MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, January 29, 2015 |  Madison, WI: 31.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Scanner DAn

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?

Postby spanky » Sun May 06, 2007 9:18 am

blunt wrote:
Wet_Pavement wrote:
blunt wrote:Never heard of him.
Or Cosmo.

Yeah, these guys can't hold a candle to that other State Street, WYOU regular...You know the one I'm talkin's about...Bald, but not sure if that's voluntary or not.....wears goofy New Agey necklasses.....won't reveal his real name.....tortured many local musicians for years...What is that freaks name???

Damn!
On the tip of my tongue.....

This guy?
spanky
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paco » Sun May 06, 2007 4:28 pm

No, Blunt, your hair isn't that long!
Paco
Forum God/Goddess

Scanner Dan

Postby Lily » Wed May 09, 2007 9:54 pm

Or Cosmo.

Scanner Dan is an "adult" with, shall we say special issues, who used to be the a guy the snotty Sorority girls would pass around as an initiation haze because of his problems dealing with females. Sorority pledges were forced to "marry" the guy. There's an intellectual pursuit for ya. Oh, that is so funny.

As a former downtown apartment dweller, Cosmo only came out -- LOUD AND CLEAR -- when he wasn't taking his meds on a regular basis.

You'd know if you'd seen, or heard, him.

As far as I know he's harmless, but obnoxious.
Lily
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ed Breakfast » Thu May 10, 2007 3:56 am

You hear me, don't you?

Cosmo wrote:Hell's a nice place... if you like bats
Ed Breakfast
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Scanner Dan

Postby blunt » Fri May 11, 2007 11:26 am

Lily wrote:
Or Cosmo.

Scanner Dan is an "adult" with, shall we say special issues, who used to be the a guy the snotty Sorority girls would pass around as an initiation haze because of his problems dealing with females. Sorority pledges were forced to "marry" the guy. There's an intellectual pursuit for ya. Oh, that is so funny.

As a former downtown apartment dweller, Cosmo only came out -- LOUD AND CLEAR -- when he wasn't taking his meds on a regular basis.

As far as I know he's harmless, but obnoxious.

I was kidding.
Part of me truly appreciates your willingness to help.
The other, egomaniacal, part of me can't help but offer full disclosure:
I lived above Pipefitter for five years, was a fixture at Amy's, and still live downtown.
So I actually am quite familiar with the dynamic duo (I've even been to Bobby/Cosmo's apartment---which is another fabulous story all by itself), along with Crackzilla (Spare change?), the chubby bikerider who wears short-short cutoffs that are weaaaay to tight, and the virtual baseball player.
So we are snapping town vibe towels together after all.
blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby sims » Fri May 11, 2007 1:47 pm

blunt,
what's the scoop on Crackzilla? He's definitely one of my favorite State St cast members.
thanks.
sims
Forum Addict

Postby white_rabbit » Fri May 11, 2007 2:00 pm

sims wrote:blunt,
what's the scoop on Crackzilla? He's definitely one of my favorite State St cast members.
thanks.

Is he the one that says stuff like, "perhaps you have a spare coin mingling in the bottom of your pocket with some lint that you can spare?"
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby sims » Fri May 11, 2007 3:40 pm

nope, Crackzilla doesn't use that much vocabulary in his begging style. He just repeats his mantra, "spare change." Note the lack of a question mark or any actual request for spare change. And he has the white lipped thing that Dave Chappelle's crack-head character does. I actually saw this guy driving a car once, which was scary.
sims
Forum Addict

Postby Thusnelda » Fri May 11, 2007 4:13 pm

Crackzilla, a he? I always thought Crackzilla was the (okay, not extremely feminine) woman with the white pantyhose on her head whose call begins with, "Excuuuuse me..."

As for short-shorts cutoffs, the only person I've seen like that is the mustachioed Rollerblader. And he's not particularly chubby.
Thusnelda
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Fri May 11, 2007 5:11 pm

Everybody wins!
Crackzilla, is in fact female (oop---an assumption....) with the doo rag.....she walks everywhere all the time and still has a big butt....
the biker is the rollerblader once summer kicks in (and chubby is what I call the muffin topped hamhocker.....
I think the male coke raptor sims is thinking of presumably has an outdorr office space across the street from Potbelly's.....
blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby markkay » Mon May 14, 2007 4:31 pm

Speaking of street characters, I haven't seen him in years, but what was up with the guy with the bike helmet, with CCCP stenciled on it, who used to stand with his bike at a corner on the capitol square during early weekday mornings and acted as if he was monitoring something or other? He had some weird metal thing attached to the front of his bike, too.
markkay
Forum Addict

Postby blunt » Tue May 15, 2007 11:50 am

markkay wrote:Speaking of street characters, I haven't seen him in years, but what was up with the guy with the bike helmet, with CCCP stenciled on it, who used to stand with his bike at a corner on the capitol square during early weekday mornings and acted as if he was monitoring something or other? He had some weird metal thing attached to the front of his bike, too.

I last saw him at the downtown library hiding something behind books: Brass key rings.
I left them there.
I didn't want to cause a rip in time-space.
blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Town Vibe