MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Friday, August 1, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 81.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Screw those pedestrians, anyway

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?

Re: Screw those pedestrians, anyway

Postby LaughingGirl » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:47 pm

Thanks jman!
LaughingGirl
Senior Member
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:12 pm

Re: Screw those pedestrians, anyway

Postby jman111 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:57 pm

Even we "technical illiterates" can figure this stuff out eventually (referring, of course, only to myself- no presumptions about you :D )

Now, if I could only figure out how to insert a link with my words substituted for the URL, like when people say "See link here", and the word "here" is the actual link.

Anyone? A little help here?
jman111
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2931
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:43 pm
Location: Dane County

Re: Screw those pedestrians, anyway

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:26 pm

jman111 wrote:Even we "technical illiterates" can figure this stuff out eventually (referring, of course, only to myself- no presumptions about you :D )

Now, if I could only figure out how to insert a link with my words substituted for the URL, like when people say "See link here", and the word "here" is the actual link.

Anyone? A little help here?

Opening bracket followed by url followed by the equal sign followed by the full url of your link followed by a closing bracket. Then type some descriptive words followed by an opening bracket followed by a slash, url and finally a closing bracket.

Here is an example. Isthmus forum

Hit quote to see how I did it.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 19606
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all

Re: Screw those pedestrians, anyway

Postby green union terrace chair » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:41 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:
jman111 wrote:Even we "technical illiterates" can figure this stuff out eventually (referring, of course, only to myself- no presumptions about you :D )

Now, if I could only figure out how to insert a link with my words substituted for the URL, like when people say "See link here", and the word "here" is the actual link.

Anyone? A little help here?

Opening bracket followed by url followed by the equal sign followed by the full url of your link followed by a closing bracket. Then type some descriptive words followed by an opening bracket followed by a slash, url and finally a closing bracket.

Here is an example. Isthmus forum

Hit quote to see how I did it.


And if you put
Code: Select all
[code]something[/code]
tags around something, you can see the mark-up as well.

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.thedailypage.com/forum/]Isthmus forum[/url]


Most educational thread hijack ever!
green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2848
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Memorial Union

Re: Screw those pedestrians, anyway

Postby jman111 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:50 pm

Excellent. Thanks for the info!
jman111
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2931
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:43 pm
Location: Dane County

Re: Screw those pedestrians, anyway

Postby snoqueen » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:01 pm

Before we close the brackets on this hijack, could someone please show me how to insert a picture into a message? I'm usually pretty tech-literate but that one's got me stopped.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 11322
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:42 pm

Re: Screw those pedestrians, anyway

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:11 pm

snoqueen wrote:Before we close the brackets on this hijack, could someone please show me how to insert a picture into a message? I'm usually pretty tech-literate but that one's got me stopped.

Use the tag img (add a slash just before img with the last tag). Between the tags, copy and paste the full url of a jpg or gif.

Here are some examples. Hit quote to see exactly how I did it.

Image

Image
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 19606
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all

Re: Screw those pedestrians, anyway

Postby snoqueen » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:48 pm

Oh great. Now I can start annoying everybody with cute puppies all over my messages.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 11322
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:42 pm

Previous

Return to Town Vibe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

moviesmusiceats
Select a Movie
Select a Theater


commentsViewedForum
  ISTHMUS FLICKR

Promotions Contact us Privacy Policy Jobs Newsletters RSS
Collapse Photo Bar