MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, December 25, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 34.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Madison's far left eats its own

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Madison's far left eats its own

Postby swimmingupstream » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:06 pm

In Madison it has long been joked that the biggest enemy you can have is to have Brenda Konkel as an ally. She will throw anyone under the bus in her quest to jump out in front of a cause and get in front of the cameras.

Case in point. See here how she cast uber-progressive Andy Heidt as no longer being "trust" worthy.

http://www.forwardlookout.com/2012/12/p ... qus_thread
swimmingupstream
Forum Addict

Re: Madison's far left eats its own

Postby peripat » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:11 pm

Let me get this straight- If someone has been your political ally you are not allowed to criticize or judge them regardless of what stupid/illegal/immoral/unethical things they may do? Just checking.
peripat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby swimmingupstream » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:30 pm

peripat wrote:Let me get this straight- If someone has been your political ally you are not allowed to criticize or judge them regardless of what stupid/illegal/immoral/unethical things they may do? Just checking.

Talk about throwing an ally under the bus! Andy H. is now being lumped in with being "stupid/illegal/immoral/unethical."

Normal people do not label allies (or even those who are not allies) as being untrustworthy. Brenda on the other hand will lash out at anyone who is unwilling to be a part of her dwindling cult.
swimmingupstream
Forum Addict

Postby rabble » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:52 pm

There are several disagreements, personality conflicts, and a couple of long running feuds in the Madison left, some of which have been ongoing for a long time and others that are quite new.

I wonder, why is this particular altercation so important to Mr Stream?

I can't figure it out. My poor little mind just cannot grasp the complexities.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby massimo » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:52 pm

Your obsession with Brenda is well beyond "normal." Your cult of the anti-Brenda creeps me out.
massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mean Scenester » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:00 pm

swimmingupstream wrote:In Madison it has long been joked that the biggest enemy you can have is to have Brenda Konkel as an ally.

Funny, I've lived in Madison for over 20 years and I've never heard this.

Also, it's a pretty stupid joke.
Mean Scenester
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:40 pm

Meanwhile, right-wingers continue to amass power and expand their base, right swimmer?

Here's a question: Who is the most powerful conservative in Dane County? Other than Vicki McKenna, that is.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby swimmingupstream » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:11 pm

jjoyce wrote:Meanwhile, right-wingers continue to amass power and expand their base, right swimmer?

Here's a question: Who is the most powerful conservative in Dane County? Other than Vicki McKenna, that is.

Well the Republicans are amassing power and expanding their base outside of Dane County. But I guess that does not mean much.

Interesting that no one came to the defense of Andy Heidt. Does anyone even know why Brenda Konkel labeled him as no longer being trustworthy? She did not provide any evidence in her blog post.

But I guess being charged with being no longer trustworthy is proof enough among Madison's super leftists.
swimmingupstream
Forum Addict

Postby Stebben84 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:25 pm

swimmingupstream wrote:Interesting that no one came to the defense of Andy Heidt. Does anyone even know why Brenda Konkel labeled him as no longer being trustworthy? She did not provide any evidence in her blog post.

I could give a shit what was taped and written on that blog post. You seem to be more interested than most because of your obsession. Give it a rest.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby swimmingupstream » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:32 pm

Stebben84 wrote:I could give a shit what was taped and written on that blog post. You seem to be more interested than most because of your obsession. Give it a rest.

Stebben,

Why do you hate free speech?
swimmingupstream
Forum Addict

Postby jjoyce » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:03 pm

swimmingupstream wrote:Madison's super leftists.

So your list of powerful conservatives in Dane County is nothing, but the left is breeding a strain of "supers"?

Let me advise you to cross the street when you see Joe Parisi coming.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Donald » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:28 pm

The right elsewhere eats its own. It's an artifact of our political system. Anywhere where you have a dominant majority, that majority is likely to split for any number of reasons.

My perspective on this comes from years working in areas where conservatives have a stranglehold on government. Like progressives here, conservatives who hold power in the West tend to split apart. In South Dakota, for example, Republicans have dominant one-party control--Governor and both houses of the Legislature by wide veto-proof margins. There is presently a war between the Republican Party leadership and a strong conservative faction. This sets up interesting poltics where the left and the right can join to defeat the middle.
Donald
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Local Politics & Government