MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Sunday, March 1, 2015 |  Madison, WI: 17.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

The crosswalk quest continues

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?

Re: The crosswalk quest continues

Postby bleurose » Thu May 13, 2010 9:13 am

Not nearly as big an asshole as you are. News flash - life is both tough & uncompromising. If someone has managed to get to young adulthood and hasn't figured out something as basic as how to cross a street safely and believes that the rest of the world is supposed to look out for him/her, that person WILL learn. If said person is lucky, s/he won't die in the process. Some of them will - that doesn't make ME the asshole. Nor does making the obvious observation. The individual who deserves the sympathy here is the bus driver who couldn't avoid the oblivious idiot stepping off a curb right in front of tons of moving machinery.

Quit with the faux indignation, it only makes you look like a jerk :roll:
bleurose
Forum Addict

Postby kissyfish » Thu May 13, 2010 10:02 am

Driving back from downtown, I paid special attention to where there appears to be potential ped crossings, and some of them make no sense. Like just as one gets on campus drive going west, about 20 feet past the lights (and controlled intersection), am I to stop there, and by university station, is university ave to stop for pedestrians there?

It is confusing.
kissyfish
Forum Addict

Postby jman111 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:14 am

kissyfish wrote: ...just as one gets on campus drive going west, about 20 feet past the lights (and controlled intersection), am I to stop there...?
It is confusing.

That is a weird one. The crosswalk is "controlled" for eastbound and westbound University and eastbound Campus Drive, but not westbound Campus Drive. But, yes, I have had to stop there many times for crossers. Luckily, most pedestrians don't seem to treat this one like some of those previously mentioned- they generally wait for a break in traffic, in my experience.
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Exploding Pinto » Thu May 13, 2010 11:35 am

bleurose wrote:Not nearly as big an asshole as you are. News flash - life is both tough & uncompromising. If someone has managed to get to young adulthood and hasn't figured out something as basic as how to cross a street safely and believes that the rest of the world is supposed to look out for him/her, that person WILL learn. If said person is lucky, s/he won't die in the process. Some of them will - that doesn't make ME the asshole.

You drop by and make fun of someone that got hit by a bus in Illinois without providing the background facts or relating it to the discussion at hand. So yeah, you're on Team Asshole.

Spare us the life lessons, and go ahead and take your news flash and shove it up your ass. This ain’t a conversation about life being tough and uncompromising, waterhead.
Exploding Pinto
Forum Addict

Postby bleurose » Thu May 13, 2010 1:01 pm

My, my, aren't you touchy? Not much on comprehension either, are you, Pinto? You get to "drop into this forum" and don't add anything to the discussion and when someone calls you on it, it ties a knot in your tail. Another news flash - & apparently you need these because you're so dense - anyone gets to "drop by" on this forum. Even, apparently, you. And how exactly does a clueless pedestrian stepping off a curb into the path of a bus NOT relate to the subject at hand? This does indeed seem to be a discussion about pedestrians & vehicles & cross walks. Or did you miss all that too? And what other pertinent facts would you like which would help you understand the conversation? Because obviously you :oops: are lost.

Let me explain this part slowly so you will get it: I was not making fun of someone. Seems you don't get context either. I described an example relevant to the discussion with enough detail for normally intelligent people to understand - and you clearly did not - and made an observation that bad things can happen to people who think everyone else is looking out for them. I.E., those people get removed from the gene pool. I elaborate, for your benefit alone because everyone else seems to understand, that sometimes learning a little late about common sense and expecting everyone else to take care of you can have fatal consequences for you. Pay attention because I'm going to show you the connection here: this relates to a previous poster's comment that he isn't a mind reader when it comes to figuring out what a pedestrian is going to do when a motorist is practically in a cross walk (or not) when said pedestrian steps off a curb right in front of tons of moving machinery. See how that all ties together?

Since you happily don't make the rules about what constitutes "the conversation" around here, I don't give a shit what you think belongs or not. But in the interest of trying to keep you up to speed on this one, that was only directed at you, Mr. Hydrocephalus. If you'd pull that water-filled balloon you call a head out of your ass, you might benefit from a few things. On the other hand, if you keep your head up your ass like that, you will no doubt end up like that clueless pedestrian.

Sorry, you completed the roster for Team Asshole AND were unanimously acclaimed Captain Asshole. Now please go back to your third grade classroom, take your seat and stop annoying the rest of us. Because right now, you are on a beeline to get run over by a truck and no clue what hit you or why.
bleurose
Forum Addict

Postby jjoyce » Thu May 13, 2010 2:13 pm

I kinda make the rules and I should be clear here: This thread is in the process of being wrecked. Please stop it.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby green union terrace chair » Thu May 13, 2010 4:41 pm

When the chicken crossed the road, did it use a crosswalk?
green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Town Vibe