MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Thursday, July 24, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 77.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Judge Markson Finds Capitol Rules Unconstitutional

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Re: Judge Markson Finds Capitol Rules Unconstitutional

Postby jman111 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:29 pm

Francis Di Domizio wrote:Who's apologizing for them? I'm calling someone else's decision moronic. That doesn't preclude me from thinking other's are just as moronic or simply complete fucking assholes. I'm fully capable of thinking lots of people are fuck ups. I know as the quintessential towel boy for the DNC and Unions this has to confuse you, but some of us see both sides doing shit stupid things and are happy to point them out. Calling a Republican like Walker a fucktarded jackhole with the leaderships skills of Corporal Klink doesn't mean I can't also think some judge went off his meds and issued an order that at best is moronic and in actuality is probably a blatantly inappropriate political statement when made from the bench.

It was a moronic order with no basis in law and as a matter of precedent the DOJ should have appealed it.

Speaking of moronic, you are so full of shit.

It's Colonel Klink. :D
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:32 pm

HawkHead wrote:Actually I disagree. You are right that the judge shouldn't stick his nose into it this way. But this is exactly what precedence is all about. The courts have already tossed one case regarding this. So the DOJ is going to bring 450 more cases that will be dismissed.

Seems like a purposefully waste of time and money so that the judge asks, "Hey do you really want to do this knowing the precedence is to dismiss the charges."

Except that the DOJ already knew it was going to appeal that ruling, making that precedence meaningless. From a legal standpoint I don't think the DOJ has the option to hold off on going ahead with charges pending an appeal of a related but separate case (I could be wrong on this).

My issue is that in demanding the prosecution to provide a cost analysis of bringing charges to trial, the judge is setting a bad precedent.

HawkHead wrote:Also, you must not know Judge Markson.

This is true, though knowing him wouldn't change my opinion this order, though perhaps my thoughts as to his motivation.

jman111 wrote:It's Colonel Klink. :D

I felt that in using him in comparison to Walker, he needed to be demoted.... ya, that's it.
Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:58 pm

The civil suits have started.

Radio host files federal civil rights lawsuit for Capitol Police arrest

A local radio host Monday filed a federal civil rights lawsuit against three Capitol Police officers who handcuffed and ticketed him during last summer's mass arrests of singing protesters.

Philip Dominic Salvia, co-host of The Devil's Advocates, a liberal talk show on The Mic 92.1 FM, is seeking unspecified compensatory and punitive damages for violation of his First Amendment rights as a member of the press and his Fourth and 14th Amendment rights for being arrested without probable cause.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:32 pm

Even when a "liberal Dane County judge" rules against lawsuits by the protesters, the lawsuits are reinstated by an appellate court.

Appeals court revives protest group lawsuit over Capitol sign tickets
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Local Politics & Government