MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, October 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 39.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

North Sherman Avenue Proposal

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?

Re: North Sherman Avenue Proposal

Postby rabble » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:40 pm

Hey DCB! High five!

SLAP!
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:03 pm

Sno, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, the failure of the City and Oscar Mayer to come to an agreement over access to some of their property is what killed a bike path in the northeast corridor. I can't remember when those negotiations took place, I just remember it in the local news.
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bad Gradger » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:13 pm

Oscar Mayer isn't blocking the Sherman Flyer path, it's the Wisconsin & Southern CEO's inveterate dickish hatred of Madison. You'd know that if you were actually familiar with the history of this issue.

You know what? I live just off Sherman too and I love the idea, and it has nothing to do with bicycles. I'm tired of Waunakeeans feeling entitled to speed through my neighborhood because the light at Sherman just happened to be red. I'm tired of getting honked at or flipped off two days out of every five for the crime of being in a legal crosswalk. And I'm tired of the old ladies at Sherman Glen living in terror of crossing the street.

This thing came out of nowhere? Tell that to the hundred people who showed up last October. That's a huge crowd, especially off the isthmus.

But hey, David and Ninja, you and Dorothy Borchardt can just keep telling yourselves this is nothing but a few well-connected bikies taking out their hippie rage on some innocent job creators. I for one look forward to hearing about Ninja's legal strategy challenging the City Council's authority over a public street.
Bad Gradger
Forum God/Goddess

Postby massimo » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:42 pm

Well put, Bad G.
massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:02 pm

rabble wrote:Hey DCB! High five!

SLAP!

Back atcha, bro!

My fragile self-esteem is now restored.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:25 pm

yeah pal, who'd have ever thought I'd agree with Dorothy on anything..I guess pigs are flying! Stay safe! Funny thing is, I stop for little old ladies and pedestrians and yield to bikes and have for the past 16 yrs...my objection is the traffic clusterfuck. I hope the others are right and this won't be a mess, I just don't think it's gonna happen. But I will be the first to admit it works if, in fact, it does.
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:18 pm

david cohen wrote:yeah pal, who'd have ever thought I'd agree with Dorothy on anything..I guess pigs are flying! Stay safe! Funny thing is, I stop for little old ladies and pedestrians and yield to bikes and have for the past 16 yrs...my objection is the traffic clusterfuck. I hope the others are right and this won't be a mess, I just don't think it's gonna happen. But I will be the first to admit it works if, in fact, it does.

And it's just paint. A LOT of paint but it's just a paint job. If it really doesn't work out, the ragtag band of surviving businesses will be able to form an alliance and fend off the apocalyptic biker horde while we make it four lanes again.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:12 pm

Not just biker hordes. Biker ZOMBIES! If you are bitten by one, you too become a BIKER!!!!
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ninja » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:30 pm

rabble wrote:
david cohen wrote:yeah pal, who'd have ever thought I'd agree with Dorothy on anything..I guess pigs are flying! Stay safe! Funny thing is, I stop for little old ladies and pedestrians and yield to bikes and have for the past 16 yrs...my objection is the traffic clusterfuck. I hope the others are right and this won't be a mess, I just don't think it's gonna happen. But I will be the first to admit it works if, in fact, it does.

And it's just paint. A LOT of paint but it's just a paint job. If it really doesn't work out, the ragtag band of surviving businesses will be able to form an alliance and fend off the apocalyptic biker horde while we make it four lanes again.

How can you possibly be so casual and so calloused and so condescending about destroying people who are just trying to make a living? You're a fucking monster.
Ninja
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:25 am

Ninja wrote:You're a fucking monster.

And you're a fucking drama queen.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:34 am

Not just biker hordes. Biker ZOMBIES! If you are bitten by one, you too become a BIKER!!!!

Make that "bikie."
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:02 am

Ninja wrote:How can you possibly be so casual and so calloused and so condescending about destroying people who are just trying to make a living? You're a fucking monster.

I'm also a former businessman. I'm not sure you really have a handle on what it takes to operate a business.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:06 am

I do not accept Ninja's basic premise. I don't believe that anyone is "destroying people who are just trying to make a living." People who disagree with Ninja on this issue aren't monsters. Unless they being right and Ninja's being wrong is his definition of monster. Some people see the world that way, I suppose.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:36 pm

Rabble, I like that idea. It IS just paint, albeit a lot of paint. I'm going to chuckle about that reference every time I head into town now:) Thanks!
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Violet_Skye » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:36 pm

Ninja wrote:
DCB wrote:Because I care about life in my neighborhood, I go to neighborhood association meetings, I read the newsletter, I signed up for the NA email list, and I'm also on my alder's email list.

I had to pro-actively get involved, because I know that's how things work. I don't expect news to be spoonfed to me.

Neat.

I picture you sadly holding your arm out waiting for a high-five that's never going to be delivered.

<Delivers hi-5 to DCB> 8)
Violet_Skye
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Town Vibe