MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Sunday, July 13, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 82.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Quality Assisted Living on the East Side?

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?

Quality Assisted Living on the East Side?

Postby adrian z. » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:49 pm

My 90 year old mother is currently living at Heritage Monona. They're nice enough, and the inner environment is clean and pleasant, but they are very corporate, don't spend enough money on adequate or professional staff, and don't train them well. I've seen med errors, neglected residents who need assistance, and often very bored, wandering, confused people. Heritage also evicts people rather than accepting county funding, once their money runs out, which they don't disclose up front.

Anyone have suggestions for good asssited living on the East Side? I'm interested in checking out Chammomile soon, did not like what I saw at Harmony near East Town or Oak Park Place in the same area. Oakwood Village is good, but they won't let anyone in with less than 300K in savings, and my mom has less than half that.

On that note, does anyone know about individuals or groups working on creating more holistic, community-based, affordable options on the east side? It's mostly very corporate right now, and Madison needs some better alternatives.

Thanks in advance for your ideas.
adrian z.

Re: Quality Assisted Living on the East Side?

Postby Daybreakventure » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:16 pm

Assisted Living communities are designed for seniors who are no longer able to live on their own safely at home or in a retirement living situation but do not require the high level of care provided in a nursing home.Thanks for sharing with us !!
Assisted Living TX
Daybreak Venture Nursing Home Facilities
Daybreakventure

Re: Quality Assisted Living on the East Side?

Postby cxl01 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:22 pm

Oh yeah, this makes sense.

The question was about assisted living in Madison, Wisconsin and someone (or something) posts links for assisted living in Texas.

Robot spam?
cxl01
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Town Vibe