MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Sunday, December 21, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 31.0° F  Light Snow Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

Short skirts in single digits on State St.

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?

Re: Short skirts in single digits on State St.

Postby AndyWx80 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:39 pm

i have to admit i wear shorts to the gym if it's in the 30s or above (as long as it's not too windy). 30s aren't so bad after a few days in the teens.

i saw a girl with about 27 square feet of thigh, knee and calf completely exposed on state street yesterday, when it was 12 degrees out. she rode the bus 3 blocks. :roll:
AndyWx80
Forum Addict

Postby juanton » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:05 pm

Kenneth Burns wrote:A frequently spotted look outside UW's Shell gym, where I work out, is the North Face coat and gym shorts.

A bitch bubble?
juanton
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:09 pm

A great look at the west-side Y, and one deployed by my own kid, is the full winter jacket, basketball shorts, boots and basketball shoes in hand.

However, unlike "shorts guy," this is less a fashion statement and more of an indication that the kid is keeping stuff simple, of having it kept simple for him.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Zloduska » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:38 pm

This is a frequent conundrum when going to the Inferno during the harsh winter months, as was the case last Saturday night for Leather & Lace. On the inside of the club, it's hot, smoke-filled and sweaty, outside it's freezing, and clothing is minimal-- should one stay bundled up and warm to enter the club and be forced to throw your nice clean scarves, jackets, sweaters, etc on the sticky mess of a floor and have them reek of stale cigarettes for days-- or peel off the outer layers and sprint half naked and race to the door, freezing your arse off and sparing yourself the burden of the extra apparel? I chose staying wrapped in a heavy sweater and being dropped off by the door; I didn't want to lose a nipple to hypothermia, after all.
Last edited by Zloduska on Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zloduska

Postby Bunny Chow » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:59 pm

Zloduska wrote:This is a frequent conundrum when going to the Inferno during the harsh winter months, as was the case last Saturday night for Leather & Lace. On the inside of the club, it's hot, smoke-filled and sweaty, outside it's freezing, and clothing is minimal-- should one stay bundled up and warm to enter the club and be forced to throw your nice clean scarves, jackets, sweaters, etc on the sticky mess of a floor and have them reek of stale cigarettes for days-- or peel off the outer layers and sprint half naked and race to the door, freezing your arse off and sparing yourself the burden of the extra apparel? I chose staying wrapped in a heavy sweater and being dropped off by the door; I didn't want to loose a nipple to hypothermia, after all.

It would be appropos to have a coat check on those nights. It wouldn't be the first time someone lost a nipple on L&L night.
Bunny Chow
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AaronTheSnob » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:37 pm

Just ran down to the Coppy's on Century Ave. in Middleton on my lunch hour. Outside temp registering 1 degree. Pull into parking lot and see two idiots---one big fat one and a dinky skinny one--strutting across the lot toward the store, both wearing baggy cargo shorts, one with a T-shirt and the other some kind of flimsy cotton-looking sweater. The fat one was also wearing sandals (although with socks, which is even worse).

Jesus.
AaronTheSnob
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bunny Chow » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:08 pm

AaronTheSnob wrote:Just ran down to the Coppy's on Century Ave. in Middleton on my lunch hour. Outside temp registering 1 degree. Pull into parking lot and see two idiots---one big fat one and a dinky skinny one--strutting across the lot toward the store, both wearing baggy cargo shorts, one with a T-shirt and the other some kind of flimsy cotton-looking sweater. The fat one was also wearing sandals (although with socks, which is even worse).

Jesus.

I'm guessing Jesus was the one with the sandals. I hoped you got a chance to ask for forgiveness. Next time you spot him, TWITTER us please.
Bunny Chow
Forum God/Goddess

Postby scratch » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:42 am

johnykeith wrote:It was really distracting the excessive use short skirts in cebit. Other than it's disrespecting to women, it was hard to concentrate on the product itself. :roll: :roll:

But what is your first language?
scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:37 pm

Whatever they speak in cebit.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:42 pm

snoqueen wrote:Whatever they speak in cebit.

German
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Lily » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:20 pm

Geez

Its so tough to be cute in sub-zero weather with high heels on the ice-covered sidewalk and a mini-skirt. Give a girl a break. Personally, I'd rather wrap up with multiple insulated layers and flat soled suede boots so I'd be warm outside.

Then there's the guys wearing the BB shorts in -2 degree weather. Oh my.

Synopsis: It's COLD outside. Wear appropriate clothing so you are warm. This is NOT rocket science folks.

Apparently mating games have gotten a little more competitive since I was there. When temperatures reach single digits or less, you WILL need hat, gloves, scarf, coat, and YES a full length pair of pants. Girls, tights are meant to go UNDER slacks or a skirt--not act as pants. Cripes!!!
Lily
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Town Vibe