MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, December 26, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 36.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Quien es mas macho?

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Quien es mas macho?

Postby Mad Howler » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:47 pm

The big lie OR the big truth?

I honestly am not playing around on this one. I have my Catholic grade school "sensibility" in place that leads MY opinion toward fair play, but I am not so sure it translates to the present context. Anyone else want to poke around at this?

MH

p.s.- admin, I reckoned this was the best place to post this thought.
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Quien es mas macho?

Postby bdog » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:43 am

He died last week.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:25 am

bdog wrote:He died last week.

You sure? I thought maybe he's just away on business.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:06 pm

I know what bdog is talking about.

Can't say the same for you MH. You know the drill.....little more info.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:18 pm

narcoleptish wrote:I know what bdog is talking about.

Can't say the same for you MH. You know the drill.....little more info.

I think the OP wants us to consider whether the question ¿Quién es más macho? is a Big Lie or a Big Truth. I go with Big Lie.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:10 pm

I thought it was about Ashton Kutcher or Mila Kunis, but not both.

Or maybe Lego Star Wars.

Or maybe it's about that thing on the news, you know where that thing happened to that person?

At any rate, I plan to invite Mad Howler and City2Countrygirl out for a dinner with copious amounts of booze. It's hard to be coy when your eyeballs are jiggling. I'd invite Stella too, but I fear she'd spend a half hour looking for the government tracking device in her mashed potatoes.

We'll find out what this thread is really about.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mean Scenester » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:20 pm

Detritus wrote:I think the OP wants us to consider whether the question ¿Quién es más macho? is a Big Lie or a Big Truth. I go with Big Lie.

To get there we must first consider that the OP doesn't know fuck-all about Spanish pronouns.

Is Gozer still around, or did Mad Howler serendipitously appear about the time he fell off the map? I find it hard to fathom two sources so similarly impenetrable in style and deficient of context.
Mean Scenester
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:44 pm

No me llamo Sheppy.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:42 pm

Fine. Let me innumerate my thoughts...
1) This is the second time I have had to ask myself "who the f#c# is Sheppy"?
2) Does OP mean operative? If so I guess I am fully functional. On the other hand I am a fully aware person in this community that is wired to strike back at bullshit.
3) Admin you have all the data ( URL and all that) it seems odd that you participart in an identity speculation game.
4) Yah, I heard about that Mexican wrestler who past. I burned out on professional wrestling in our common narrative a couple of decades ago. Having not followed the Mexican craze, I was happy it wasn't one of my home spun heros.
5) Come on! The whole big lie vs. us collectively assessing truth is not that hard. I have been dorking around with the twitter of late and have been following @thetweetofgod. Pretty funny stuff, and imagine what might happen to a person who might insert Allah for the G word? The interesting post that got me went something like... Truth is finite and lies are infinite.

You know that when you pull you head out of your ass just long enough, in my experience, good things can happen.

Finally, I ain't coming here with an answer ready to my initial question. I am respectfully and earnestly asking for your thoughts, snarky or otherwise.

MH
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:20 am

Mean Scenester wrote:Is Gozer still around, or did Mad Howler serendipitously appear about the time he fell off the map? I find it hard to fathom two sources so similarly impenetrable in style and deficient of context.

Nope, although I have lingered here under a not so anonymous moniker. I am simultaneously humbled at the speculation and annoyed. I have and will continue to believe that there are many bigger thinkers than myself who lurk here.
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:23 am

OP stands for "Ocean Pacific". It was very stylish clothing in 1986.

I still have some OP clothing, but when I put it on I look too much like John Candy, so I opt for stylish moo-moos instead.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:43 am

Please. OP, as we learned in 1991, means "other people's."
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:52 am

Mad Howler wrote:5) Come on! The whole big lie vs. us collectively assessing truth is not that hard.

Well that cracks the blinds a little but I'm still not sure what's going on in your house. But I do appreciate the variety you bring to the forum.

OP stands for Original Poster, and it's a reference to the first poster you ever owned. It's kind of a way for other forons to categorize you based on childhood preferences. Mine was a gigantic wall-covering montage of the band KISS, obviously showing me to be someone who wanted to shout it out loud yet still hide my face. The perfect makings for a future foron.

Macho Camacho was a boxer.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:14 am

narcoleptish wrote:Macho Camacho was a boxer.

But little known fact: he was actually Peruvian. He was the namesake of the seafood dish pescado a lo macho.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:04 am

As usual, none of us has apparently has any idea what Mad Howler is alluding to.

My first guess was that it had something to do with Laurie Anderson:

From "Smoke Rings" on Home of the Brave (1984):
Laurie Anderson wrote:Standby. You're on the air. Buenas noches Señores y Señoras. Bienvenidos. La primera pregunta es: ¿Qué es más macho, pineapple or knife? Well, let's see. My guess is that a pineapple is more macho than a knife. Sí! Correcto! Pineapple es más macho que knife. La segunda pregunta es: ¿Qué es más macho, lightbulb or schoolbus? Uh, lightbulb? No! Lo siento, Schoolbus es más macho que lightbulb. Gracias. And we'll be back in un momento.

Not sure how this relates to Catholic schools, or the Big Lie (?), or what the "present context" is.

Aside from that, great thread.
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to Local Politics & Government