progs.

http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID ... 4707557311

Is it creepy that Ann Althouse and Meade have made it a hobby to dance on other peoples foibles while pretending to be "concerned"?
Phil
Forum Addict

Postby Detritus » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:08 pm

Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:36 pm

I can't decide if all this obsessive "concern" is sexually creepy or politically creepy, so I've decided it's both.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby swimmingupstream » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:15 pm

After reading the police report I think Brett Hulsey got a really raw deal here. The report does not come close to supporting the issuance of a citation. I believe that defining "disorderly conduct" in such loose terms is a real threat to civil liberties.

I suspect that the police did not want to have the appearance of showing an elected official any favoritism. So they gave him the ticket.

This affair has actually made me feel bad for Brett Hulsey. Believe me, that takes a lot.
swimmingupstream
Forum Addict

Postby Meade » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:06 am

swimmingupstream wrote:This affair has actually made me feel bad for Brett Hulsey. Believe me, that takes a lot.

Earnest question: Why should we believe you that this affair has actually made you feel bad for Brett Hulsey? Also, why should we believe that "swimmingupstream" is your real native American name? Are you enrolled or are you not enrolled?
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby swimmingupstream » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:57 am

Meade wrote:Earnest question: Why should we believe you that this affair has actually made you feel bad for Brett Hulsey?

Well Meade, I do know MY feelings! Can't a gal (or guy) have a right to their own feelings? (Though I realize that in your case you are on a short leash with your Mommy.)
Meade wrote:Also, why should we believe that "swimmingupstream" is your real native American name?

Okay, you have smoked (a little Native American lingo there) me out here. For your information only, my full name is Dinesh Kookoo Swimmingupstream. I am Hindi-Indie Native American and from a long line of clock makers. Are you happy now?
Meade wrote:Are you enrolled or are you not enrolled?

No Meade, I am not enrolled. I am from the school of hard knockers (the opposite of your spongy mummy) and I learned my way on the mean trails of the reservation and the back alleys of Calcutta.

I realize you are obsessed with me but I will be happy to answer any more questions you might have. So keep them coming.

Sincerely,
Dinesh Kookoo Swimmingupstream
swimmingupstream
Forum Addict

Postby scratch » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:15 am

Meade wrote:Is it wrong of me to hope that Brett Hulsey remains the Democrats' choice for that office and that he gets reelected? Maybe I'm being partisan in a bad way.
But if this were a Republican legislator, or just any Republican - say, Justice David Prosser - you would have someone like Bill Lueders leaking from anonymous sources allegations that this hypothetical Republican put the child into a chokehold and that the man should step down from his official position pending an investigation into his behavior including a complete search of his computer files and cell phone. Wouldn't you?

No, though obviously you would, you low-riding, state teet-sucking, obsessive dork. Get a job, Larry, before Mommy dumps your pitifully worthless ass.
scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:32 am

swimmingupstream wrote:No Meade, I am not enrolled.

Then your accusing me of native American-phobia was, in fact, simply a projection of your own cynical bigotry.

As Stu Levitan would say, CONFIRMED!
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby swimmingupstream » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:38 pm

Meade wrote:
swimmingupstream wrote:No Meade, I am not enrolled.

Then your accusing me of native American-phobia was, in fact, simply a projection of your own cynical bigotry.

As Stu Levitan would say, CONFIRMED!

Meade, I know why you and your brown shirts want to get all of us Hindi-Indie Native Americans on some list. Would that not make your little game plan so much easier to carry out!

What's the matter Meade? Am I not in a high enough caste for you? My brown on brown skin makes you uncomfortable? We Indians should not be allowed to mix across continents?

What kind of racist are you Meade?

P.S. any interest in coming over and trying my new hot curry bison stew? I just got the recipe.
swimmingupstream
Forum Addict

Postby Meade » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:16 pm

swimmingupstream wrote:P.S. any interest in coming over and trying my new hot curry bison stew? I just got the recipe.

Where and what time?
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:33 pm

You know it's gonna get stranger, so let's get on with the show:

Soglin did it!

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/ ... 963f4.html
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Local Politics & Government