MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, December 19, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 25.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

All Right All You Good Deed Doing Citizens.....

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?

Postby Sheppy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:27 pm

Hans$$Buttercup wrote:So why respond to a question that doesn't pertain to you?

Let me tell you something, Hans$$Buttercup. I don't have time for your neanderthal approach to life, or your asinine screen name. I don't have time for it. Because unlike you, I am a succesful person. I think about my actions. I live a deliberate life. I read books and draw my own conclusions after careful study and consideration. I have a girlfriend with whose mind and sharp wit fill my downtown condo with many great musings and desires. I think.

You, on the other hand, react to stimuli. You don't think. You have been trained through repeated Pavlovian response to bellar loudly and pump your fist when Favre lands a long pass. You don't know the difference between Shiite and Sunni. Or Iraq and Iran. You seek out "news" that reinforces the narrow spectrum of your existence and panders to your own insecurities by making you feel superior over straw men like "libruls." You don't have a girlfriend.
Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Hans$$Buttercup » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:30 pm

Sheppy wrote:
DEL the funky homosapien wrote:Ahh you must live in one of those bubbles I hear so much about.

If you call living a sane existence where I actually think about the impact of my daily choices on others both locally and globally, then, yes, I do live in a "bubble." Maybe my "bubble" is reality. The reality of socio-economic and political ramifications of oil interdependency and the ascendancy of the American automobile industry in the 21st century. Maybe THAT'S my bubble, doood.

Well anyways, outside of your bubble there was an invention called the automobile, and sometimes they get stuck in the snow. This results in stories for people to tell! In order for people to stay satisfied and busy we share these stories with one another, creating some kind of mental stimulations, allowing us to go on for another day.
Hans$$Buttercup

Postby Sheppy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:34 pm

DEL the funky homosapien wrote:Almost sounds like a selfish existance..Oh well..maybe you just read Machiavelli recently.

You want to talk Machiavelli? Bring it, you erudite fuck. I can talk about any Italian medieval poltiical philosopher you want. Or any other philosopher, poet, or historical figure. I will debate you in any subject and I will win, I can assure you.
Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DEL the funky homosapien » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:36 pm

Sheppy wrote:
DEL the funky homosapien wrote:Almost sounds like a selfish existance..Oh well..maybe you just read Machiavelli recently.

You want to talk Machiavelli? Bring it, you erudite fuck. I can talk about any Italian medieval poltiical philosopher you want. Or any other philosopher, poet, or historical figure. I will debate you in any subject and I will win, I can assure you.

argumentum ad hominem...you lose.
DEL the funky homosapien

Postby Hans$$Buttercup » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:45 pm

Sheppy wrote:
Hans$$Buttercup wrote:So why respond to a question that doesn't pertain to you?

Let me tell you something, Hans$$Buttercup. I don't have time for your neanderthal approach to life, or your asinine screen name. I don't have time for it. Because unlike you, I am a succesful person. I think about my actions. I live a deliberate life. I read books and draw my own conclusions after careful study and consideration. I have a girlfriend with whose mind and sharp wit fill my downtown condo with many great musings and desires. I think.

You, on the other hand, react to stimuli. You don't think. You have been trained through repeated Pavlovian response to bellar loudly and pump your fist when Favre lands a long pass. You don't know the difference between Shiite and Sunni. Or Iraq and Iran. You seek out "news" that reinforces the narrow spectrum of your existence and panders to your own insecurities by making you feel superior over straw men like "libruls." You don't have a girlfriend.

Ouch! You know an awful lot about me! I guess I need to stick up for myself a little bit. Mostly on the reacting to stimuli thing. I just asked you a question... I wanted to know what made you tick. Why the question didn't pertain to you, for example. I don't float around the video game forum leaving messages on each page about some new game saying "well this doesn't matter to me because I don't play videogames." Obvoiusly you do care about the issue and have something to say about it just by leaving that initial comment. As for all the other stuff.. I don't know. Seems kind of silly, really... My mom says I'm cool. Soo.....
Hans$$Buttercup

Postby Sheppy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:46 pm

DEL the funky homosapien wrote:argumentum ad hominem...you lose.

OOOOOOH YOU KNOW LATIN! Wow, you must be smart!

Look, dude, how am I supposed to lose the debate before we had even begun? I never said your arguement was bogus due to the fact you're a jackass. In fact, I have no idea what the hell your arguement even is. You have no arguement. Only Pavlovian reponse to stimuli. USA! USA! USA! USA!
Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sheppy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:49 pm

Hans$$Buttercup wrote:Well anyways, outside of your bubble there was an invention called the automobile, and sometimes they get stuck in the snow. This results in stories for people to tell! In order for people to stay satisfied and busy we share these stories with one another, creating some kind of mental stimulations, allowing us to go on for another day.

Look, guy: I am all for stories. I like to tell stories and listen to good stories. Now, you might not care that much about the story I have to tell because it doesn't involve Anna Nicole Smith or Nicholas Hoffman. But my story is far more important than those things. I am sorry you cannot grasp the importance of my story. Now back to the Pack ...
Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Hans$$Buttercup » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:58 pm

Look, guy: I am all for stories. I like to tell stories and listen to good stories. Now, you might not care that much about the story I have to tell because it doesn't involve Anna Nicole Smith or Nicholas Hoffman. But my story is far more important than those things. I am sorry you cannot grasp the importance of my story. Now back to the Pack ...[/quote]

Who is Nicholas Hoffman? And I haven't had a T.V. in 4 years, so I never watched Anna Nicole and really don't care. I never said anything even alluding to ignorance on my part. So what is your story that is too important for me. I would love to be enlightened! Seriously.
Hans$$Buttercup

Postby Sheppy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:34 pm

Hans$$Buttercup wrote:Who is Nicholas Hoffman? And I haven't had a T.V. in 4 years, so I never watched Anna Nicole and really don't care. I never said anything even alluding to ignorance on my part. So what is your story that is too important for me. I would love to be enlightened! Seriously.

This is ridiculous. I haven't owned a television set in almost 20 years. So how in the hell am I supposed to know about your Anna Nicole Smith and Nicolas Hoffman bullshit. I mean, I'm sure they're nice people and all, and I have nothing against them, or you. But I frankly do not give a shit who has been seen kissing who or walking around drunk or whatever. It don't concern myself with the vices and love lives of people whom I don't know. I'm sorry you're having trouble understanding that.

But you expressed interest in my story. Finally! A glimmer of intellecutal curiosity! I'd better hang onto it and do something with it before it fritters off into a non-coherent mileau of Access Hollywood and "fuh'ball." My story is a simple one. I give a shit about the world. I think globally, act locally, buy locally grown and produced organics. I think intelligent thoughts and vote intelligently. Thoughtfully. I do not drive, smoke, eat anything processed under the rubric of imperial machisimo inequality.

That's my story, pancho. I knew you wouldn't understand.
Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Hans$$Buttercup » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:50 pm

HAHA!
You got me. I do drive... Why do you care about a world that will never understand you? Maybe I am too young, but I, at times, stop giving a shit about the world and lose hope. Maybe that will change as I get more involved. I have been reading biographies and (auto-bios too I guess) of people whom I respect lately, but have yet to draw any conclusions about the world and whether or not I really think that it is possible to make it a better place. I do the local thing, I probably see you at the willy street coop, and I ride my bike all spring summer and fall. But I also get a full analysis of someone before I blow them off as a doltish waist of life.
Hans$$Buttercup

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:56 pm

Although Sheppy doesn't drive, he goes to Milwaukee often (although he despises that city). And he's been to all 50 states. Now you ask, how does he do it? My best guess is levitation.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stomach » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:57 pm

Sheppy wrote:That's my story, pancho. I knew you wouldn't understand.

Pancho was a bandit, boys...
Stomach
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:13 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Although Sheppy doesn't drive, he goes to Milwaukee often (although he despises that city). And he's been to all 50 states. Now you ask, how does he do it? My best guess is levitation.

He hitches a ride with Stu?
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby sparky159 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:24 pm

I'm with Sheppy in this one. I laugh at all the stupid fucks with their stuck cars. I skied to work the last few days.
sparky159

Postby Sheppy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:31 pm

Hans$$Buttercup wrote:HAHA!
You got me. I do drive... Why do you care about a world that will never understand you? Maybe I am too young, but I, at times, stop giving a shit about the world and lose hope. Maybe that will change as I get more involved. I have been reading biographies and (auto-bios too I guess) of people whom I respect lately, but have yet to draw any conclusions about the world and whether or not I really think that it is possible to make it a better place. I do the local thing, I probably see you at the willy street coop, and I ride my bike all spring summer and fall. But I also get a full analysis of someone before I blow them off as a doltish waist of life.

Oh my good God you are one confused motherfucker. What in the name of God's holy living fuck are talking about? Dude, you need to put down the crackpipe, wake up to the fact that your fricken Spiderman comics are not an "autobiography," and that in fact they are all made up. Not only are comics fake, they don't even feature real people. Yep, buddy, sorry to have to break this to you but they are drawings. Some dude sat down and made up and drew out what you consider your personal Bible. I know this is probably a tough pill to swallow. I know you idolize Spiderman, and you think of him as a role model. But he is fake. Never existed and never will. Sorry.
Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Town Vibe