MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, December 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 30.0° F  Light Snow
Collapse Photo Bar

Sue Ellingson resigns

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Re: Sue Ellingson resigns

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:41 pm

Dman: the owners of the Isthmus forum have the right to free speech (that cannot be abridged by the government) as to what they publish. But contributors to the forum (that's you and me, bub) have no such right on this forum.

If you start your own forum (call it guns, guns and more guns) then the government cannot stop you from saying what you want on that forum.

If you can't understand that, then you are either extremely disingenuous or extremely obtuse.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:38 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Dman: the owners of the Isthmus forum have the right to free speech (that cannot be abridged by the government) as to what they publish. But contributors to the forum (that's you and me, bub) have no such right on this forum.

If you start your own forum (call it guns, guns and more guns) then the government cannot stop you from saying what you want on that forum.

If you can't understand that, then you are either extremely disingenuous or extremely obtuse.

Oh, so the government can shut you and I up on here?
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:39 pm

lukpac wrote:... as well as weapons that are not available to the public.

And what is it that prevents them from being available?
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:44 pm

Dangerousman wrote:
lukpac wrote:... as well as weapons that are not available to the public.

And what is it that prevents them from being available?

Why don't you try and procure some nuclear weapons and let us know?
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:46 pm

Dangerousman wrote:Oh, so the government can shut you and I up on here?

You should probably quit while you're behind.
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:52 pm

Dangerousman wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:Dman: the owners of the Isthmus forum have the right to free speech (that cannot be abridged by the government) as to what they publish. But contributors to the forum (that's you and me, bub) have no such right on this forum.

First you claim that the Freedom of Speech allows you to post what you want on this forum, now you come up with this shit. Your interpretation of the Constitution, whether the First or Second Amendment, is based on delusion and paranoia.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:43 pm

What ever happened to Carol A S Thompson ?
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:54 pm

Dangerousman wrote:So if you are among the scoffers, than I think you must accept that the infringements have accumulated to the point where they are now fairly significant.

Must? Not at all; the complete opposite, in fact. I don't accept that regulation = infringement. The Second Amendment remains virtually uninfringed, and there's plenty of room for even more regulation before true infringement becomes a concern.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:27 pm

Dangerousman wrote:
jonnygothispen wrote:Huh? I didn't say that, D-man.

Again, do you feel it's wrong that the 2nd amendment says that the militia, as defined by the Constitution as the organized and unorganized militia, should be well-regulated as the 2nd amendment states? I trust you're aware of this amendment.

Oh I most definitely do believe that the militia should be in good working order. But with all of the infringements of the People's right to keep and bear arms, that goal of the 2nd Amendment is becoming increasingly difficult to achieve.
Some people feel that the unorganized militia is NOT in good working order if people are allowed to carry freely in public places that would cause more fear than it would relieve. In this immediate example, why do you feel the need to blow off the actual meaning and intention of the 2nd amendment and rely on a limited and selective version?
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby green union terrace chair » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:31 pm

Exactly.
green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:41 am

Henry Vilas wrote:
Dangerousman wrote:

First you claim that the Freedom of Speech allows you to post what you want on this forum, now you come up with this shit. Your interpretation of the Constitution, whether the First or Second Amendment, is based on delusion and paranoia.

No Henry, I said the First Amendment applies to this forum, something you denied, then admit to be true. I can alway count on you to do certain things: take the bait, inaccurately portray what I write, etc.
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:45 am

Dangerousman wrote:No Henry, I said the First Amendment applies to this forum, something you denied, then admit to be true.

No, you said the First Amendment gave the right to derail topics, which it doesn't:

Dangerousman wrote:
green union terrace chair wrote:Which amendment includes the right to derail topics?

What is the First Amendment? I'll take Quotable Quotes for a 1000.

Dangerousman wrote:I can alway count on you to do certain things: take the bait, inaccurately portray what I write, etc.

Try looking in a mirror sometime.
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:42 am

I wonder who Soglin will appoint as our interim alderperson?
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:24 pm

Bwis53 wrote:I wonder who Soglin will appoint as our interim alderperson?

There you go again, trying to derail the thr--

Oh, wait...carry on!
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:29 pm

lukpac wrote:
Dangerousman wrote:No Henry, I said the First Amendment applies to this forum, something you denied, then admit to be true.

No, you said the First Amendment gave the right to derail topics, which it doesn't:

Dangerousman wrote:
green union terrace chair wrote:Which amendment includes the right to derail topics?

What is the First Amendment? I'll take Quotable Quotes for a 1000.

Dangerousman wrote:I can alway count on you to do certain things: take the bait, inaccurately portray what I write, etc.

Try looking in a mirror sometime.

Go back and point the finger at who actually derailed the topic into a Second Amendment discussion. It wasn't me. I was on the topic of Sue Ellingson until jonny butted in with his lunatic shit about well-regulated militias. So the question of what gives the right to derail a topic should have been directed to the person who did so.
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Local Politics & Government