MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Saturday, August 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 76.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Capitol View Farmers' Market

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?

Capitol View Farmers' Market

Postby TheBookPolice » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:11 am

We're heading into the last three weeks of the inaugural year for this market. I've gone a handful of times since June; it's basically fine, though I could go for one more meat and/or cheese vendor.

Have you been? Whaddaya think?
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 8365
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: The mystical Far East

Re: Capitol View Farmers' Market

Postby katiebot5000 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:59 am

We live about 2 blocks from the location so for us its wonderful. I do agree that it could use a few more vendors. I really like the incredibly laid back atmosphere and it's nice to be able to grab a few items and have a seat in the grassy area and just relax. We've been tempted to try the oven fired pizza place, but their pricing stops us.
katiebot5000
Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 4:26 pm

Re: Capitol View Farmers' Market

Postby green union terrace chair » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:57 pm

Where is this?
green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2863
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Memorial Union

Re: Capitol View Farmers' Market

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:59 pm

I won't go through the effort of posting a snide LMGTFY link:

http://capitolviewfarmersmarket.com/

It's across the street from where Cloud 9/Jovian used to be.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 8365
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: The mystical Far East

Re: Capitol View Farmers' Market

Postby green union terrace chair » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:04 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:I won't go through the effort of posting a snide LMGTFY link:

http://capitolviewfarmersmarket.com/

It's across the street from where Cloud 9/Jovian used to be.

Thanks for the snide notification of your voluntary suspension of snideness, Mr. Snidey McSniderson.

Is this neighborhood formally known as "Capitol View?" It seems confusing to me, since you can "view" the "capitol" from the original downtown farmer's market.
green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2863
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Memorial Union

Re: Capitol View Farmers' Market

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:31 pm

green union terrace chair wrote:Thanks for the snide notification of your voluntary suspension of snideness, Mr. Snidey McSniderson.

Is this neighborhood formally known as "Capitol View?" It seems confusing to me, since you can "view" the "capitol" from the original downtown farmer's market.

See, there I go leaving off my [wry] tag again.

This is the Grandview Commons neighborhood (as evidenced in the link I so soberly provided to you). And the market isn't called the Exclusive Capitol View Farmers' Market. There's already an East Side Farmers' Market and an East Towne Farmers' Market. This market needed a distinctive moniker, and since you have a nice view looking down on the Capitol from there...

No one's going to confuse it for the downtown Farmers' Market--except perhaps you.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 8365
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: The mystical Far East

Re: Capitol View Farmers' Market

Postby Saboroso » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:27 am

katiebot5000 wrote:We live about 2 blocks from the location so for us its wonderful. I do agree that it could use a few more vendors. I really like the incredibly laid back atmosphere and it's nice to be able to grab a few items and have a seat in the grassy area and just relax. We've been tempted to try the oven fired pizza place, but their pricing stops us.


Howdy neighbor, whoever you are.

I'm trying to support the pizza people. For me it's more like a well prepared crust with the essence of toppings. We take it home and fix it up with sauce, cheese and basil from the garden. I spoke with them about it (nicely) but I don't think they see the need to adjust their prices or product. Cheers to their success. It must be working for them.

I love having the market there. My wife and I haven't missed one yet. Saboroso played there at no charge earlier this summer in hopes of drawing a little more attention to it. But, 92 in the shade that night, don't think we helped much. I hope the 20 people we drew bought some pizza, veggies, meat, cheese, eggs and lemonade! And cupcakes.

They had a corn roast with some folk music a few weeks ago. That went over well. I hope the vendors are doing well enough to keep it going next year. I've heard positive reviews from those that I've talked to about it.

(-John)
Saboroso
Senior Member
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:58 pm


Return to Town Vibe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

moviesmusiceats
Select a Movie
Select a Theater


commentsViewedForum
  ISTHMUS FLICKR

Promotions Contact us Privacy Policy Jobs Newsletters RSS
Collapse Photo Bar