MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Friday, July 25, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 67.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Downtown Grocery

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?

Downtown Grocery

Postby Bwis53 » Thu May 24, 2007 8:08 am

I don't know if they're just trying a little harder, but, I've been happier with Cap Foods lately. I wish they'd just knock out the wall and move into Dorn's space. Dorn can move over to one of the vacant spaces nearby.

Has any one heard more about getting a Downtown grocery? With all the highrises, have we hit critical mass to aquire mass quantities?

Last I heard, future plans for the Brayton parking lot, have an idea for a Sentry grocery.

It is so pleasurable to walk over Capital Hill, get what I need, and walk back home. It is one of the quieter pleasures of living on the Isthmus!
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Thu May 24, 2007 8:21 am

Cap foods has improved since my college days, but it still has a ways to go. They still have expired dairy products often enough to warrant concern, and they still have the signs plastered everywhere relaying their minimum purchase requirements for credit cards, which are a violation of terms with all major credit card companies.
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby meowzamusic » Thu May 24, 2007 8:53 am

If they put in a Sentry at the Brayton Parking Lot, is that going to interfere with your location? :wink:
meowzamusic
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Thu May 24, 2007 9:08 am

Uh,uh, I'm just across E. Wash., and wouldn't consider myself a James Madison Park person. I'd be happy to move for a grocery store! I still remember the A&P!
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby universitylad » Thu May 24, 2007 5:41 pm

TAsunder wrote:Cap foods has improved since my college days, but it still has a ways to go. They still have expired dairy products often enough to warrant concern, and they still have the signs plastered everywhere relaying their minimum purchase requirements for credit cards, which are a violation of terms with all major credit card companies.

The first floor of Metropolitan Place Phase II seems big enough for a large grocery store. Will it be the next Willy Street Coop?
universitylad
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Town Vibe