MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Sunday, September 21, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 62.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Erpenbach: not helping

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Re: Erpenbach: not helping

Postby bdog » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:32 am

Bert Ernie wrote:Why does it matter? The point Erpenbach was making was that Walker's actions were petty and self-serving. You've already acknowledged you agree with that central point.

If that was his point why did he have to embellish it? That "point" wasn't good enough for him so he had to embellish it.

Why must liberals do this?
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:33 am

bdog wrote:If that was his point why did he have to embellish it? That "point" wasn't good enough for him so he had to embellish it.

Why must liberals do this?

To answer that question we'd have to assume that Erpenbach was actually embellishing something.
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:11 am

OK. If Walker wasn't "picking on" the college kid by withdrawing his nomination, what was he doing? Was he "helping him out"? Was he "rewarding him"?

Erpenbach's description was spot on. Oh, why do right-wingers deflect so much?
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:51 am

Best concern-trolling I've seen in ages.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:07 am

bdog wrote:How was Walker "picking on" Inglett?

Got an answer Rabs?

I answered that at least once but it looks like you're refusing to listen. Okay, here goes: (I should point out you haven't answered several of MY questions, but that would be nitpicking, wouldn't it?"

He "picked on" him using his power and vindictive nature by first putting him on the list, then reminding him of what he had done, and then removing him from that list while making sure he and everyone else knew exactly why he was being kicked off.

If Walker hadn't wanted to "pick on" the kid he wouldn't have let him get that far in the first place. He never intended to put that guy on the board. He used his position to make an example of him, nice and public. "This is what happens to people who fuck with me, maggot!"

That's "bullying", picking on", "browbeating", "strongarming", whatever you want to call it and it's the mark of a small and mean person.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:38 am

rabble wrote:He never intended to put that guy on the board. He used his position to make an example of him, nice and public.

I ain't sure about that. Rather, it appears that Walker & his staff simply didn't check their Enemies List before making the announcement....as if they don't care one way or the other about it.

But once his Tea Party handlers & Big Money Donors started making a fuss about the appointment, the Governor remembered that he ain't the one actually calling the shots in this state and was forced to backpedal on his personal choice.

After all, the Tea Party didn't spend thousands of dollars compiling that data just so it'd be ignored. The GOP and RightWing will be using The List as a litmus test for decades to come.
penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:57 am

Did they even have to make a fuss? or did Walker just know he'd better throw the kid overboard? Instinctively knowing stuff like that is part of his political DNA.

Both Walker and his money people have the belief they should run the entire government and not allow other views to be heard at all. They also believe meanness, grudge-holding, and intransigence are the means by which power is held and displayed. I don't think Walker questioned for one minute that he had to make a big show of dumping that kid.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:16 pm

penquin wrote:
rabble wrote:He never intended to put that guy on the board. He used his position to make an example of him, nice and public.

I ain't sure about that. Rather, it appears that Walker & his staff simply didn't check their Enemies List before making the announcement....as if they don't care one way or the other about it.

Well there's the thing. We don't know.

As long as bdog wants to chew on the "picking on" bone, how say you: if - IF, just for the sake of argument, it is by no means certain - IF they didn't think to check till after he was on the list, was it still picking on the college kid? The way I see it, yes. "Oh, he's one of THOSE, is he? Okay show him who's boss. And make sure he knows why."
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:43 pm

Best reply yet Rabs, I can respect that.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Local Politics & Government