MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Sunday, November 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 49.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Homeless warming shelter...Social Justice Center?

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Re: Homeless warming shelter...Social Justice Center?

Postby snoqueen » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:42 pm

westsidegal just doesn't want it out on the west side.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:58 pm

Westsidegal wrote:
Detritus wrote:And you base this on what, exactly? Do you know the requirements of her grants and her donors? The basis on which she maintains the Center space? The legal, health, and safety requirements of operating a shelter, and the ability of that space to fulfill those requirements? I assume you do, and will provide them here--otherwise, your claim is disingenuous.

Let it be noted that Brenda Konkel does not let these niceties get in the way when attacking others involved in trying to solve this problem.

Let it be noted that you have given absolutely no evidence of anything you have said, this (non)-answer included.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stu Levitan » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:18 pm

And who exactly has Brenda "attacked" ? She has criticized city and county government officials for official actions they have/haven't taken -- kinda her birthright as an American, eh? -- but she hasn't said Soglin or Parisi should personally be housing the homeless (which, by the way, she HAS done). Westsidegal, I guarantdamntee you, Brenda Konkel has done a lot more to advance the cause of social justice in this community than you ever will. For you to say this is all so she can get herself some personal publicity is profoundly stupid and insulting, and makes me embarrassed to live on the same side of town as you. (Could you at least indicate you are a FARwestsidegal?)
Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:32 pm

Stu makes a couple of good points.

Something else about Brenda Konkel: Like Stu, and some others, she doesn't hide behind a pseudonym and take petty shots at people over the internet. I respect that.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Local Politics & Government