MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Monday, October 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 51.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Will someone admit that Madison sucks at snow removal?

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?

Re: Will someone admit that Madison sucks at snow removal?

Postby TimeMasterFlex » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:24 am

I have been digging into the city budget thanks to my new sweeping access and I think I know the reason as to why snow removal is so poor in Madison.

I will not complain about it anymore because what I have seen in the books I cannot unsee. :shock:

I have no idea how Madison ever gets anything done frankly.
TimeMasterFlex

Postby Michael Patrick » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:33 am

Taco wrote: With January 4th being the deadline, now is as good as any time to announce my candidacy for Mayor of Madison. Vote Taco people - put a little spice in your life!

Also - fuck that guy from NYC.

More tacos and fuck the guy from NYC - a platform I can support! :lol:
Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TimeMasterFlex » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:37 am

To the persons attacking me - no amount of attacks against me will reverse the fact that Wisconsin is now fully a Republican state.

I know your anger is misdirected and trust me, coming from New York City your meager attacks mean nothing.

Now excuse me as I copy and paste this into the other threads I have been attacked on. Why copy and paste this? Frankly, your attacks are not worth the calories I would need to expend to write a custom reply in each thread I was attacked in.

TimeMasterFlex

Postby scratch » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:12 am

TimeMasterFlex wrote:To the persons attacking me - no amount of attacks against me will reverse the fact that Wisconsin is now fully a Republican state.
I know your anger is misdirected and trust me, coming from New York City your meager attacks mean nothing.
Now excuse me as I copy and paste this into the other threads I have been attacked on. Why copy and paste this? Frankly, your attacks are not worth the calories I would need to expend to write a custom reply in each thread I was attacked in.

Hey TimeMasterFlux, how's that snow removal going in NYC? Maybe you should get your masterfulness back there to help out. We not only can spare you, I'd like nothing better than to know that you are among your own kind. Maybe you could borrow Snotty Scotty's new ride for the trip!
scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:46 pm

What's the matter, Lamb Chop, Sheppy got your tongue?
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HeyZeus » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:16 pm

TimeMasterFlex wrote:I have been digging into the city budget thanks to my new sweeping access...

Weren't you the guy who took my money in the parking ramp last night? That's not a computer you have in there, that's a cash register.
HeyZeus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby beenie » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:42 pm

scratch wrote:Hey TimeMasterFlux, how's that snow removal going in NYC?

Not well, apparently.

That video notwithstanding, judging by the complaints of some friends back home, it really didn't go well at all, compared to what our new friend thinks would have happened.

I'm sure I was like this guy at some point (i.e., probably for at least a year-plus after I moved here, if not longer), but some of these rants are seriously cringe-worthy. Then again, nobody forced me to move here. :roll:
beenie
Forum Addict

Postby persia » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:03 pm

Well now that the new Governor is working on the bridge to the 19th Century it may well be time to move to a place outside the Tundra. Hawaii perhaps?
persia
Forum Addict

Postby c02 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:42 am

Just a quick "credit when credit is due" moment; the streets were cleared pretty well this time around. Of course I'll ignore the fact that they weren't done at all prior to the larger dump....but once they were out, things were great where I was.
c02
Forum Addict

Postby Stebben84 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:13 am

So far this is one of the first years I can't complain about snow removal. Even my neighbors are shoveling. Granted we haven't had a crippling dump of snow, but with these 4-8 inch drops, the city has responded pretty well. At least that's my take on it.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:22 am

Stebben84 wrote:crippling dump

Band name.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:25 am

TheBookPolice wrote:

Band name.

After I wrote that, I almost commented on it myself. I'd love to see someone come up with a band logo for that one. I guess it would have to have a snow theme as well.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:51 am

TheBookPolice wrote:

Band name.

Blaska's blog name.
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:28 am

Happened to be looking out the window yesterday as a plow went by, apparently doing some touch-up work since I'd already cleared the plow leavings from the base of my driveway.

Anyway, as he approaches my driveway, dude lifts the blade, then drops it again after he passes. I've never seen such consideration before. It wasn't like he could have seen me, it was just a considerate gesture.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:41 am

Can you send that considerate plow driver to the Olbrich area? The driver in our area was apparently going so fast on the first clearing that he/she not only dumped a foot of snow in our driveway terrace, he also filled up the previously shoveled sidewalk, which in our 'hood is about six feet from the street.
minicat
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Town Vibe