MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Friday, September 19, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 59.0° F  Partly Cloudy with Haze
Collapse Photo Bar

SHEPPY: I WILL BUY YOUR FORON NAME!

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?

SHEPPY: I WILL BUY YOUR FORON NAME!

Postby Dulouz » Mon May 21, 2007 3:16 pm

Sheppy,

You are truly a gift to forons. It is obvious that a single post by "Sheppy" is worth 5 of mine (and mayb 20 of Schick's). I want access to statesmanesque quality.

I will pay you $25.00 for the right to your foroniker, 'Sheppy' which means that I get your password and have the right to change it to a new password.

If you agree after reaching 1,000 posts, I will only offer 25¢.

You have truly electrified the Forum. You filled the void created by the assinine outing of Daisy and made it a place where ideas, big and small, could be discussed. You have done an excellent job of meting out justice to all. Your foron persona is one of the most intelligent and original to date. Even though I won the "King of the Forum" contest, the very fact that you created it speaks to your ingenuity!

I could create a new foroniker; however, it would take years to accomplish what you have done in such a short time. I would rather simply become 'Sheppy'.
Dulouz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sheppy » Mon May 21, 2007 4:30 pm

Dolouz:

I like you. You are a member of my Bronze Club, and while you were recently demoted from Silver Club, for praising a horrendously horrible theatrical presentation in Milwaukee, I think you have what it takes to get back to Gold level, and, yes, maybe even make it into Shep's coveted Platinum Circle. Membership at the Platinum Level is so exclusive that the membership of the Circle is kept expressly secret. I should not have to tell you what a huge accomplishment it would be for you to make it into my Platinum Circle.

Doulouz, I do not want to have to demote you from Bronze, to put you into in the no-man's-land, the Purgatory of Sheppy's favor, the Circle of the Non-Knowing. But your impetuous offer to buy my identity has put you on perilous ground. It seems that you do not have a full appreciation for how much blood, sweat and tears I have put into this quest to become Lord of the Forum. You disregard this effort by offering to buy my screen name for a mere pittance of 25 US Dollars. Then to top it all you claim that it is indeed you who is King of the Forum, the Lord Sovereign of the Daily Page Forum.

Actually, come to think it, I think I will demote you to the Circle of the Non-Knowing. It hurts me to have to do this to one who at one time was so close to my Platinum Circle, but your impetuousness is bordering on treason.

One more false step and I will have you fully relegated to the Land of the Banned, from which there is no return.

In the meantime, SHEP HAS ONLY 46 MORE POSTS UNTIL THE 1,000TH POST!!!!!!
Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess

Re: SHEPPY: I WILL BUY YOUR FORON NAME!

Postby sheppi » Mon May 21, 2007 7:39 pm

Dulouz wrote:Sheppy,

You are truly a gift to forons. It is obvious that a single post by "Sheppy" is worth 5 of mine (and mayb 20 of Schick's). I want access to statesmanesque quality.

I will pay you $25.00 for the right to your foroniker, 'Sheppy' which means that I get your password and have the right to change it to a new password.

If you agree after reaching 1,000 posts, I will only offer 25¢.

You have truly electrified the Forum. You filled the void created by the assinine outing of Daisy and made it a place where ideas, big and small, could be discussed. You have done an excellent job of meting out justice to all. Your foron persona is one of the most intelligent and original to date. Even though I won the "King of the Forum" contest, the very fact that you created it speaks to your ingenuity!

I could create a new foroniker; however, it would take years to accomplish what you have done in such a short time. I would rather simply become 'Sheppy'.

I'll sell you mine for $24.50.

ONLY 999 MORE TO GO!!!
SHEPPI ROCKS!!!
sheppi

Postby Dulouz » Tue May 22, 2007 11:20 am

Sheppy,

You are a skilled negotiator! I've sharpened my pencil and think that I can make the deal a bit sweeter. I've considered all that you have said and, while we might disagree on the great "King of the Forum" contest, I must certainly concede on the quality of the forum rests upon your shoulders. You are the Atlas of the Daily Page

Here is my new offer:

$29.50
Dulouz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Tue May 22, 2007 11:39 am

I think it's only fair that Sheppy start an ebay auction to sell his foroniker to the highest bidder.
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sheepy » Tue May 22, 2007 11:41 am

Dulouz,
I'll sell you mine for $19.99.

ONLY 998 MORE TO GO!!!
SHEEPY ROCKS!!!
Sheepy

Postby Bwis53 » Tue May 22, 2007 11:53 am

white_rabbit wrote:I think it's only fair that Sheppy start an ebay auction to sell his foroniker to the highest bidder.

Man, at first glance, I thought that read: fornicker...
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sheppy » Tue May 22, 2007 1:11 pm

Dulouz wrote:Sheppy,

You are a skilled negotiator! I've sharpened my pencil and think that I can make the deal a bit sweeter. I've considered all that you have said and, while we might disagree on the great "King of the Forum" contest, I must certainly concede on the quality of the forum rests upon your shoulders. You are the Atlas of the Daily Page

Here is my new offer:

$29.50

Dulouz:

Your post count is over twice my post count. Nevertheless, I think you misunderstand the nature of our relationship. This is not a negotiation. We do not debate. I tell you what to do. And right now I am telling you to drop this whole "buying my screen name" thing right now. Just end it before you do further damage to your reputation and your future on this forum.

Clearly I made a mistake in putting you in my Gold Club. I already have demoted you to the Cirle of the Non-Knowing, but thus far have resisted relegating you to the Village of the Banned. You are making it harder for me to resist banning you, Dulouz. I don't want to have to do that.

At any rate, I now have 43 more posts until I hit the 1,000. Enjoy the specatacle from your new station in the Circle of the Non-Knowing. You will be asked to provide assisstance in cleanup after the celebration is over. Prepare yourself for this detail, because it's GONNA BE HUGE.

Sheppy
Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby massimo » Tue May 22, 2007 1:24 pm

$34.25
massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sheppie » Tue May 22, 2007 2:43 pm

Sheepy wrote:Dulouz,
I'll sell you mine for $19.99.

ONLY 998 MORE TO GO!!!
SHEEPY ROCKS!!!

$19.74.

ONLY 999 MORE TO GO!!!
SHEPPIE ROCKS!!!
Sheppie

Postby Kyle Motor » Tue May 22, 2007 3:00 pm

All these Sheppy-imposters suck ass. Either be as awesome as Sheppy, or don't even try.
Kyle Motor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Tue May 22, 2007 3:05 pm

Kyle Motor wrote:... as awesome as Sheppy ...

I know those words, but that phrase makes no sense to me.
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Tue May 22, 2007 3:07 pm

Notice how you never see Sheppy and Art Paul together.....
blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue May 22, 2007 4:07 pm

I bet Art Paul could compose a really cool song about Sheppy. It could commemorate HIS 1000TH POST! IT'LL BE AWESOME!!!
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Tue May 22, 2007 8:00 pm

Purple Sheppies on the Moon?
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to Town Vibe